Got Shafted By Protech Mouthguards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that you would end up spending more money trying to get a lawsuit against them than what it's worth.

Indeed. Now individuals could probably sue him in their local small claims court and win but they are unlikely to receive their money back. You can file fraud claims with the post office and other authorities. If they receive enough they may go after him. You could also inform the police department where Protech conducts business and see if they'll pursue further action. But in the end chances of getting a refund are slim, so you'll likely just be wasting your time.

also, in addition to being cost prohibitive, I don't think you do class action in situations like these. I think you can only do class action when there are damages (ie injuries from products) or fraud through business practices (ie misrepresenting advertising, etc.) Also, not sure if there has to be a minimum number of victims to qualify for class action or not.

F*** this guy he better hope i never cross paths with him in Cali. Hes ripped off a LOT OF PEOPLE a lot of FIGHTERS!!

I lost my money didnt even get a mold so i could hope the finished product would come he str8 just took my freakn money. I hope you read this BITCH!!!!

I am just going to close this if people cant be civil, I know you are all upset but does swearing really change anything apart from breaking the rules?

~Foz

Therapy. Dep down inside I still have a tiny speckle of hope.

Therapy. Dep down inside I still have a tiny speckle of hope.

Yeah right bro, that ain't gonna happen. Tom is reading all of this but is not man enough to come out and admit his wrong doing.

Honestly. He belongs in jail. He committed fraud and should be locked up. People should look in to filing charges.

is there going to be any constructive stuff in this thread or am I just going to lock it and have the whiny people have nowhere to complain? seriously.

we get it

you got ripped off.

it happens all the time.

'it will never be me'

yeah, right. okay and we get it, you want to help others from getting ripped off by Tom, but guess what his site isn't even up is it?

so all you are all doing is complaining for the sake of it.

and it's getting old

and it is 4am and I need sleep

so shhhh

~Foz

is there going to be any constructive stuff in this thread or am I just going to lock it and have the whiny people have nowhere to complain? seriously.

we get it

you got ripped off.

it happens all the time.

'it will never be me'

yeah, right. okay and we get it, you want to help others from getting ripped off by Tom, but guess what his site isn't even up is it?

so all you are all doing is complaining for the sake of it.

and it's getting old

and it is 4am and I need sleep

so shhhh

~Foz

There is a rule about complaining about be ripped off for hard earned money? I think we are all kinda hoping that someone will see this and be able to help in one way or another. Or even that Tom will come out and give an explanation. I am sure that you would feel differently if you were the one getting ripped off by Protech.

Since I refuse to loose $140 I just email his local PD. Probably nothing will come of it but it makes me feel better.

There is a rule about complaining about be ripped off for hard earned money? I think we are all kinda hoping that someone will see this and be able to help in one way or another. Or even that Tom will come out and give an explanation. I am sure that you would feel differently if you were the one getting ripped off by Protech.

no, but there is a rule against profanity and i it continues to slide towards people just coming in here to say 'F__K Tom and Protech' I will close the thread.

~Foz

The sad thing is, how many people have showed up here to complain. These are just some of the Sherdoggers, imagine all the customers outside Sherdog that got ripped off too.

The sad thing is, how many people have showed up here to complain. These a just some of the Sherdoggers, imagine all the customers that got ripped off too.

It is interesting that Tom had varying prices for all. This is also a message board and individuals have the right to complain. Everyone isn't using profanity. I wonder if the moderator has a little more knowledge about Tom than he is letting on. He seems to be protecting Tom like a mother hen.

^^^^ I can damn near guarentee thats NOT what is going on here. Tom through his time here made lots of friends and seems to be lots of enimies. I for one dont think I should have to have a diffrent opinion about Tom because of this whole thing. Obviously this is really messed up and I feel bad for everyone that has lost money and alot of time, and especially missed out on the best mouthguard that you could have asked for, but that being said, who knows whats going on with Tom? He could be dead, sick, dieing, whatever, and with that being said, if any of that is going on, Mouthguards or a 100.00 loss are not that big of a deal.

^^^^ I can damn near guarentee thats NOT what is going on here. Tom through his time here made lots of friends and seems to be lots of enimies. I for one dont think I should have to have a diffrent opinion about Tom because of this whole thing.

There's alot of frustration wondering how a good guy like Tom, who produced such an awesome product failed. He (or anyone contected to Protech) as had ample time and countless opportunities to come here and explain the situation. This hasn't happend and it's the 'Not-knowning' that has made this situation even worst.

No one's asking you (or at least, I'm not) to hate Tom, but those loyal to him can't explain his bad behavior either and people change, sometime for the worst.

Obviously this is really messed up and I feel bad for everyone that has lost money and alot of time, and especially missed out on the best mouthguard that you could have asked for, but that being said, who knows whats going on with Tom? He could be dead, sick, dieing, whatever, and with that being said, if any of that is going on, Mouthguards or a 100.00 loss are not that big of a deal.

Sincerely dude, thanks for feeling bad for us. During the life of this thread there were those that turned it into 'Haves versus Have nots' which fanned the flames. As you mentioned, it's most frustrating "having missed out on the best mouthguard that you could have ask for".

^^^^ Its not like I or anyone else at some point in time hasnt taking a loss in ordering or some other venture where money changes hands (those who havent are very lucky) but im just saying, people shouldnt be crucifying a guy, when no one has any idiea what is going on or what happened to him, his family, his company, whatever. This thread in understandable, but has gotten out of hand IMO with personal attacks on Tom, Foz, and god knows who else, and for what? Nothing has happened, and if I had to guess, nothing will result from any of it, thats all im saying "dude".

^^^^ Its not like I or anyone else at some point in time hasnt taking a loss in ordering or some other venture where money changes hands (those who havent are very lucky) but im just saying, people shouldnt be crucifying a guy, when no one has any idiea what is going on or what happened to him, his family, his company, whatever. This thread in understandable, but has gotten out of hand IMO with personal attacks on Tom, Foz, and god knows who else, and for what? Nothing has happened, and if I had to guess, nothing will result from any of it, thats all im saying "dude".

Not having any info on why so many people lost money is bound to be more frustrating for some than others, resulting in personal attacks. So they show up here and lash out. Yeah, we've all been ripped off before, and it's still NOT enjoyable when it happens. Especially from someone you thought you could trust. Tom got a lot of (well deserved) positive hype on this board for producing a great product. Somewhere along the line, that changed for the worst. It changed to stealing. Who's most responsible for that? If Tom is condemned as much as he was praised here, he's still breaking even. As I said before, what's really sad is how MANY people have showed up here to 'crucify' Tom. Unlike you, we can't vouch for the quality of a Protech guard or the good nature of Toms character because we paid for guards we didn't get. Just for the record, most people lost more than $100 bucks. Maybe that's not a lot of money to you, but it's a steep price to pay for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back