Google assigning 10,000 employees to "police" youtube content

And Pro Wrestling, which is total boolsheet.

Funny thing is, when it first happened there were some left-wingers that clearly live in their own echo chamber that thought it was a "progressive purge", but it's always a very popular narrative on the right.

it goes hand in hand.

youtube doesnt have to allow ads on anything. especially if those companies dont want to be seen on certain topics.
But they cant survive with out the creators or the adds. We are talking about their monetization rules. Not them pulling videos. I already said they can set their monetization policy for their product, Adsense, to what ever they want. I simply stated that there was other options in other monetization programs that allow them to keep their videos on Youtube.

I think the monetization discussion is closed now to be honest.

The question is, are they enforcing their rules equally. Sure they dont have too, but it would benefit them if they were seen as impartial.

@Kframe

FUN FACT ABOUT ME:

I was CohhCarnage's main tank in Age of Conan guild before he was internet famous.

Funny thing is, when it first happened there were some left-wingers that clearly live in their own echo chamber that thought it was a "progressive purge", but it's always a very popular narrative on the right.
oh you've convinced me. . . it's just another right wing narrative/conspiracy

giphy.gif

oh you've convinced me. . . it's just another right wing narrative/conspiracy

giphy.gif

I wasn't even talking to you. It's obvious you don't rely on information to form your opinions.

I wasn't even talking to you. It's obvious you don't rely on information to form your opinions.
I already gave you a link showing examples of demonetization. You replied saying "you see what you want to see" and hand-waved them as irrelevant. Gave 1 link to gay videos which I don't attribute to "the left", we don't know for sure why they where demonetized. 1 Lefty, and 1 example of SJW's complaining of censorship.

I already gave you a link showing examples of demonetization. You replied saying "you see what you want to see" and hand-waved them as irrelevant. Gave 1 link to gay videos which I don't attribute to "the left", we don't know for sure why they where demonetized. 1 Lefty, and 1 example of SJW's complaining of censorship.

Actually there's another three examples there of relatively high profile left-wing political commentators getting demonetised, one of which was given by the echo chamber guy that thought it was a "progressive purge". Tim Black, David Packman and Jimmy Dore.
All your fellow persecuted right-wing whingers seem to disagree with you about homosexuality being a part of the "diversity" of the progressive agenda as well.
HuffPo had a similar whinge.

Actually there's another three examples there of relatively high profile left-wing political commentators getting demonetised, one of which was given by the echo chamber guy that thought it was a "progressive purge". Tim Black, David Packman and Jimmy Dore.
All your fellow persecuted right-wing whingers seem to disagree with you about homosexuality being a part of the "diversity" of the progressive agenda as well.
HuffPo had a similar whinge.

It's targeting conservatives because I feel it's targeting conservatives!!

Youtube is just going to eventually eat itself with these stupid policies I swear. Nobody will want to post interesting cool videos if they're always demonitized, which has been happening to alot of youtubers whether left or right leaning.

Eventually people will just stop posting videos and go elsewhere if they just keep getting demonitized. Youtube is only as good as the content posted anyway. Keep demonitizing good content the good content will eventually go away and your good will with the public will run out.

Honestly just seems like extreme censorship at this point.

I noticed they still have the hateful Cynthia G who calls non blacks devils and hates white women who date black men is up there monetizing her videos making a good living off youtube money, she preaches nothing but hate speech and division, so what are their standards for patroling, is it only targeted toward certain people or is it equality for all hate speech is hate speech? like black racists, asian racists, etc

https://www.yahoo.com/news/10-000-google-staff-set-police-youtube-content-010505474.html

10,000 employees of the company that fired someone for suggesting men and women might have different interests and career goals will now be in charge of judging what's extreme.

Here are some examples of their excellent, unbiased judgement so far. They've restricted several PragerU videos, while this is what they sponsor and push...

Wait untI’ll google employees are policing the streets.

>Look at this DISGUSTING PROPAGANDA they are SHOVING DOWN OUR THROATS, I mean parents teaching their kids about masturbation? FILTH. The bible CLEARLY states that masturbation is a SIN!

wew lad

So you promote teaching childen masturbation videos?

You a liberal as well

YouTube should be liberal with their videos. They should broadcast all kinds of videos of pedophilia

Internet censorship... We're all doomed!!!!

No more badmouthing fighters. No more bad mouthing politicians. Everyone's a GOAT.

I think your exaggerating, you can still do those things.
Just not post videos made for children that talk about anal sex, playing with doody.

all his other vids are demonetized also.....
guess which way he leans politically

I can literally name ten YT figures off the top of my head that are demonetized, all right leaning.

Surely that's just a coincidence, while Vox still gets mad ads every day. Sounds legit

The simple fact Vox exists proves your theory wrong
They demonetized David Pakman and Sam Seder as well. Liberals.

Relax.
It sucks because we live in a world in which there's no real viable alternative to YouTube, but if they overstep what enough people consider to be reasonable, then they'll just be making room for someone else to step in with their own, freer video hosting service.

Back