Greco- Roman or Freestyle Wrestling for Taller Guys?

Dude I’m sorry but I’m sick of all of these type of discussions turning into mostly talking about the “attributes” wrestling can give more than the technique.. and/or arguing with the the actual wrestlers telling the person the answers to their questions. Try both, pick the one with the better coach or do freestyle if you want leg attacks. Reach and length can and do give as much of if not more of an advantage in wrestling as in striking and Bjj.

Just wrestle, if you’re only really doing it because how “tough” or strong or how good at scrambling it’ll make you. It really doesn’t matter which you pick
This sounds crazy! Everybody talks how much the size and mainly the height are advantage in BJJ and striking and I know for the second one that it is true, but for wrestling? I remember years ago, when I've tried some training for a short time how manys people told me- "Man, you are going in the wrong sport- you are too tall!". Now I realize that they could be wrong, because none of them was a wrestler.

Last edited:
This sounds crazy! Everybody talks how much the size and mainly the height are advantage in BJJ and striking and I know for the second one that it is true, but for wrestling. I remember years ago, when I've tried some training for a short time how many people told me- "Man, you are going in the wrong sport- you are too tall!". Now I realize that they could be wrong, because none of them was a wrestler.
Well they were both dumb and ignorant

Well they were both dumb and ignorant
Really, İ've started to believe that my intial success was all luck, but... Years ago, I realize something important. Really I was constantly thinking that they might be right, despite of the fact that I was doing it well. I've only hated those doubles, many of the guys were shorter and weaker from me, but those doubles... :)

Have you gone to wrestling practice yet? That needs to be your next post. I went to takedown tuesdays at Marcelo's in NYC since I posted in here. It was incredibly dope.

Back