Gordon Ryan says that Luke Rockhold would "dominate most ADCC champions with ease"

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
153960290017620387.jpg 153960290017620388.jpg 153960290017620389.jpg

Anyone who is familiar with the BJJ scene knows how bold of a statement this is. Gordon Ryan (best no-gi BJJ guy in the world who submitted Josh Barnett in 90 seconds) says that Luke would easily wreck the best Super Heavyweight in the world (Marcus Buchecha) and legends like Galvao under straight BJJ rules.

I always thought Luke had the best BJJ in MMA and now it's been confirmed. Keep in mind that there is no bias here, as Gordon trains with Weidman all the time, who is Luke's next opponent.

If the fight hits the mat with Chris again, I fully expect Luke to utterly dominate him again. It's just his chin that concerns me, but Weidman doesn't have the best boxing so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

His top game is one of the best for sure
What he was able to do to Weidman with only 1 minute after landing on back control was scary

Not surprised

Luke is among the best pure mat grapplers in the UFC and he’s a monster on top. It’s always been a shame to me that he relies so heavily on leaning back and throwing check hooks.

Every time he’s on top he’s either mauling or tapping someone

gordon5-1.jpg

Looking forward to this fight.

Gordon Ryan is a monster. Would like to see him slap around Danis.

Luke is an incredible grappler. Best top control in the UFC, when he gets on top he either finishes the fight within the round or delivers so much damage the fight ends in the next round.

Looking forward to this fight.

Gordon Ryan is a monster. Would like to see him slap around Danis.
He's already beaten Danis. I believe it was at the opening round of last year's ADCCs
Good grief. I have to wonder if he is on the juice. He is so much bigger than when I last saw him at EBI.
He's definitely on it, but so are 90% of the top BJJ guys nowadays

Rockhold has deadly top game the issue is his taledowns and stand up defense. Opponent like Yoel is pure poison to him as is anyone with good tdd who can get inside Rockholds kicks and land some punches.

Weidman is not explosive so i feel this will look similar to their first match. It will be close but if weidman fucks up and rockhold gets on top its game over

If the fight hits the mat with Chris again, I fully expect Luke to utterly dominate him again. It's just his chin that concerns me, but Weidman doesn't have the best boxing so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

Regarding his chin, it only looked suspect against Bisping, who is not a power puncher. He took some good shots from Romero before getting KTFO. And Romero can KO mostly anybody. Same for TRT Vitor. Yes, he doesn't have a Condit or Roy chin, but his chin is not his biggest problem. Takedowns and boxing defense, most likely.

Well we kinda knew Luke's BJJ game is high level and that he is very scary while on top with his big and powerful GnP.

Good grief. I have to wonder if he is on the juice. He is so much bigger than when I last saw him at EBI.
I saw on post about him un the grappling sub and he went from like a 160 soy boy to 200+ shredded in just a couple of years. It's very obvious he's on the juice

He's already beaten Danis. I believe it was at the opening round of last year's ADCCs

He's definitely on it, but so are 90% of the top BJJ guys nowadays

That was a close match. Many people saw Danis had a case of winning.

Luke is getting rich from BJJ and modeling.

He's the new Conor.

Buchecha also said Rockholds Jiu-Jitsu game was high level not just for MMA but for top Jui-Jitsu competitions as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back