Gordon Ryan Transitioning to Gi

Watching adcc is like watching a fitness competition...

It sadly is and the reason why I lost interest in watching grappling tournaments at elite level. Its a 100% roid show nowadays and more or less required.
Brazil (other countries also but this is bjjs origin) has no conscience at all for it and they use it like chocolate. Students now it, everyone knows it who is part of it. Roids are more rampant in BJJ nowadays then any other martial art.

I still really like to watch amateur events but even there its rampant. Sadly these guys are huge idols and people want to train like they do.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical that he's ever going to compete in the gi. He went from competing all the time to doing nothing. He rolls for money. But I don't think there's EBI money in the Gi world so I can see him quit gi training to go back to no gi super fights.

I'm skeptical that he's ever going to compete in the gi. He went from competing all the time to doing nothing. He rolls for money. But I don't think there's EBI money in the Gi world so I can see him quit gi training to go back to no gi super fights.
To be fair he keeps getting staph

Back