Good Shinguards for MMA training?

KwonFight1995

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm looking for some Shinguards for my MMA training that aren't as bulky.

I currently own a pair of Hayabusa's and a pair of title kickboxing Shinguards but one thing I've noticed is how large they are in terms of width, length, and thickness.

I know it's a good thing for protection purposes but I'm just looking for something that isn't as bilky and restricting that I can use for light sparring and pad work.

Any suggestions for guards you guys use?

depends on what you like.
most shin guards are strap ons.
some mma shin guards are like slip ons and they are tight. you will sweat in these.

if you are having a problem with sizing. order it online and return if it is not the right size. they will be understanding and wearing anything bigger than what is meant for you is dangerous, don't settle for it.

RDX got all kinds of shinguards, and at cheap prices as well, I usually order from the through eBay, they got tight slip ons, and they usual Velcro ones too

I've owned three pairs now:

1. Meister MMA shinguards - extremely thin, but held up for a long time. If someone checks your kick in these, it will hurt very badly.
2. Title Boxing - quickly fell apart. The foot part detached from the shin part, making them worthless.
3. Fighting Sports - these have held up a while, but are now beginning to fall apart after 1 year of use. They're ok.

Look for MMA or grappling shinguards as opposed to kickboxing shinguards. Kickboxing specific shinguards will be more bulky. Good luck in your search!

Back