great half guard dvds

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just got done watching tom delbass Half dvd i havent heard anyone talk about it i thought it was pretty solid i also have paul schreiners its more geared towards gi though but alot can transition to no gi

i really cant wait to check out farias no gi half series anyone here seen it and could compare to the others listed? also any other great half dvds out there today good for no gi? iv seen part of glovers and ryan halls

Lucas Leite's dvd set is a lot of the same areas as Paul Schreiner's but is taught differently. You might think if they overlap what is the point but they compliment each other really well and give you a fantastic understanding of that knee-torque style of half. Its not really a gi specific game and a bunch of Leite's set is filmed nogi.

Caio Terra's '111 Half Guard Techniques' is the best general set out there and i'd recommend it next unless you're looking for Deep Half specifically. If so Ryan Hall or Jake MacKenzie's are probably more in line with your interests.

Lucas Leite's dvd set is a lot of the same areas as Paul Schreiner's but is taught differently. You might think if they overlap what is the point but they compliment each other really well and give you a fantastic understanding of that knee-torque style of half. Its not really a gi specific game and a bunch of Leite's set is filmed nogi.

Caio Terra's '111 Half Guard Techniques' is the best general set out there and i'd recommend it next unless you're looking for Deep Half specifically. If so Ryan Hall or Jake MacKenzie's are probably more in line with your interests.
End the thread. Best answer right here.

what about for no gi isnt lucas stuff alot to do with grips

Ciao's dvd is very good but I haven't got close to finishing it yet.

About the lucas leite stuff in general.

i like it cause it looks like would be well for mma i like coming up to single legs and killing a guys base to where he cant stop me from coming up

i have pauls hg dvd so if lucas isnt much different no need to buy his

what about for no gi isnt lucas stuff alot to do with grips
Pretty much every technique from the knee torque half Lucas Leite or Paul Schreiner show can be done gi or nogi. About 90% of every technique is down to applying the knee torque correctly rather than gripping pants, under hooking legs or anything related to what your hands are doing.

It has been my main guard for about 4 years gi or nogi and i've been lucky enough to do a private and a bunch of classes with Schreiner where he never made any distinction between both with what he showed. I guess he just assumes you'll figure out an appropriate grip for a particular sweep depending whether there is fabric to grab or not.

Back