Greatest Tom Hanks acting performance?

Greatest Tom Hanks acting performance?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the most versatile actors. The man can do it all.

Saving Private Ryan.

One of the best movies I've ever seen.
Then Road to Perdition, in my opinion.

At the end of Capt Phillips, after he’s rescued, he’s sitting with a nurse and he’s being looked over by her.

He has a bit of a breakdown when she tells him he’s safe.

Pretty damn good acting if I say so myself.

That's a tough one, I don't think he's ever had a bad performance. I went with Cast Away, he pulled out all the emotional stops for that one.

That's a tough one, I don't think he's ever had a bad performance. I went with Cast Away, he pulled out all the emotional stops for that one.
The terminal was a bad performance. Whatever accent he was doing sounded like an SNL impression.

Is it just me, or does he always just play Tom Hanks in every film? Sure, there are a few exceptions, like Forrest Gump, where he’s retarded Tom Hanks, or Cloud Atlas where he plays Australian Tom Hanks, sleazy Tom Hanks, and retarded Tom Hanks again. But usually he just plays Tom Hanks.

I've never seen The Terminal. But that's a shame.

It's not great. The type of movie that's made for Grandmas. If you took your grandma, you probably wouldn't hate it, but since Tom Hanks usually does such quality work, it kind of makes it stand out.

Forrest Gump.
Saving Private Ryan is my favourite movie though.

Forrest Gump.

Who in the hell gave Cloud Atlas the nod? Christ that was horrible.

Is it just me, or does he always just play Tom Hanks in every film? Sure, there are a few exceptions, like Forrest Gump, where he’s retarded Tom Hanks, or Cloud Atlas where he plays Australian Tom Hanks, sleazy Tom Hanks, and retarded Tom Hanks again. But usually he just plays Tom Hanks.
Yep. I've said it before. I don't think he's a good actor. You can always see the Tom Hanks in his character s

At the end of Capt Phillips, after he’s rescued, he’s sitting with a nurse and he’s being looked over by her.

He has a bit of a breakdown when she tells him he’s safe.

Pretty damn good acting if I say so myself.

That was my vote too. And that scene was outstanding

Back