Gordon Ryan wants to TKO Kevin Casey in CJJ

Kevin is legit, how the hell do people call not legit a guy his a B.B. under Rickson has been in some pretty good grappling matches and done Mma to some successful degree... I believe he even fought in the UFC...

Seems like Kevin backs pussy out of the cjj match, but Gordon pussy out of a fight

Kevin is legit, how the hell do people call not legit a guy his a B.B. under Rickson has been in some pretty good grappling matches and done Mma to some successful degree... I believe he even fought in the UFC...

no one is saying he is not a "legit black belt", it's just that no one in the mm or bjj world cares about him

Years ago he did give himself a black belt, but apparently he made up with Rickson and is a legit black belt now. I think the reason so many people are against him is because he's been doing clownish things in the bjj world for a while now. To be honest the things he's done are much worse than Gordan Ryan.

Years ago he did give himself a black belt, but apparently he made up with Rickson and is a legit black belt now. I think the reason so many people are against him is because he's been doing clownish things in the bjj world for a while now. To be honest the things he's done are much worse than Gordan Ryan.

Like having Spencer Pratt in his posse.

How the hell can people look up to a juiced up moron like Gordon???

Casey seems like a pretty opinionated guy about non traditional jiu jitsu, but is just SO unaware about everything he is surrounded by, he comes off like an idiot. After Keenan tapped him, he made some barbed comments which Keenan took in stride and responded to very humorously and respectfully. Gordon seems both amused and caught off guard by Casey, as he should be.

Also FWIW I think Spencer Pratt is entertaining on Instagram, and given the time he spends training with Edwin Najmi would probably tap a lot of people shit talking him and the character he plays.

How the hell can people look up to a juiced up moron like Gordon???

Gordon won the ADCC and has a hot girlfriend. I would be pretty stoked if I manged any of those.

Last edited:
on his lil instagram thing the other day he said casey backed out but an ADCC champ wants to take his place, anybody know who?

Another example of Gordan talking shit but refusing to compete unless the rules are 100% in his favor. DJ Jackson has been challenging him for months noting that he has beaten many of his teammates under multiple rulesets. He ducks him by refusing to compete against him unless it is EBI rules or Sub only No time limit. Now he talks shit about Kevin Casey saying he will TKO him in a slap boxing fight. Casey then challenges him to MMA which again,Gordan refuses. GTFOH....

Another example of Gordan talking shit but refusing to compete unless the rules are 100% in his favor. DJ Jackson has been challenging him for months noting that he has beaten many of his teammates under multiple rulesets. He ducks him by refusing to compete against him unless it is EBI rules or Sub only No time limit. Now he talks shit about Kevin Casey saying he will TKO him in a slap boxing fight. Casey then challenges him to MMA which again,Gordan refuses. GTFOH....

Dj is the definition of a grappler no one wants to watch, he does not get much attention because he’s boring as fuck to watch, simple. The day dj wins a an ascc title he will be consider on the same league as Gordon, right now, he’s not

Dj is the definition of a grappler no one wants to watch, he does not get much attention because he’s boring as fuck to watch, simple. The day dj wins a an ascc title he will be consider on the same league as Gordon, right now, he’s not

DJ is not boring to watch to hard core BJJ enthusiasts who appreciate aspects of grappling other than submissions.DJ is exceptional at takedowns and guard passing. Do you think Murillo Santana is boring as well? Personally I get bored watching hour long submission only matches like the hour long Keenan vs Gordan match.
Winning ADCC was a huge accomplishment and Gordon surprised the hell out of me with his performance that day. That said, you can't say DJ isn't on the same level because of that one day when you compare their bodies of work and opponents,DJ is far more accomplished. DJ has won Worlds in Gi from Purple to Brown. Gordan has yet to medal at Worlds at any belt. DJ has also won No GI Worlds at every Belt including Black Belt. Gordan has failed to win No Gi Worlds at any belt.Yes Gordan has won some EBIs but DJ has won Copa Podio(to date the first American to do so). Understand that these submission only/EBI competitions lack the same level of talent as ADCC,IBJJF, and Copa Podio. Just this past weekend I saw a 10th Planet guy that was called elite for years lose 29-0 in his first match.

Last edited:
Also FWIW I think Spencer Pratt is entertaining on Instagram, and given the time he spends training with Edwin Najmi would probably tap a lot of people shit talking him and the character he plays.

I heard he’s pretty good. He trains under Paragon - Franjinha (the guy who gave me black belt).

He did Master/Senior World’s last year, and I think he did okay. I think he won two matches? I didn’t get to meet him or see his matches, because he was a purple belt and I flew in a day or two after his matches.

Last edited:
DJ is not boring to watch to hard core BJJ enthusiasts who appreciate aspects of grappling other than submissions.DJ is exceptional at takedowns and guard passing. Do you think Murillo Santana is boring as well? Personally I get bored watching hour long submission only matches like the hour long Keenan vs Gordan match.
Winning ADCC was a huge accomplishment and Gordon surprised the hell out of me with his performance that day. That said, you can't say DJ isn't on the same level because of that one day when you compare their bodies of work and opponents,DJ is far more accomplished. DJ has won Worlds in Gi from Purple to Brown. Gordan has yet to medal at Worlds at any belt. DJ has also won No GI Worlds at every Belt including Black Belt. Gordan has failed to win No Gi Worlds at any belt.Yes Gordan has won some EBIs but DJ has won Copa Podio(to date the first American to do so). Understand that these submission only/EBI competitions lack the same level of talent as ADCC,IBJJF, and Copa Podio. Just this past weekend I saw a 10th Planet guy that was called elite for years lose 29-0 in his first match.

Gordon doesn’t even compete in the gi, no gi, dj is not on Gordon’s level, you get there when you win adcc, Gordon is part of the elite.

Dj is boring as hell, plain and simple, why do you think people doesn’t like to watch him compete? How did he do the last time he went vs a wrestler of his caliber? Remember him vs Rustam?

There are lots of guys who based their game on passing and playing guard and are no sub machines, like lo for example, but why isn’t Leandro seen as a bored grappler and dj is... and please don’t bring some racial crap involve into this...

Gordon doesn’t even compete in the gi, no gi, dj is not on Gordon’s level, you get there when you win adcc, Gordon is part of the elite.

Dj is boring as hell, plain and simple, why do you think people doesn’t like to watch him compete? How did he do the last time he went vs a wrestler of his caliber? Remember him vs Rustam?

There are lots of guys who based their game on passing and playing guard and are no sub machines, like lo for example, but why isn’t Leandro seen as a bored grappler and dj is... and please don’t bring some racial crap involve into this...

What ever happened to the sexual assault allegation against dj? Is there still a warrant out for his arrest?

The Eddie Bravo Invitational is going to be heading to Sin City on May 5, and a huge match is going to be coming with it. Mixed martial artist and third-degree BJJ black belt Vinny Magalhães and Danaher Death Squad member Gordon Ryan are going to be locking horns in a Combat jiu-jitsu super fight.

Eddie announced the news just an hour before the time of this writing on The Joe Rogan Experience.

“We don’t normally do superfights in EBI because I take all the purse money that we have available in our budget and we put it towards the winner take all in the tournament,” Bravo told Rogan. “We don’t have extra money for additional superfights, but this one, we had to figure out a way to make it happen.”

Needless to say, Rogan was thrilled about the upcoming fight.

Gordon has talked about going into mixed martial arts, and combat jiu-jitsu may be the perfect segue into it.

Check out Eddie Bravo’s interview with Joe Rogan below:

Last edited:
Back