Grand Jury report on Catholic Church sex abuse in Pennsylvania

This also jumped out at me:

What a fuckin scam that you can collect millions of $ and operate tax-free and then turn around and use that money to lobby for favourable legislation. I wonder if the activists will be successful, the church has deep pockets.

And this is in country that is not even predominantly Catholic. Now imagine the abuses that happens in majority third world Catholic countries.

Our very own President Duterte himself a victim of abuse by the church. I dont like Dutertes politics but what the priests did to him is wrong and inexcuseable.

This "Men of God" if left to their own devices would gladly bring back the crusades and the inquisition.

As a semi Catholic I support the church getting burned down in the media and in the court of law. Many people are leaving the church over this widespread scandal. I don't blame them. The more consequences the better.

However as a follower of Catholic theology and especially the unbroken chain of saints from the time of Christ to the present I hope the church survives this scandal.

That some priests turned out to be pedophiles is not that shocking as all large organizations that deal with children attract them. Even the act of ignoring or covering sexual abuse up seems to be hardwired into humanities system. Families do it too.

For a religious organization to cover this up though is doubly sinful disgusting and wrong. They should face harsher consequences than others IMO.

Semi Catholic? You are not confirmed or you joined another sect? Or you mean to say you are now agnostic?

I was born raise Catholoco but in my 20s I stop the belief I identify as an atheist can I still be considered semi Catholic?

Holier-than-thou attitude. Same with the non-competitive TMA crowd: "I've dedicated my life learning under sensei this-and-that for over ten years!" When you're in full time service of the Lord, you expect some respect, and maybe some benefits... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You accept the lifestyle of tribal headhunters also? What about cannibals? Or organized crime? Or the prevalent Indian subculture of 'women are meant to be raped?'

Hahahahahaha celibacy and abstinence imagine bragging you haven't jerk off in two months!

" I am a better person and you are scum because I dont masturbate".

Hahahahahaha celibacy and abstinence imagine bragging you haven't jerk off in two months!

" I am a better person and you are scum because I dont masturbate".

A class change into wizard is an honorable matter. Even so when changing to great sage (50 years old). Too bad I don't have the pre-reqs for wizard and still stuck in my job class Akiba warrior.

P.S.
Somebody already did. Find it on this thread.

The Vatican hasn't commented on this at all and it's pissing people off. They have plenty to say about letting more refugees into Europe and stuff like that but nothing about the systemic coverup of pedophilia in their church.

The Vatican has declined to respond to an explosive grand jury report detailing decades of sexual abuse and cover-ups by priests and bishops in Pennsylvania, refusing even to say whether church officials in Rome have read the damaging documents.

"We have no comment at this time," Paloma Ovejero, deputy director of the Vatican's press office, said Wednesday.
But in the United States and elsewhere, pressure is mounting on Pope Francis to address a rapidly escalating crisis that has spread across several continents, from Australia to Latin America.

In the United States, both liberal and conservative Catholics displayed a rare unity in pressing the Pope to respond to the Pennsylvania grand jury report.

"The silence from the Vatican is disturbing," said Massimo :eek::eek::eek:gioli, a theology professor at Villanova University in Pennsylvania. "I don't think the Pope necessarily has to say something today. He needs time to understand the situation. But someone from the Vatican should say something."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/us/pennsylvania-catholic-sex-abuse-vatican/index.html

The Pope tweeted this out the day the report came out lmao but I gotta think it's just a coincidence, it's just a bad look.

The Vatican hasn't commented on this at all and it's pissing people off. They have plenty to say about letting more refugees into Europe and stuff like that but nothing about the systemic coverup of pedophilia in their church.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/us/pennsylvania-catholic-sex-abuse-vatican/index.html

The Pope tweeted this out the day the report came out lmao but I gotta think it's just a coincidence, it's just a bad look.

Can you imagine getting raped so hard as a child you get spinal injuries, get addicted to opiates, and overdose, for your love of Christ?

Can you imagine getting raped so hard as a child you get spinal injuries, get addicted to opiates, and overdose, for your love of Christ?

I'd....rather not actually. I don't know if that would count as one of his martyrs or not though.

I'd....rather not actually. I don't know if that would count as one of his martyrs or not though.
My parents still occasionally ask if I remember anything odd growing up an alter boy in a Catholic Church.

It’s strange the religion is so damn popular, people really want to believe there’s a heaven

I'm all for killing any child molesters. There are certain occupations that attract them.
Religion, school, childhood sports and politics.

Let's abolish all of those. Or we'll just have to take them as they come up.

Anyone protecting a child molester is as guilty as them.

Why are priests so lustfull?

I’m beginning to believe it’s taught in seminary

I was ask in confession by a priest once if I masturbate. Apparently he ask the rest of the boys that day. We were like shocked and amused that a priest can so rude.

I was ask in confession by a priest once if I masturbate.
The priest at the church I was an alter boy at loved him his wine, he had us pretend to pour holy water into it, but he just slammed a chalice full of wine at 6:30 in the am

The priest at the church I was an alter boy at loved him his wine, he had us pretend to pour holy water into it, but he just slammed a chalice full of wine at 6:30 in the am
My uncle who is a former deacon told us all the lavish life style the priests indulge themselves.

Imported,leather, wine, Etc.

He was once punished for playing with the ultra expensive musical instruments.

My uncle who is a former deacon told us all the lavish life style the priests indulge themselves.

Imported,leather, wine, Etc.

He was once punished for playing with the ultra expensive musical instruments.

The priests I grew up with in the city I grew up in, well, 4 of them were found guilty, one had a yearly membership to the water park, and got caught in the men’s bathroom trying to look at boys

The priests I grew up with in the city I grew up in, well, 4 of them were found guilty, one had a yearly membership to the water park, and got caught in the men’s bathroom trying to look at boys

Damn those priests have no shame I guess they are trying to out do the Wild Imams of China!

My parents still occasionally ask if I remember anything odd growing up an alter boy in a Catholic Church.

It’s strange the religion is so damn popular, people really want to believe there’s a heaven

Hey, fellow Knights of the Altar! You ever tried snacking on excess wafer hosts in the sacristy?

1. Read the story of 'Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life.'
2. Replace every instance of Shrek into priest or Jesus.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

Hey, fellow Knights of the Altar! You ever tried snacking on excess wafer hosts in the sacristy?
I was too busy blowing the priest, ;)

They were bland, but the priest always had snacks. I mainly did it to get out of class. Thinking back, holy shit was it crazy, we got out of learning to hang out with creepy old men as adolescents

I was too busy blowing the priest, ;)

They were bland, but the priest always had snacks. I mainly did it to get out of class. Thinking back, holy shit was it crazy, we got out of learning to hang out with creepy old men as adolescents

Back then, we dipped it in chocolate, was good. Tried ketchup, tasted funny.
I was grade 6 at the time, the only catholic remaining in the family (all converted into born-again). Free fruits, free cologne (aka holy water). Not much abuse heard back then. All KoA I knew back then were naughty pricks (in a good way, for a boy). We didn't hang around with the priest, thank heavens, cuz our leader had balls big enough to flirt with the nuns and the Marian group of ladies.

Back then, we dipped it in chocolate, was good. Tried ketchup, tasted funny.
I was grade 6 at the time, the only catholic remaining in the family (all converted into born-again). Free fruits, free cologne (aka holy water). Not much abuse heard back then. All KoA I knew back then were naughty pricks (in a good way, for a boy). We didn't hang around with the priest, thank heavens, cuz our leader had balls big enough to flirt with the nuns and the Marian group of ladies.
We were literally let out of class for the day to practice. It’s not like it’s that hard, but the church owned the school, so

Back