Good video and argument against Affirmative Action

I agree with a lot of what you have said in this thread (except when you got all crazy lol), but you are fighting a losing battle as there are a good amount of people that truly believe racism/discrimination died with the Jim Crow laws, or if you mention white privilege they respond with "So trailer Joe is more privileged than Lebron James?" and such. Nothing you say will change their minds regardless of the points you make or provide in the context of discussion.

However with that being said, the main thing I don't agree with on your perspective is automatic qualifications for any race when results are a viable option. In the police exam example you mentioned earlier, where there is standardized testing involved before acceptance to a police academy, then if they are accepting 100 applicants to phase 2, then it should be the highest ranking scores in order until you reach person 100. If the passing score is "above 85", there is no justification to take someone who scored an 86 before someone who scored a 91. That is the most fair and objective way for all parties involved. You have been saying that it "doesn't take away or limit another race", but in reality it does because if a white or Asian had the higher score, they didn't receive a job opportunity that they deserved. They earned it in this example you gave, by studying harder or scoring higher, yet their elimination would be strictly on too many people of their race scoring higher and another race not scoring high enough as they did to make the cut.

You've made many good points in this thread, but I feel this one you should revisit.
first of all, when it comes to affirmative action, what we're talking about really is OPPORTUNITY. so, yes, the white kid in the trailer park, from BEFORE he was born, was more privileged than lebron james....now that lebron is a billionaire, he doesn't have to live in america (i honestly don't know why he still does) or put up with a lotta things regular folks do, so, he can potentially enjoy more privileges than a poor or middle-class white guy. but whites in general start off far more privileged than blacks.

my example about the police was saying that there are OTHER criteria besides just raw sores.

I tried to illustrate that point by explaining how on one particular occasion, i applied and interviewed for a job...i knew all the other applicants personally as it was a company we all worked for. I was far more qualified than all of them...the company gave the job to a less qualified guy. the company explained the reason he was hired, and i understood. there were other applicants who objected, but i knew from experience that my superior education and experience didn't mean i would automatically be chosen..the company was looking for other qualities besides those things..longevity, how well they felt a particular individual would "fit in" the new position. I didn't take it as racist at all that i wasn't hired. i have heard many managers talk about why they don't necessarily hire the "most qualified" guy...it could be personality, or maybe that particular candidate is even overqualified...there's lots of reasons.

in the police example, i was saying the same criteria is used by many cities in hiring police....they consider the needs of the community...the cultural backgrounds involved and things like that. they have to look at who is the best fit...who has the best chance of being successful and who can best build the rapport with the community like the police are supposed to do in their charter to serve and protect. so, a person may have the highest score and not be best suited for the job.

if you gave that job to someone from a different cultural background, you might actually be setting them up for failure. of course we don't have the ability to see the future, and things might not work out, so that's why people get fired and the hiring process has to start all over again...but my point was that it doesn't hurt a white candidate if he or she is not hired in this case...that person might simply not be the best qualified for that job based on what the city sees as the most important criteria...that's not racism...it's public administration.

You called a black woman who didn't do shit to you a "bitch" but you I'M the one stereotyping people? what are you... a fuckin moron?

and yes, you son of a bitch...ask yourself why affirmative action was needed in the first place. it was because white people were scared shitless that if blacks were allowed to be literate and be educated those blacks would take over...so, the "superior" white race had to stop "inferior" blacks from getting educated...but if you're REALLY superior to somebody why would you care of they became literate or not? no... whites back then saw all too well what happens when blacks get educated. they knew the ONLY chance they had to hold onto their power was to keep blacks uneducated for as long as they could. but even that didn't stop us...time's up.

but i give you this.. have some nerve to ask why blacks need affirmative action...smdh.

You're an absolute worthless piece of shit....you should go put a bullet in your fuckin brain and the world and you bitch of a mother and your whole family would be better off.

tenor.gif
at black supremacists.

And people call this place sherfront.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but black people will never take over. It's going to be the Chinese, Hispanics and Middle Easterners that are going to take over. Have fun with that in the future.

PS: they don't have white guilt.

You called a black woman who didn't do shit to you a "bitch" but you I'M the one stereotyping people? what are you... a fuckin moron?

and yes, you son of a bitch...ask yourself why affirmative action was needed in the first place. it was because white people were scared shitless that if blacks were allowed to be literate and be educated those blacks would take over...so, the "superior" white race had to stop "inferior" blacks from getting educated...but if you're REALLY superior to somebody why would you care of they became literate or not? no... whites back then saw all too well what happens when blacks get educated. they knew the ONLY chance they had to hold onto their power was to keep blacks uneducated for as long as they could. but even that didn't stop us...time's up.

but i give you this.. have some nerve to ask why blacks need affirmative action...smdh.

You're an absolute worthless piece of shit....you should go put a bullet in your fuckin brain and the world and you bitch of a mother and your whole family would be better off.

Lol.
Wow.

{<jordan}

You seem totally sane and definitely not paranoid and psychotic. Yes, cracker ass crackers are terrified of your master race that is so superior you are admitting they need lowered standards to do anything.

<{MingNope}>

Keep it up with this unhinged meltdown at the thought of even standards. We may need to lower mental health standards for you too.

i see it more as a case of running a marathon with all the black competitors legs being tied to a ball and chain for the first 13 miles....by that time, those competitors are hopelessly far behind. the group without the ball and chain are probably at the 20 mile mark.

Then, the decision is made to remove the balls and chains, but also to make the race fair by shortening the distance for the black competitors who were dealing with the hindrance to begin with....so instead of running the entire 26 miles, the ball and chain group only have to run 20 miles.

I don't see that as favoring either group...i see it as correcting the inequity that existed to begin with.

however, the non-ball and chain group would be expected to say "why should they have to run a shorter distance to the finish line? why are they getting special treatment? that's discriminating against me. i got here to mile 20 on my own without any help. I would be offended if somebody said i needed help make it the full distance...they should be too. it's not fair to me."

I don't see how this analogy proves your previous position. I think it does the opposite.

It seems like you want to have it both ways. On the one hand you support affirmative action initiatives. But then when I explained to you that in the case of university admissions (given its nature as zero sum) by enrolling a certain percentage of people of color you would be disqualifying that number of white students who had the same or superior high school grades and test scores.

But then you changed your argument to suggest that the black students getting in to the school would be doing so based on some other traditional enrollment criteria (like extra curriculars) but NOT on the basis of the affirmative action policy itself. Which then immediately begs the question: Then why would there be any need for affirmative action policies??

Why can't you just acknowledge that, yes, affirmative action is "making up the distance" in actual, measurable performance between whites and people of color and declaring people of color the "winners" over the whites based on that artificial adjustment?

tenor.gif
at black supremacists.

And people call this place sherfront.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but black people will never take over. It's going to be the Chinese, Hispanics and Middle Easterners that are going to take over. Have fun with that in the future.

PS: they don't have white guilt.
given the history of white people, the most murderous people ever, spreading death, disease, slavery, violence, absolute misery and depravity throughout the world, it will be a great day when guys are kicked aside to make room for others. but lemme tell you this...if you think blacks are the only ones you hate y'all, you need to think again. the whole world despises the white race and has some serious bones to pick with y'all...i would say that when blacks or some other race takes over, the white race will not survive more than a couple of decades...at least not in a way that y'all are recognizable now...y'all are doomed to extinction within decades after losing power...is gonna be hell to pay...they will fuckin ravage your asses...they will rip your fuckin guts out and shit down you belly...there will be some serious ethnic cleansing...and you know what? y'all richly deserve it and the world will be better off without y'all in it.

cheers, bruh.

Last edited:
{<jordan}

You seem totally sane and definitely not paranoid and psychotic. Yes, cracker ass crackers are terrified of your master race that is so superior you are admitting they need lowered standards to do anything.

<{MingNope}>

Keep it up with this unhinged meltdown at the thought of even standards. We may need to lower mental health standards for you too.
yeah, asshole..."even standards"...that's why y'all denied blacks education and proper schooling for centuries ...because white people really believe in fairness.

y'all a buncha bitches that didn't have the confidence in your own ability...you knew you couldn't do it on your own. so, you had to cheat, lie, and kill innocent people with your lazy, crazy, worthless asses. your whole history is about not being able to compete "on even terms" with other races, so you duck out of a richly deserved ass-whippin by cheating and lying....want proof? here it is:

- the native americans didn't do shit to y'all...but y'all wanted to kill them all anyway...so they beat the shit out of you cause you're physically weak...the only thing saved your ass was all the nasty diseases y'all brought from europe...

-then you got your asses kicked by the filipinos...a bunhca filipino peasants beat the white US military, lol. so y'all ran away and declared victory.

- then you your asses really handed to you by the japanese, lol...needed the jews to save your ass with the atom bomb.

-then you got your asses beat by the koreans...and the vietnamese...and some somalis...and the taliban ...and some iraqis...all of them nothing but buncha farmers and country bumpkins...and y'all still couldn't even compete on even terms with them... so y'all ran away and lied to the world about you "won".

the fact is, the white man can't compete on even terms without lying or cheating or pulling some kinda trickery...that's the real reason y'all are against affirmative action. cause it would level the playing field and your weak asses would go down...cause y'all some weak bitches.

Last edited:
Sure. Firstly though I would say of course we had African American doctors, etc, etc in 1958. But I think we 100% agree the scale was massively harder to achieve the feats at that time and many more likely talented men and women weren't given the same playing field in comparison to today.

I feel it reinforces inferiority because it creates a psychological norm, where say "John" would be accepted into a position he likely was less qualified for than "Jim", and accepts it with open arms because it benefits him. This is what "Jim" would have done years ago if it was in reverse. This in turn makes John mentally acknowledge that while he may be less qualified, he was equally deserving of a position because he can handle the position too. That is going down the wrong path because now when John is less qualified for a promotion than "Joe" 2 years later, John thinks he is deserving due to his experience of how he benefited from AA in the past. This is why I despise AA. The mass acceptance of AA imo is an acknowledgement that African Americans can't achieve as much greatness as they are capable of. It's a crutch, and an unneeded one.

In reverse, I would prefer a much more direct confident approach. Because we are in 2018 where equal opportunity has improved massively, anyone can achieve anything. If the community achieves less as a whole, refuse the handouts, and boldly say they are unneeded and prove the case. When African Americans apply themselves in many areas, they have proven they are equally talented than anyone given the circumstances, and superior in others. AA isn't needed to show that. Stand up and unite as a group and make statements such as "we're tired of being looked down on. Let's study 3x as hard, use online resources to build knowledge, network, build the image, build the personal brand", etc, and then break down perceived barriers. Look up to the African Americans who have achieved greatness through unrivaled work ethic and overcoming adversity as role models first and foremost. The main problem I see stemming from the community is the negative impacts of the current culture and mindset, which squanders more potential than any other community. Improving this, would have double the effect that AA ever could have.
OK, so you're saying that if someone was accepted to a school or was hired for a job under affirmative action, which means they were not the "most qualified", they should feel inferior, because it means they got something they KNOW they didn't deserve, right?... I understand that point...my counterpoint is that simply because you were not as qualified as someone else when you were hired for that job or accepted to that school does not determine that you are "inferior"...what makes you inferior is when you are given the opportunity and you FAIL...that is, when you demonstrate you are unable to perform at the level required of you by the school or by the job...but if you succeed, it proves that you were NEVER inferior...the problem all along was really just racism, and affirmative action was the cure...so, i guess my understanding of "inferior" is different from yours.

Now, i read somewhere a few years back that there was very little correlation between the grades used by harvard or other top schools to qualify students for admissions on one hand, and the actual classroom PERFORMANCE of the students, once they were admitted to harvard, on the other...that is to say, there were many students who were admitted with lower scores who ended up doing well and graduating with a degree, and many students who were admitted with higher schools and ended up failing. to me, that says the problem is not with the school's admission criteria. in fact, it shows that there are many, many bright and talented students who were failed by terrible high schools and who would be denied an opportunity at harvard if the only admissions criteria had to do with grades they got in high school...on the other hand there are many students who may have benefitted from a privileged background and when they were put in a position when they had to compete on their own without the support structure they had in high school, they lacked the strength of character to make it.

as for your other point about what the black community should do, i can tell you don't know much about black history...however, to make a long story short, it is a fact that ever since blacks arrived in america, and i'm talking even as slaves, we have been trying to achieve self-determination. of course every attempt at gaining freedom was brutally suppressed. after slavery, there was a period of black prosperity called reconstruction which saw many gains being made...that success was scuttled by the much larger and more powerful white majority because of jealousy about black progress. blacks then decided to separate from the white race and create our own communities...those were destroyed by white people rioting against black independence and progress or other acts of political aggression by whites...blacks seized opportunities to serve in the military and in support of the war effort, but every attempt to benefit from those efforts was met with murder, mayhem and destruction by whites.

when black men came from down south to look for work in the north, they were no different from the mexicans who cross the border to work for peanuts...blacks took lower pay for jobs from whites and sent money back to their families and tried to achieve some stability...white guys got mad they were losing their jobs, but they didn't do as you advise and tell themselves "hey, we're losing jobs to blacks...let's work 3x as hard, use resources to build knowledge, network, build the image, build the personal brand, etc"....what the did was, they rioted in the streets, killed black men, burned black neighborhoods and threatened businesses who wanted to hire blacks...then those business stopped hiring blacks and implemented quotas of zero for blacks.

...so blacks had to resort to menial jobs, unemployment or criminal activities to support their families. Then, those same blacks were told the reason for their situation was because we were lazy and lacked initiative...

so, my point is, there is no lack of drive and initiative in the black community. never has been...hell, we created the civil rights movement that gave rights to ALL disadvantaged people... we created american culture. that shows TREMENDOUS initiative, ingenuity, creativity and courage.

however, what there is, is a historical tendency for whites to suppress, destroy and denigrate any attempt of blacks to achieve success.

knowing this, the leaders of the most prestigious institutions in the land agreed with us that something had to be done to address the history of injustice...that's not us looking for a handout...it's not saying that we're not good enough to make it on our own...in fact, it's saying the opposite...it's saying, given a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD...that is, OPPORTUNITY, blacks can rise up equal to any other race...BUT THE WHITE RACE HAS TO STOP SABOTAGING OUR PROGRESS AT EVERY TURN...

the whole anti-affirmative action thing is whites saying "we know we dug a hole 30 feet deep and threw you guys in...well that's too bad, but sorry, we're not gonna help you get out of that hole. You need to do it without our help. but here's a 5 foot ladder..." then when we start pulling ourselves out using the 5 foot ladder y'all say "sorry, gotta take that ladder now, you have to pull yourself out of this hole yourself...you should have done it without the ladder, but you people, you just don't have the confidence in yourselves...if you would only get your act together, you would figure this thing out...learn to improve your culture and take responsibility and work 3x harder, you'll figure it out, OK?... have a nice day"...to me and every black person in the world, that's really a clear message from white people that boils down to you guys saying "hey, life is hard enough... we don't need to make it harder with competition from black people"

Last edited:
I don't see how this analogy proves your previous position. I think it does the opposite.

It seems like you want to have it both ways. On the one hand you support affirmative action initiatives. But then when I explained to you that in the case of university admissions (given its nature as zero sum) by enrolling a certain percentage of people of color you would be disqualifying that number of white students who had the same or superior high school grades and test scores.

But then you changed your argument to suggest that the black students getting in to the school would be doing so based on some other traditional enrollment criteria (like extra curriculars) but NOT on the basis of the affirmative action policy itself. Which then immediately begs the question: Then why would there be any need for affirmative action policies??

Why can't you just acknowledge that, yes, affirmative action is "making up the distance" in actual, measurable performance between whites and people of color and declaring people of color the "winners" over the whites based on that artificial adjustment?
so, you're misrepresenting what i said. i NEVER said blacks being enrolled in extracurricular activities is what gives us the edge over white students. what i said was, grades are not the ONLY criteria for getting into a particular college...schools consider a lot of other things, such as extracurricular activities. this is common knowledge that i was trying to explain to another poster.

when it comes to extracurricular activities, all students, black, white, asian, hispanic, all have to show some of that in order to be accepted into the top schools.

what i was talking about with affirmative action was that FIRST of all, the student has to have the grades to qualify for admission. SECONDLY schools have to do a "holistic" assessment of a student as part of the admission process. that includes extracurricular activities, interviews and observation of other intangibles.

This is where race may become a factor.

if i'm a black kid from P.S. 12 in the Bronx, from a poor, single-parent household in an economically depressed community and the school had no resources for anything except the shabby classroom and decrepit building and i STILL scored 1250 on my SATs am i MORE or LESS deserving than a white kid who went to a private high-school with great facilities and private tutors in a safe, stable affluent home in an upper-middle class neighborhood who scored 1500 on his SATs? who's more deserving to attend harvard in that case, assuming our extracurriculars are teh same? well, you might say "the white kid scored higher so he should go to harvard"...but the admissions officers are gonna say, "well the black kid was handicapped by so many other factors...given the statistics, it's a miracle he's still alive or not in some jail or didn't drop out...besides, he brings a whole different perspective due his life experience, that will add diversity and enrich the learning experience of the other students." and that's where affirmative action will come into play.

but does it HURT the white student?...no, because the CRITERIA was not ONLY scores or extracurriculars...there's an "intangibles" component that is also a factor. so, the white student just didn't do as well on the intangibles component...just like there will be kids who didn't do as well on the SATs...those kids aren't being unfairly discriminated against by not getting into harvard...schools do this because they need to conduct trend analysis on students' history and performance in order for the school to remain competitive in crowded college marketplace.

btw, college athletics coaches use the same method...they observe kids from various backgrounds...what they often find is a kid with NO formal coaching can play as well as or nearly as well as another kid who has benefited from a lifetime of good coaching in an organized sport. the coach will choose the kid who never had coaching because the reasoning is, if he can play that well with NO coaching, imagine what he'll be once he gets a good coach.

but in the long run, whites are greatly over-represented in college and so are asians...blacks are grossly UNDER-represented. so, i don't see what whites in general have to complain about in terms of college admissions.

it's funny, but reading your post reminded me of the asian kid who had perfect SATs and was a member of the choir that sang for obama...then he applies to college and doesn't get accepted by yale, harvard or princeton, but he gets accepted to Penn State which is an ivy league...and this kid who just got accepted to one of the best schools in the country and an ivy league school at that, gets mad and sues yale, harvard and princeton for not accepting him!...now that's some wacky shit...and proves the case for assessing students on the basis of "intangibles."

LOL at warped white progressive and bitter minority double standards. I'm the most hated guy on sherdog for saying mass immigration and multiculturalism is bad for any country (no just white ones) and get constantly reported for posting the truth. But this guy gets nothing.

given the history of white people, the most murderous people ever, spreading death, disease, slavery, violence, absolute misery and depravity throughout the world, it will be a great day when guys are kicked aside to make room for others. but lemme tell you this...if you think blacks are the only ones you hate y'all, you need to think again. the whole world despises the white race and has some serious bones to pick with y'all...i would say that when blacks or some other race takes over, the white race will not survive more than a couple of decades...at least not in a way that y'all are recognizable now...y'all are doomed to extinction within decades after losing power...is gonna be hell to pay...they will fuckin ravage your asses...they will rip your fuckin guts out and shit down you belly...there will be some serious ethnic cleansing...and you know what? y'all richly deserve it and the world will be better off without y'all in it.

cheers, bruh.

All you have to do is look at the history of Africa and it's much worse. Slavery is still going on over there. Slavery was going on way before white people started doing it. Asians have a much higher kill count. There are more people living in misery in India and China.

Technology invented in white countries have saved billions of lives.

<TheDonald>

LOL at warped white progressive and bitter minority double standards. I'm the most hated guy on sherdog for saying mass immigration and multiculturalism is bad for any country (no just white ones) and get constantly reported for posting the truth. But this guy gets nothing.

All you have to do is look at the history of Africa and it's much worse. Slavery is still going on over there. Slavery was going on way before white people started doing it. Asians have a much higher kill count. There are more people living in misery in India and China.

Technology invented in white countries have saved billions of lives.

<TheDonald>
well, first of all, you're wrong about mass migration and multiculturalism...those things are not inherently bad. there's good and bad with them...but if they're managed well, the benefits far outweigh the costs. most people intuitively know this and that's why they disagree with you....for example, in america many people might say immigration was bad for the native people when white people came here...but white people would say it's a great thing.

agree with you that slavery was going on in africa for many centuries...however, a slave in africa was normally an enemy combatant captured in war...that slave would work for his captors like any slave...but the difference is that the slave was not robbed of his identity, his name, his religion, his past...in fact, if that slave had a special skill such as silversmithing, he would work for his captors as a silversmith...diop says that, on average, slaves in africa were kept in bondage for about 4 years...at that point many of them would be allowed to buy their freedom...many decided to marry into the tribe that captured them. in other words, they became accepted members of that tribe. some of them even rose to become elders in that tribe...that is, respected members of a tribal governing body...so, yes, white europeans didn't invent slavery...what they invented was the complete dehumanization and degradation of their fellow human beings as a means of control under the system of slavery.

and as for the benefits of "white technology," i would direct you to watch a couple of movies...one called "something the lord made" and another called "hidden figures"...what those movies tell you is that blacks have been integral to the development of "white technology". if you really do some research you find that everything from computer technology to medical advances, to farm and industrial technology has a black imprint as well.... it's just that whites have claimed credit for it all, just like your buddy trump claims credit for obama's economy...and whites have in fact stolen a lot of technology they claim as their own, something that's been going on a long, long time.

Any more racists need to get banned? Lmk.

You seem to think that "wealth" is this thing that lasts for generations ... and that all white Americans have African gold buried in their gardens or something and have been dining out to it for their whole lives.

I love it when Euros try to tell Americans about American culture. You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. The very definition of wealth is multi generational prosperity. Guess what an educationally entitled and economically empowered demographic does? Create wealth! Guess what people from the African diaspora got denied? Education and economic power (despite doing the actual work that created the wealth)

When European Jews fled Europe in the 1930s, they came to the USA, poor as f**k ... but, within 10 years had an average salary on par with white Americans and have surpassed them since.
They were given citizenship free and clear and opportunity to learn and work without being oppressed, both which were denied in Europe. Why is this surprising?

Japan, at the end of WW2 was nuked ... twice! .... and had major cities firebombed into rubble ... within 20 years, were able to become the number 2 economy in the world. ... Creation of wealth/poverty is a mindset, how you live your life.

Do you think it's a coincidence the 2 countries with the most rapid industrialization are the ones that were decimated in the war? Who do you think paid for the rebuilding? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't Japanese emperors or German Königs.

I'm not wealthy at all. I have enough money to live on, a job that I love and I'm grateful for that.

The only thing that you know about oppression is things that you have read in a book.

I guess, I don't know how you can claim perpetual, insatiable victimhood based on historical events before you were even born.

It's not something I would do.

It's not something you understand, so maybe read up on the facts before you spout off your eurocentric drivel next time.

Who doesn’t like a hand out when you can justify it with past historical injustices that they’ve never experienced? Children in elementary school call their teachers racist when they are being taught to sit down and shut the fuck up. Victim hood is being taught to minority’s children at a young age by their broke ass mom and absent father. It is what it is. They believe they are entitled to these jobs and take no responsibility for their mom being a lazy whore

It’s a crutch they will always rely on meanwhile a poor white person that actually makes something of themselves know what it actually takes

Last edited:
If racial discrimination is wrong then it's wrong period. Whether the end is to increase diversity or reduce crime, racial discrimination is not an acceptable means. No one's pursuit of happiness should ever be hindered because of his race. And that's what AA does.

the discussion is problematic to begin with because the vast majority of black people don't know who jesse lee peterson is...he's just not on our radar. i've known about this guy for a long time, but that's because i 'm a nerd who watches c-span for fun and reads sociological studies about race because that kinda stuff interests me.

but that poor woman was ambushed...she had no idea this is a guy who has made his career as a fringe agitator, undermining the narrative that there is racial inequality in america. IMO, if the lady had been some kinda weirdo, unbeknownst to jesse, and shared his fucked up views about race and inequality, this video would never have been posted...he woulda kicked her out of the studio after 5 minutes, because he woulda had no use for her and woulda probably questioned her sanity. it's because jesse knows that blacks share a common experience in america and one that is well documented, that he knows there will be a discussion on the topic. but picking a random woman who is not an expert in this area is not the way to explore this topic...if he wants to do right by his viewers he should pick on a black studies professor or a civil rights lawyer. but he doesn't do this because he knows they would chew him up and spit him out in a bloody heap. so, he picks on an ordinary woman to beat up while his racist followers cheer along. that jsut makes jesse an asshole...and a coward.

the bottomline about affirmative action is that the only thing blacks "get" is opportunity. Once they get that opportunity they have to prove themselves. Affirmative action was a necessity because for many years there was a quota of zero when it comes to blacks. blacks were denied opportunity. affirmative action is not racism...affirmative action is the cure for racism. it removes the barriers against blacks getting into college, the police force, the fire dept, etc., by taking into consideration all the factors that are necessary to perform those jobs successfully. but getting the job is not the victory...keeping the job, graduating from the school, THAT's the victory. therefore affirmative action says nothing at all about the quality of person you are...all it says is that you,as a black person, finally got the opportunity others have always taken for granted.

So, whites oppose affirmative action, not really because they feel it produces an inferior product. they oppose it because they are AFRAID IT DOESN'T. once blacks prove they can be great policemen, firemen, graduate from harvard, etc, they start to compete on even terms with whites...it becomes a more level playing field...that threatens white people and encroaches on their white privilege, which by the way, is a realty. and that is why whites hate affirmative action and object to it. its about holding onto to white supremacy at all costs and continuing to deny opportunities to others while blaming those others for being lazy and lacking ingenuity as the reasons they haven't risen up.

They get an unearned opportunity. They get handicapped the same way a golfer gets handicapped. You only give handicaps to someone you think is inferior.

Blacks don't need AA and it hasn't helped them at all. Blacks are just as capable as anyone else.

The FIX to treating people different because of their race is NOT MORE treating people different because of their race.
No is out their twirling their mustache around keeping down black people....not anyone with any type of power or financial success because they are all busy doing shit.

I just interviewed and hired a black guy for a pretty high IT position. It was because he knew his shit and had a good personality. No handicaps needed.

HERE IS WHAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION REALLY DOES

^ from a black man who grew up poor in Harlem and succeeded on his own merits.

Back