Google's Deepmind AI claims chess crown, Starcraft is next!

I read they're limiting the AI to human levels of APM, so it has to outthink you.
What is human level? 100 avg American casual apm? Or 150 avg American pro apm? OR 300 avg Korean casual apm? OR 500 avg korean pro apm? Huge difference.

What is human level? 100 avg American casual apm? Or 150 avg American pro apm? OR 300 avg Korean casual apm? OR 500 avg korean pro apm? Huge difference.

I assume they'll go with the pros, like 450 apm. If they do beat the pros even with that limitation, Skynet will be just around the corner.

I assume they'll go with the pros, like 450 apm. If they do beat the pros even with that limitation, Skynet will be just around the corner.

Listen, what AlphaGO accomplished last year is going to be some indication that it can beat any Starcraft player in the world. First consider this.

Go is a complex board game that requires intuition, creative and strategic thinking.[8][9] It has long been considered a difficult challenge in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) and is considerably more difficult[10] to solve than chess. Many in the field of artificial intelligence consider Go to require more elements that mimic human thought than chess.[11]

A.I. experts expected it to take another 20+ years for an A.I. to beat a worldclass player. It is an incredibly complex game, more so than Starcraft probably by order of magnitude. There are more moves on a GO board than there are atoms in the universe.

It has been estimated that the observable universe contains around 10 to the 80th atoms, far fewer than the number of possible legal positions in a game of GO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_and_mathematics

So what I'm saying is, people are not even ready for whats about to happen in this world.

Back