eastNYgoon138

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Height - 5'7"
Weight - 192(2/21/14)
Occupation - powerlifter & coach

Diet history:
Up until about 6 months ago I didn't pay any particular attention to diet. I've been strength training seriously for years and my main dietary goals were to eat as much protein and carbs as possible. I ballooned all the way up to 206-lbs at my heaviest. Around 6 months ago I began a ketogenic diet which helped me shed 20-lbs of fat. I held on to and actually built some new muscle and all of my lifts increased. So it was a very good experience. For 4 months I basically ate no carbs for 5.5 days and I would then overcompensate with gigantic carb binges for 1.5 days. The repeated the cycle. When I felt like my weight was tapering I began doing 3 day keto runs, and on the end of the 4th day I would give myself a 3 hour window and eat carbs like they were going out of style. This worked well too, I stayed lean and built more muscle. I very recently fell off the wagon and began using carb backloading principles, which made me a little softer. So I want to put a stop to these bad habits before it gets out of control again.

I've kicked around the idea of going 100% keto and to see if I could thrive without the carb refeed. I think it's time to give it a try. I've read it takes over 2 weeks to become "keto adapted". I want to at least try to achieve that state so I have issued a 30 day, no carb challenge to myself. I'll basically be eating ground beef, coconut oil and stir fry for 30 days. I am sort of sponsored by a local farm, so I receive a discount on their grassfed ground beef. I literally work one block away from this farm and visit the cows I will eventually eat all the time. They're happy cows so I don't feel too bad about eating over 15-lbs of them every week :icon_chee

I train 6 days a week using Texas Method broken down into upper/lower days. I don't do any conditioning. My current lifts are a 450 squat, 300 bench and 555 deadlift. I've totaled 1250 @ 181.

This is me at my leanest, a month or two ago. 185-187 lbs

Here I am a little softer, 192 lbs.

Today I ate...

- 3/4 lb ground beef, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, black coffee
- 3/4 lb ground beef, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/2 lb stir fry

This will basically be what I eat everyday. I may change it if I get sick of it, but that probably won't happen. If I do change it up it'l be something like 5 lbs of chicken thighs eaten throughout the day. I am also on the lookout for a good multivitamin and fiber supplement.

Last edited:
That's a fuck ton of meat, jesus man, but I can't argue with your results.

Eat some fuckin veggies man. Jeeze

Mirin lifts and strength-ratio though

Are you planning to monitor your blood glucose and ketone levels to see if you actually get into nutritional ketosis? I just ask because that amount of protein seems very, very high for a ketogenic diet.

This man excessively monitors everything.

EDIT: Except for this log, of course.

Last edited:
I won't get too into it but I had to put my dieting plans on hold because I was talked into doing a meet that was coming up too soon for me to make any drastic dietary changes. I have now pulled out of the meet. I'm also putting on some bad weight and need to put a stop to it. I'm also doing a lot of reading on keto dieting. A few books I've found to be very helpful are...

Deep Water by Jon Andersen

Neanderthin by Ray Audette

Keto-Adapted by Dr William Davis

Better Than Steroids by Dr Warren Willey

The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf

That's a fuck ton of meat, jesus man, but I can't argue with your results.

I love it man. Meat never gets old. I thrive on it.

Eat some fuckin veggies man. Jeeze

Mirin lifts and strength-ratio though

You're right. I will address the lack of vegetables. And thank you.

Are you planning to monitor your blood glucose and ketone levels to see if you actually get into nutritional ketosis? I just ask because that amount of protein seems very, very high for a ketogenic diet.

I've eating similar amounts of protein and had no problem getting into nutritional ketosis. Keep in mind how much of an effect the resistance training has on my body. The protein will not be converted to glucose.

This man excessively monitors everything.

EDIT: Except for this log, of course.

I do, and I'm on it. Log updates starting now.

Meal 1 - 1/2 lb beef, 3 whole eggs scrambled, 1/4 lb broccoli, sriracha, 1 tablesoon coconut oil in coffee

Meal 2 - 1/2 lb beef, 3 whole eggs scrambled, 1/4 lb broccoli, sriracha

Meal 3 - 1/2 lb beef, 1/2 avacado, 1/4 lb broccoli, tablespoon of fish oil, fiber supp(3 psyllium husk caps)

Meal 4 - 1/2 lb beef, 1/2 avacado, 1/4 lb broccoli, tablespoon of fish oil

This should put me at around 3,000 calories. Around 250 grams of protein, 185 grams of fat and less than 20 grams of carbs.

I bought some local homemade almond butter in case I had any weird energy/swings or craving but that didn't happen. I felt satiated and had A LOT of energy all day. In fact, after Lower Volume day I am usually wiped out and wanting to skip abs and neck. Today I had so much energy after squats and deads that I was looking forward to the accessory stuff and I had to talk myself out of doing more tire flipping. I seem to remember the same thing happening when I first started keto dieting months ago. Tons of crazy energy right off the bat. Mental clarity seems to be up towards the end of the day too.

Never had any problems staying regular with the keto dieting but I really want to do everything as well as I can this time around, hence the broccoli and fiber supp. I have to admit I was a bit lazy in the veggie department before.

My training from today http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f49/dont-open-til-doomsday-1141767/index206.html

Day 2

- BW 191 today. 195 yesterday.

- Same meals but with a little cauliflower this time. I also felt hungrier today so I had 1 tablespoon of almond butter between every meal. A little less energy and a little hungrier today but that could be due to the squatting and DL the day before.

Last edited:
Day 3

BW 191. Starting to feel a little lethargic today. Getting cravings for all things sweet so I had a few sugar free Mentos somethingoranothers throughout the day. Food was basically the same today.

Meal 1 - 1/2 lb beef, 3 whole eggs scrambled, sriracha, 1 tablesoon coconut oil in coffee, fiber supp

Meal 2 - 1/2 lb beef, 3 whole eggs scrambled, sriracha

Meal 3 - 1/2 lb beef, 1/2 avacado, 1/2 lb broccoli,

Meal 4 - 1/2 lb beef, 1/2 avacado, 1/2 lb broccoli, tablespoon of fish oil, fiber supp(3 psyllium husk caps)

Had a few tablespoons of almond butter and fish oil in there somewhere.

I bench pressed today and hit more PRs but I feel like I may be coming to the end of my "fat suit strength". A.K.A me relying on being pudgy-strong. Training felt a little flat. Wifey told me I seemed tired and uninterested in stuff all day.It's weird because I feel like my mood is VERY good, but I seem to be quick to snap. I guess you could describe it as manic. I FEEL wide eyed and smiling all day but as soon as something tiny goes wrong I could strangle someone lol Started yelling at the wife for something really silly and realized I was being unreasonable because of the dietary changes and had to apologize like 30 seconds later for being an idiot.

I finally have trace amounts of ketones in my urine. I think the first sign of that was sometime yesterday. This is what the keto sticks are telling me at least.

I've eating similar amounts of protein and had no problem getting into nutritional ketosis. Keep in mind how much of an effect the resistance training has on my body. The protein will not be converted to glucose.

I'm very curious about your fasted ketone and glucose measurements with that kind of training and that amount of protein, purely from a data perspective.

Back