GOP contender for Paul Ryan's House seat posts racist meme. Twitter bans him

I support ending birthright citizenship, because lots of nationalities are abusing it. It was never meant to allow Koreans, Chinese, Arabs, Indians etc..come here on visit visas and confer citizenship for their kids. The 14th amendment was designed to free the children of slaves.

These folks have no paid into the system, and neither have their kids, but when their kids apply for college, they get all the financial and placement perks that Americans kids get. It is just abuse and exploitation of America.

I do however oppose strict immigration laws and deportation for Amerindians here illegally. So in this sense I am certainly different from those on the right who are concerned about the browning of America. I have no problem with deporting illegals from other regions of the world, as long as they are not genuine refugees.

WTF?

If it was just about children of slaves it would have specified as much and have limited it to only those with a slaves as ancestors. Truth is, birthright citizenship is common among basically all nations that have a large immigrant past. Basically the Western hemisphere and Australia. For these nations to wipe out the native population (or greatly diminished them in the case of Latin America) and then bring limit citizenship to those that have a long history there is a bit too much gall.

As for the "haven't paid into the system" stuff, first, not sure if serious, but if you are, I hope you realize people don't attend college until they're 18 years old. So that's at least 18 years that applicants' parents have certainly "paid into the system." Hell, you're considered in-state if you pay into the system for ONE year.

It may not be "racist" to the Trumpian eye, but it's goddamned retarded no matter who you are.
Big difference between being racist and being an unfunny retard, IMO. But I guess we arent worried about diluting the meaning of racism

WTF?

If it was just about children of slaves it would have specified as much and have limited it to only those with a slaves as ancestors. Truth is, birthright citizenship is common among basically all nations that have a large immigrant past. Basically the Western hemisphere and Australia. For these nations to wipe out the native population (or greatly diminished them in the case of Latin America) and then bring limit citizenship to those that have a long history there is a bit too much gall.

As for the "haven't paid into the system" stuff, first, not sure if serious, but if you are, I hope you realize people don't attend college until they're 18 years old. So that's at least 18 years that applicants' parents have certainly "paid into the system." Hell, you're considered in-state if you pay into the system for ONE year.

The 14th amendment's birthright law was designed with children of slaves in mind.

The issue of citizenship was brought into focus by a Supreme Court ruling in 1857 that essentially declared that blacks — even the daughters and sons of freed slaves — were not U.S. citizen In 1868, the U.S. ratified the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In 1868, the U.S. ratified the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The first sentence reads: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

That language made it clear the Supreme Court's ruling in the Dred Scott case was overturned and that black Americans would enjoy U.S. citizenship.

As University of California, San Diego sociologist John Skrentny told NPR in 2010, the U.S. is an anomaly in the world when it comes to this issue.

Most of the rest of the world, for example, gives people citizenship based on a concept known as jus sanguinis, literally "by right of blood."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-you-should-know-about-birthright-citizenship

-

We should not be giving birthright citizenship to countries that do not practice it themselves and are essentially ethnostates. I am fine with limiting birthright citizenship to Amerindians but why the eff should we give it to Chinese, Arabs, Turks , Pakistanis, Indians, Koreans etc.. None of these groups are native to the Americas, and they never suffered like African Americans and Native Americans and they are all racist cultures. It is very wrong to have these nationalities -who hate Blacks- come here and benefit from a law that was designed to help out Blacks.

-
The Chinese,Koreans and other birth tourists who come here to give birth aren't paying into the system. They give birth then go back to China, Korea or wherever. When their kids reach 18, they can apply for US colleges and be afforded all the same financial and placement opportunities that Americans who have paid into the system enjoy.

Big difference between being racist and being an unfunny retard, IMO. But I guess we arent worried about diluting the meaning of racism
Why would he superimpose Cheddar Man's head onto Meghan Markle's head if not for Markle being Black.
Why would he then follow up the tweet by explaining that it was a joke about a non joking matter, the dispossession of White people.

The 14th amendment's birthright law was designed with children of slaves in mind.

The issue of citizenship was brought into focus by a Supreme Court ruling in 1857 that essentially declared that blacks — even the daughters and sons of freed slaves — were not U.S. citizen In 1868, the U.S. ratified the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In 1868, the U.S. ratified the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The first sentence reads: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

That language made it clear the Supreme Court's ruling in the Dred Scott case was overturned and that black Americans would enjoy U.S. citizenship.

As University of California, San Diego sociologist John Skrentny told NPR in 2010, the U.S. is an anomaly in the world when it comes to this issue.

Most of the rest of the world, for example, gives people citizenship based on a concept known as jus sanguinis, literally "by right of blood."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-you-should-know-about-birthright-citizenship

-

We should not be giving birthright citizenship to countries that do not practice it themselves and are essentially ethnostates. I am fine with limiting birthright citizenship to Amerindians but why the eff should we give it to Chinese, Arabs, Turks , Pakistanis, Indians, Koreans etc.. None of these groups are native to the Americas, and they never suffered like African Americans and Native Americans and they are all racist cultures. It is very wrong to have these nationalities -who hate Blacks- come here and benefit from a law that was designed to help out Blacks.

-
The Chinese,Koreans and other birth tourists who come here to give birth aren't paying into the system. They give birth then go back to China, Korea or wherever. When their kids reach 18, they can apply for US colleges and be afforded all the same financial and placement opportunities that Americans who have paid into the system enjoy.

Not sure it's accurate to call it an "anomaly" when it's basically an entire hemisphere and a billion people that abide by it. But that's getting into semantics.

Where I fully agree with the professor is where he makes the distinction between New World philosophy and those of the Old World.

The idea there is that the nation, the people are bonded together through ancestry," Skrentny said. "The other notion of nationhood is generally understood as a civic notion of nationhood. And this is the idea that folks are bonded together by where they are, by locality and by the ideas that they might share. And that's what we have in the United States. There are folks who say that, you know, to be an American is to embrace an idea."

It is, Skrentny added, a philosophy that works well for countries made up of immigrants, such as the U.S. and Canada.

And the idea of giving birthright citizenship to certain countries but not others is bizarre. Citizenship shouldn't be this redeeming prize you get if your ancestors suffered, it should be something you receive simply by being born in a certain place. You call those places ethnostates but then essentially propose that the US become one as well (with a few exceptions) by excluding those who aren't "native to the Americas."

And the vast majority of Chinese and Koreans born here are the children of immigrants. A few birth tourists here and there shouldn't be enough to change a law that's so steeped in the idea of what being American is about.

He could have just used the Darkie toothpaste mascot and it would have had the same effect

Not sure it's accurate to call it an "anomaly" when it's basically an entire hemisphere and a billion people that abide by it. But that's getting into semantics.

Where I fully agree with the professor is where he makes the distinction between New World philosophy and those of the Old World.

And the idea of giving birthright citizenship to certain countries but not others is bizarre. Citizenship shouldn't be this redeeming prize you get if your ancestors suffered, it should be something you receive simply by being born in a certain place. You call those places ethnostates but then essentially propose that the US become one as well (with a few exceptions) by excluding those who aren't "native to the Americas."

And the vast majority of Chinese and Koreans born here are the children of immigrants. A few birth tourists here and there shouldn't be enough to change a law that's so steeped in the idea of what being American is about.

Our immigration laws are different from country to country. It takes far far longer for a Filipino or Indian to emigrate to the US than a Swiss or Japanese person. Some nations' citizens are granted visas rather easily while others find it very difficult to get visas. All countries have different policies for different nations.

Citizenship shouldn't be given to someone just because they are born here, because millions of people the world over have to earn it the hard way, by waiting 5, 10, 20 years to get a green card to emigrate to the US. And once these folks get the Green Card, they then have to meet certain requirements, like having the financial means to support themselves here, not carrying any serious communicable diseases and not having committed any serious crimes. The birth tourists just jump the line and immediately get citizenship, without having to wait or meet any requirements. They are playing the system while millions of other people are doing it by the book. Birth tourists are just a bunch of grifters. And considering they will be raised back home in their ancestral homeland, it is very likely they will retain a tribal mindset that favors their motherland over the US, even after they come to live here.

I didn't say the US should exclude non-Natives, I said the US should exclude non Amerindians from birthright citizenship. So an Arab or Chinese can still emigrate to the US, and can still having children who are citizens , with citizenship passed down through the parents.

There have been tens of thousands of cases of birth tourists from China, Korea and other parts of the Old World, so it isn't a small thing.

Why would he superimpose Cheddar Man's head onto Meghan Markle's head if not for Markle being Black.
Why would he then follow up the tweet by explaining that it was a joke about a non joking matter, the dispossession of White people.

lol oh now it's all about racism .. wonder why you'd take that stance in THIS case .. he was just trying to be funny .. you know like shani davis putting 'blackhistorymonth' with black power fists after a white chick was chosen over him .. caught in your own hypocritical bullshit

lol oh now it's all about racism .. wonder why you'd take that stance in THIS case .. he was just trying to be funny .. you know like shani davis putting 'blackhistorymonth' with black power fists after a white chick was chosen over him .. caught in your own hypocritical bullshit
Trying to be funny with a racist joke. I guess to you a funny comment can't be racist, as if people never pass off racism via humor.

And what is this "hypocritical bullshit" you speak of? I didn't say anything supportive of Shani Davis.

Trying to be funny with a racist joke. I guess to you a funny comment can't be racist, as if people never pass off racism via humor.

And what is this "hypocritical bullshit" you speak of? I didn't say anything supportive of Shani Davis.

oh my bad .. it was vivarevolution

This is why I respect the few that straight up say their main concern is the ethnic and cultural makeup of the country. They're nervous about seeing so many brown, black and yellow faces and that's all there is to it.

Why respect people that think the ethnic and cultural makeup of their country is going to change?

These racists think their culture is so much better than everyone else. They actually think they're going to experience racism and think all these foreigners (especially the ones from countries they bombed) will treat them like dirt.

It's quite the opposite.

Our immigration laws are different from country to country. It takes far far longer for a Filipino or Indian to emigrate to the US than a Swiss or Japanese person. Some nations' citizens are granted visas rather easily while others find it very difficult to get visas. All countries have different policies for different nations.

Citizenship shouldn't be given to someone just because they are born here, because millions of people the world over have to earn it the hard way, by waiting 5, 10, 20 years to get a green card to emigrate to the US. And once these folks get the Green Card, they then have to meet certain requirements, like having the financial means to support themselves here, not carrying any serious communicable diseases and not having committed any serious crimes. The birth tourists just jump the line and immediately get citizenship, without having to wait or meet any requirements. They are playing the system while millions of other people are doing it by the book. Birth tourists are just a bunch of grifters. And considering they will be raised back home in their ancestral homeland, it is very likely they will retain a tribal mindset that favors their motherland over the US, even after they come to live here.

I didn't say the US should exclude non-Natives, I said the US should exclude non Amerindians from birthright citizenship. So an Arab or Chinese can still emigrate to the US, and can still having children who are citizens , with citizenship passed down through the parents.

There have been tens of thousands of cases of birth tourists from China, Korea and other parts of the Old World, so it isn't a small thing.

This concern of yours over birth tourists is very similar to the hysterics that go on and on about welfare cheats. "OMG, they're gaming the system! Bring everything down!" Yeah, any law is going to have people who try to go around it, so what?

Except in the case of birth tourism, the detriments are far hazier than with welfare. Is there evidence that this "mindset that favors their motherland over the US" exists and that it's harmful to the US? Just from intuition it seems like these things would work out fine.

A Chinese or Arab mother that can apply for and receive a visa to the US, time it so that they get here in the final months of labor, buy the ticket (a couple of tickets at least) to fly halfway around the world, stay in the US for several months while they give birth and then recover, is probably upper-middle or upper class in their country.

When these kids turn 18 they'll be able to apply to US colleges and pay out-of-state tuition instead of foreign tuition. Of course, they'll have to be proficient in English in order to apply. After studying here, they may or may not go back to their country. Anyone that's been to college knows the huge amounts of Asian grad students that stay.

So basically you'll have well-off, English-speaking kids who for 18 years haven't paid in to the state- but who also haven't burdened it- arriving to the US and going to college or grad school, many of whom will stay. Basically an influx of upper-class, educated, young adults. Wow, sounds like a nightmare.

What barbaric beliefs?
I am opposed this liberal attempt at using Cheddar Man to say it is ok for the Western world to have open borders, because no one says the same thing about China or Israel or Pakistan or Saudi or Korea or Turkey. I am also opposed to it because that would mean Native Americans can not claim to be native, since everyone is an 'immigrant' from somewhere.

Western people are stupid. You guys keep saying "it 2018" with your fake science social shit. But rest of world if fast reproducing and not believe your crap.

Back