GoT Season 7 Episode 4 Question

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I meant to post this in the S7E4 thread, but I don't have sufficient privileges.

This may have been asked and answered already, so sorry.

How come Dany burned all of the food the Lanisters stole from the Tyrells?

The scene made a point of showing her burn all the wagons with the provisions.

Why would she do this if she knew she had an army to feed?

Mods can merge this query into the thread I can't post in, if they want to.

Highgarden, aside from their wealth, is known for their bountiful harvest. taking out the provisions for Team Cersei would mean her armies & people will suffer - after all, Winter is coming.

Highgarden, aside from their wealth, is known for their bountiful harvest. taking out the provisions for Team Cersei would mean her armies & people will suffer - after all, Winter is coming.
Winter has been coming for two years.

Isn't her own army going to suffer? She has a horde of Dothraki unused to cold weather and no supplies.

Winter has been coming for two years.

Pretty sure it's here.

GoT%2B-%2BZombie%2BDragonfire%2B-%2B02.gif

Bad writing.

In the books though Danny isn't as perfect as they make her in the show, so her burning crucial supplies out of emotion would be expected.

But book Danny and show Danny are different people so I doubt they where trying to bridge the two and would say it was just bad writing.

Isn't her own army going to suffer? She has a horde of Dothraki unused to cold weather and no supplies.

that's a good question. maybe it was a power move (effective because Jamie was scared shitless) & she wanted to demonstrate her might but I'm sure there had to be carts/wagons that remained unscathed.

It's definitely just bad writing. There was no reason that she couldn't have given the food to her own army.

Since when does Dany give a shit about anyone other than herself and dragons?

Last couple seasons had its fair share of bad writing. Still my favorite show tho and I'm sad its coming to an end.

Jamie was scared shitless

Was he? I thought he stone cold through the whole thing.

Stayed with his men, rallied them, charged the goddam dragon.

He respected the power of dragons, absolutely, he isn't an idiot, but I don't think he was scared for a second.

It's bad writing, but compared to the rest of the season full of nothing but plot devices and filler, it's not even a footnote.

He respected the power of dragons, absolutely, he isn't an idiot, but I don't think he was scared for a second.

yeah, poor choice of wording on my part. I guess I felt/feel that way because he's always alpha/smug/gung-ho etc. this was new to see him recognize a more powerful force.

yeah, poor choice of wording on my part. I guess I felt/feel that way because he's always alpha/smug/gung-ho etc. this was new to see him recognize a more powerful force.

I was as impressed as hell.

In the presence of an overwhelming force, there was no chance he was leaving his men.

A dragon burns everyone to hell, he sees a chance to end it and charges the damned dragon.

My least favorite season by a large margin, but it had some epic moments.

It's a shame about the scenes where he was ineffective and cucked by Euron.

In the presence of an overwhelming force, there was no chance he was leaving his men.

A dragon burns everyone to hell, he sees a chance to end it and charges the damned dragon.

for sure, I guess I'm mixing both book Jamie (who is far more smug, because his chapters are his inner thoughts) & TV Jamie. to see him speak of the Dothraki & dragons like that was out of character of him, which stands out a lot to me.

He was cuckolded by Rob constantly, he's used to it.

for sure, I guess I'm mixing both book Jamie (who is far more smug, because his chapters are his inner thoughts) & TV Jamie. to see him speak of the Dothraki & dragons like that was out of character of him, which stands out a lot to me.

I loved it.

I loved how real he was. He's incredibly confident and will do whatever it takes to win, but he's pretty intelligent, and DRAGONS BAD.

It's bad writing, but compared to the rest of the season full of nothing but plot devices and filler, it's not even a footnote.
I think the season started well and ended lame.

seeing missandei nude was nice,incredible pair of buttcheeks.

I pretty much agree with this. I'd say Jaime was filled with fear, same as anyone, but he wasn't scared homey. That's the distinction between the guy who charges the battlefield, & the one who curls up in the foxhole.

I mean we're talking about the guy who willingly jumped into a bear pit with one hand. That is arguably the single bravest act in the history of the show.

Back