Gouti was robbed

Gouti was small and had terrible fight IQ, but still hurt Sage several times. Then he just grabbed him and waited for long periods of time and never adjusted at all.
UFC did a good job choosing opponent for Sage.

Northcutt gets top control, doesn't do damage but gets rocked twice : wins the round.

Gouti gets the ground control, several take downs, nobody gets hurt : loses the round.

Texas AC is legit as corrupt as any other on the planet. I'm still amazed they didn't gift Peterson a decision win too.

"robbed"
Taking something by force, or threat of force.

Well, then I guess it is true lol.

Yea I also thought that Gouti won that one pretty clearly.

But spamming weak ass takedowns

They can't really be "weak ass" if they were actually successful. Sage shows a shockingly poor TD defense ...

I don't think this fight is a true "robbery". I think it was a lot closer than many would like to admit, but I'm sorry, Gouti won this fight. Fight metric is a pretty bad way to judge. I feel like their definition of "significant" needs to be adjusted. Sage absolutely threw more, but volume alone doesn't win a fight in my book and Gouti seemed to damage Sage every time he landed.

Then there's the takedowns. Look, I get it - he couldn't do much once he got Sage down. This fact does not negate the fact that he still GOT SAGE DOWN. Lack of submission or GnP does not suddenly make the original TD meaningless. Sage seemed incapable of stopping those TDs. Sage very arguably lost a fight to an unranked opponent and didn't look very good in doing it. He showed he looked stiff, hittable, and had no TD defense. I fear for his future.

Gouti on the other hand could likely have ended this fight a few different times, and chose to go to the ground instead. He gifted Sage this fight via poor fight IQ ...

EDIT:
And if we're now going to say that takedowns and lay and pray (while very boring to watch) does not count towards winning the fight, let me know so I can be there when GSP turns in all his wins ...

Meh I consider any wrong decision a robbery. Judges are there to get it right. Anyways who cares they both didn't impress. I thought Gouti edged it with Damage and Control but would have been fine with a draw. Whatever.

I thought Gouti edged it with Damage and Control but would have been fine with a draw. Whatever.

That's kind of where I'm at and also the reason why I said I didn't feel like it was a total robbery. I feel like anytime you can "I think fighter X won, but I can see the case for outcome Y", you can't really have a robbery in the truest sense. Still not sure how this was a "W" for Sage though ...

Gouti could have finished the fight in the first instead of useless grappling and he had Northcutt visibily hurt one more time at least, as i recall.
He was gunshy for the entire fight, in the very last part of the third he didn't even try to land a single knee when he had Northcutt in the perfect spot and basically he gave up every chance to make points.
All he did seems to me the perfect strategy to not win, idiotic fighting iq to the point to almost looks suspect.

on the other side what can i say? Northcutt barely won against the aforementioned guy, so i don't see anything exciting in his near future.

I don't think he won and im glad he didn't. It makes the sport look bad if someone can win by taking you down and just hold you there wasting time while the other guy elbows your head :|

Another questionnable decision

Sage had some flashes and may lead on volume of strikes *(dunno if he actually does i haven't looked at the metrics but it looked like he did) but Gouti controlled most of the fight and landed the most significant strikes. The holding against the cage was annoying but heh. Sage was also rocked at least 2-3 times.

Nobody deserved to win that fight.

I did not think Sage won either but it was close.

The humper was punished for humping is my guess.

Texas AC is legit as corrupt as any other on the planet. I'm still amazed they didn't gift Peterson a decision win too.
Can I just replace corrupt for biased? I think it would sound a lot better.
Corruption would be if they made that for money, we don't know it, might be, but the biased side was there at least to some extent.

Still, Gouti had a bit of culprit as well, his performance was borderline superior.

They both suck. What's with these guys who land a strike, hurt the other guy and their first instinct is to go give them a hug? It's because US MMA has them thinking "I'll just get control, that'll win me the round".

Unless you are getting taken down the whole time and have no answer i dont understand how you can fight for 15 minutes and land 29 strikes. How is that possible? That's less than 2 strikes a minute.

I thought Sage looked really good last time.. but getting out grappled/wrestled by Gouti and getting a questionable decision has me wondering.

Still young though, like Erick Silva. Long way to go.

depends on if you consider casually laying on someone "effective grappling"

Well people who think gouti won, think that way because of significant strikes. If you get dropped or rocked, you dont get to even it out by pitter patter elbows when the guy is trying to take you down. You gotta rock him yourself or do something as significant which sage didnt do.

This was definitely a case of favoritism and was a robbery.

Back