Got clean from drugs and alcohol. Now I'm gaining weight

tmnpothead

Teenage Mutant Ninja Pothead
@Brown
Reaction score
Alright guys I have been clean from drugs and alcohol for about 8 months now. I checked myself into a 6 month program and beat one demon in my life. Unfortunately now I've packed on around 30 pounds, and I wasn't a small guy to begin with I'm at about 220 pounds now. For the past 6 months though I haven't been able to eat anything except what the rehab has supplied for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I've been consuming a lot carbs and sweets.

I'm still staying at the rehab but now I'm able to work and have my own schedule so I'm starting a gym schedule. I'm in pretty awful shape before I got sober I did absolutely no physical activity and was consuming a 5th of whiskey a day. I'm wanting to lose around 40-50 pounds over all and I'm trying to just figure out what exercises are going to be best for someone just starting out. Should I just jump into everything or take it slow at first?

I'm poor as fuck at the moment too because I haven't been able to work for years now because of this addiction so looking for a good cheap diet. I appreciate any help guys. Thanks

Alright guys I have been clean from drugs and alcohol for about 8 months now. I checked myself into a 6 month program and beat one demon in my life. Unfortunately now I've packed on around 30 pounds, and I wasn't a small guy to begin with I'm at about 220 pounds now. For the past 6 months though I haven't been able to eat anything except what the rehab has supplied for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I've been consuming a lot carbs and sweets.

I'm still staying at the rehab but now I'm able to work and have my own schedule so I'm starting a gym schedule. I'm in pretty awful shape before I got sober I did absolutely no physical activity and was consuming a 5th of whiskey a day. I'm wanting to lose around 40-50 pounds over all and I'm trying to just figure out what exercises are going to be best for someone just starting out. Should I just jump into everything or take it slow at first?

I'm poor as fuck at the moment too because I haven't been able to work for years now because of this addiction so looking for a good cheap diet. I appreciate any help guys. Thanks
Find out your maintenance calories, go 500 calories under, and you'll lose weight, the more active you the higher your metabolism is, meaning you get to eat more.

Its okb better to eat clean, but if you can't afford it, work with what you have

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry too much about diet at this point. Just use common sense and don't eat a bunch of junk food. My main concern would be a routine of exercise. I would assume you've been doing that a lot in rehab? Also, it's not uncommon to eat like shit after kicking an addiction - especially the sweets. I'd just try to reduce sweets and the junk food snacks while exercising as much as possible.

Look up "body weight exercises" on google. Pushups, crunches, dips and jogging are free.

...you might want to invest in decent running shoes though.

Yap, i agree with Oblivian. Don't stuff tons of sweets in your stomach and focus on daily routines. Your brain needs time to adjust and if you can't cook yourself in rehab eating good will be difficult anyhows.

Look up "body weight exercises" on google. Pushups, crunches, dips and jogging are free.

...you might want to invest in decent running shoes though.

Depending state of shape you could try walking, swimming, cycling, too.

I'm just at the part of the program where I can buy my own food and whatnot. Stocking up on tuna and some natural peanut butter next week. Wish me luck Sherbros

I'm just at the part of the program where I can buy my own food and whatnot. Stocking up on tuna and some natural peanut butter next week. Wish me luck Sherbros

You might want to avoid the peanut butter if your trying to shed weight, it would be a great cheap way to bulk but your not looking for that.......

You can buy weight pills online and all sort of drugs like that

Start training boxing. Run fast then slow 10 minutes then hit a bag 5 rounds 5 minutes every Monday Wednesday and Friday and you will start losing weight. I am doing that since March 2016 and I stop drinking 2015

Beans, rice, quinoa, broccoli, leafy greens. Dirt cheap. Very healthy. Good luck man

Congratulations on getting clean.

Chicken & spinach are cheap in bulk and you can do a LOT with them. Cheddar is cheap in bulk too. Throw in whatever fruit is on special for cheap, and you're set. Maybe peanut butter for some fats. That's it.

Back