Gordon Ryan Transitioning to Gi

I assumed he would cut to medium-heavy or possibly do heavy.

He would be just make life harder for himself. He would face tougher opponents (with the exception of Buchecha the ultra heavyweight guys tend to loose to the medium-heavy/heavy guys in the absolutes) while having less muscle.

I usually avoid these debates, but if you see Ryan and scream "steroids," you may need to lift more. It's entirely possible to have that much mass and be natty. I don't know what he looked like last year or the year before, but unless you tell me he was a 135lb weakling, there's nothing that screams steroids to me.

He's a full time professional athlete dedicated 100% to improving his game. That means he's training harder than 99.9999% of us. If he's strength training intelligently, then he's going to have gains that you and I would have a hard time replicating (but are still doable without PEDs). Just cause you don't have his musculature doesn't mean his isn't natural.

(BTW, the best compliment you can pay a natty lifter is accuse him of being on PEDs)

In the big tourneys I think they do. I believe they test all the BB medalists at worlds at the very least.

You guys likely know this, but you need out-of-competition testing. It's too easy for someone to just cycle off for Worlds if that's the only time they are going to be tested

I usually avoid these debates, but if you see Ryan and scream "steroids," you may need to lift more. It's entirely possible to have that much mass and be natty. I don't know what he looked like last year or the year before, but unless you tell me he was a 135lb weakling, there's nothing that screams steroids to me.

He's a full time professional athlete dedicated 100% to improving his game. That means he's training harder than 99.9999% of us. If he's strength training intelligently, then he's going to have gains that you and I would have a hard time replicating (but are still doable without PEDs). Just cause you don't have his musculature doesn't mean his isn't natural.

(BTW, the best compliment you can pay a natty lifter is accuse him of being on PEDs)
Ppl say roids more because of the speed at which it took place. Btw i dont think he's gonna do too well in the gi. I doubt he'll stick with it.

Yeah, but no.

He’s a full time grappler, not a Full time bodybuilder ir fitness model... can you look like that all natty? Yes. While being a full time grappler? It takes a lot of genetics, but yes. Can you do what he d in one year without roids? Nop.

I've been a hater of Gordon Ryan(and really all of the sub only guys), but if he makes a successful transition to high level Gi competition than I'll stop.

He will need at least a year or even two to be able to be as strong as he is in no gi.

FWIW I trained with him around the time he did the welterweight EBI last time. He looked maybe low to mid 180s and this was about a year ago? I have a bodybuilder friend that does testosterone and also and also sells it, and other PEDs. I showed him pics of Gordon after ADCC and asked what he thought and he asked me his age. I said early 20's and he said honestly it was hard for him to call it, but that he wouldn't be surprised if he did or didn't juice.

He will need at least a year or even two to be able to be as strong as he is in no gi.
Even if he trained in the gi coming up? He always trained in both until brown belt I think. It wasn't until like late 2015 or early 2016 (I think) that he moved to strict no-gi only training.

So it's not like he's starting from scratch, right?

You guys likely know this, but you need out-of-competition testing. It's too easy for someone to just cycle off for Worlds if that's the only time they are going to be tested

A friend of mine in SoCal at a high level comp school said the top guys think the IBJJF test is super easy to beat and that you fucked up a cycle pretty badly if you fail the test. Because you know the exact date and time of the test like you said.

I've been a hater of Gordon Ryan(and really all of the sub only guys), but if he makes a successful transition to high level Gi competition than I'll stop.

Gold & Silver at ADCC didn't make you stop hating?

Gold & Silver at ADCC didn't make you stop hating?
2u71vuo.jpg

As long as Ryan behaves like a buffoon and obviously roids I won't quit hating even if he wins the next 10 Mundials.

As long as Ryan behaves like a buffoon and obviously roids I won't quit hating even if he wins the next 10 Mundials.

Do you hate rodolfo Andre and other balantly Riod users? Watching adcc is like watching a fitness competition...

Back