Greatest Canadian Wrestler? Bret Hart or Chris Jericho?

Canadian GOAT?

• Total voters
upload_2017-10-18_8-59-48.png

tenor.gif

I could probably take both Bret and Jericho in a bar fight, this guy though fuck no.

EtGTuq.gif

Jericho is one of the greatest ever but the correct answer is Bret Hart.

Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler of all time. On the surface, it seems like Bret's the easy answer but unbiasedly, Jericho may actually be the answer although everything is so subjective.

Bret Hart's biggest advantages are being the #1 guy at one point, also being the top wrestler in the company, the face of the company, and the top draw (even if the company and overall business was down).

Jericho, I can't really say he was ever really the #1 guy except for a few months from at the end of '01 until Wrestlemania but even then, Jericho wasn't in peak form and he never really worked as the top heel then. Jericho was also never the face of the WWE but hericho does have the longer, more successful career both in terms of championship accomplishment in WWE as well as merchandise but Jericho has also been very successful in numerous promotions around the world. Even in WCW, where he was never really given a push, his talent still shined through all the BS.

Jericho's character and mic work is also on another level compared to Bret, the way he is able to work the crowd both as a face and a heel. The ability to get over, even this past year as his athletic abilities have diminished, says alot about Jericho.

So while I want to say Bret, I definitely see a strong case for Jericho as well.

Edge, naw. Too short a career compared to Jericho and Bret.

Whipper Billy Watson, Yvon Robert, Gene Kiniski, Roddy, Don Leo Jonathan, Maurice Vachon, Carpentier, Kowalski. So many greats.
Not a huge Bret fan but I respect his place in history . I like Jericho but I don't think he is an all time great. Hall of Famer but not GOAT.
Tough call on GOAT.
Whipper was the best draw of them all.

Last edited:
Whipper Billy Watson, Yvon Robert, Gene Kiniski, Roddy, Don Leo Jonathan, Maurice Vachon, Carpentier, Kowalski. So many greats.
Not a huge Bret fan but I respect his place in history . I like Jericho but I don't think he is an all time great. Hall of Famer but not GOAT.
Tough call on GOAT.
Whipper was the best draw of them all.
Interesting list. No room for Ivan Koloff?

Interesting list. No room for Ivan Koloff?
I like Ivan Koloff. Just not as all time great.
My favorite Canadian wrestler is Owen. Just a magnificent worker! The best real wrestler of the Hart clan, he was one of a scarce few all time who could work every style around the world and be a top worker in each world region. He didn't really have a true passion for wrestling though and, well, you know how his life ended.

George Gordienko could have been an all time great. At one point Lou Thesz wanted to drop the belt to him because he believed he was that good. Unfortunately Gordienko was branded a communist and was blacklisted .
Turned out he was a great artist who had art shows around the world.

Back