Grand Jury report on Catholic Church sex abuse in Pennsylvania

Yeah I guess so at the lowest end of it. I am surrounded by Christians and not a single one of them does it out of fear. They do it because it makes them better people and they want to grow in love.

I'm not saying all 'believers' are sheep, but I'd bet at least some part of them does it because they're afraid they won't get to heaven. I think most are afraid of what they think comes after life.

I'm not saying all 'believers' are sheep, but I'd bet at least some part of them does it because they're afraid they won't get to heaven. I think most are afraid of what they think comes after life.

You are correct. I think people choose to believe in fairytales for all sorts of reasons. It makes them feel accepted, it’s all they have known, makes them feel better about death, they don’t want to admit in their later years they have been living a lie. I find the people who believe in god but denounce all the other shit the most responsible.

1. Read the story of 'Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life.'
2. Replace every instance of Shrek into priest or Jesus.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

tenor.gif

The Church should be raided, from the Vatican to every corner of its presence. Take ALL of their documents and freeze ALL of their assets.
Auction it off and distribute it first to the victims, then to the poor.
My only regret is that I can like this post only one time....

Haha.. do you fools know how much charity the catholic church does in southern Africa for example? The hospitals are largely funded by the Catholic church, the mobile care, the meds, etc.
Dam! touching little boys all over the globe.

Yea, because we are so humane and keep people in a cage for 30 years before we inject them with some concoction a lab coat nazi created we are so much better

Mark of a truly advanced n civilized society

this is a really dumb revisionist bullshit argument.
Being a witch was also punishable by death for minute.
I don't even know how to address the suggestion that gay people either worked for the church or were unemployed, or that gay sex only happened between clergy.

Nice dodge, but the point still stands

Catholic Church should reconsider their celibacy laws regarding priests.

Catholic priesthood is/was a perfect spot for closeted homosexuals

The homosexuals are not the problem. It's the pedophiles... who should be castrated before or after they are decapitated.

Curious what Sherbros think, especially since there's the ongoing Pennsylvania scandal.

Unlikely. These perverts aren't engaging in this crime because they're not allowed to pursue women. They're engaged in this crime because they're sick fucks. Would they stop becoming priests if other priests are allowed to fuck women? Not in my opinion.

If nothing, its leadership would attract married men, which in turn would increase the recruitment base to more normal people.

Unlikely. These perverts aren't engaging in this crime because they're not allowed to pursue women. They're engaged in this crime because they're sick fucks. Would they stop becoming priests if other priests are allowed to fuck women? Not in my opinion.
What if same sex relationships were allowed as well? If not, does the priesthood attract pedophiles due to abundance of children? Teachers don't have this problem.

I don't think you're right here and, frankly, I think it's pretty naive to just think that the clergy attracts "sick fucks" to such a wildly disproportionate degree. For that level of prevalence, you'd almost have to think that young men in their teenage years or early adulthood were actively seeking out the clergy, which is not in itself a very glamorous life, for the access to children. And that just doesn't make sense, since they could do the same thing in other, less demanding occupations.

Yes, I think allowing these men to have sex lives would divert away much of their sexual malfeasance within the scope of their duties. All of it? Of course not. But I would expect at least a 50% reduction.

I'm no sexual psychologist but, I think theres a big difference between a person who has sex with adults and someone who has sex with kids

I disagree.

Look at Prison...You can't tell me a shitload of those guys were gay/rapist before prison.....They were in an environment, where a man's asshole is the closest thing to pussy...So what happens? You start doing gay shit.

Samething with religion.....I bet a lot of these guys were 100% committed to not having sex and bought into the religious dogma...What happened? You have pinned up emotions, etc and children are vulnerable enough that people won't believe them or they simply won't say anything, thus shit like this happened( They didn't start fucking full grown women/men, because that would be harder, and a huge risk for their job)..........I really doubt many of those dudes, were these sick fucks before religion and joined it because they saw it will be easy to fuck children...Im sure some did, but most didn't.

Sex is a human need IMO, atleast for most people...If you deny that, you start going down some crazy road IMO.

If they can sneak around and fuck kids they can sneak around and fuck grownups.

What if same sex relationships were allowed as well? If not, does the priesthood attract pedophiles due to abundance of children? Teachers don't have this problem.

Pedophilia means attracted to children, not attracted to the same sex.

However, many of these priests happen to be gay and taking advantage of young boys, not pedophiles taking advantage of children. So maybe same sex relationships would mitigate some of it, but that's not happening.

Yes, teachers do have this problem.

Curious what Sherbros think, especially since there's the ongoing Pennsylvania scandal.
Requiring priests to remain celibate is the exact reason there is a Satanic pedophilia problem within the Catholic Church.

It means you aren't going to have any normal men who desire women try to become priests.

And it's unBiblical to require this of a pastor/priest.

Back