Grip it and riiiip it

Zerocrew1984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bannerkoala.gif

http://www.textfiles.com/uploads/koalas.txt
Goals for 2010 is to get jakt(actually look like I work out) and still improve on my big 3 total.

Total over 1300 raw in competition

Squat
All time PR : 425 x 3
Goal: 500 x 1, 455 x 3

Deadlift
All time PR: 525
Goal: 585 x 1, 545 x 2

Bench paused and tng
All time PR: 290
Goal: 300 x 1, 315 x 1

SOHP
All time PR: 195
Goal: 225

Clean and Jerk
all time pr: 253

Snatch
all time pr: 181

OHS
all time pr: 135 x 6

CoC
all time pr: Close trainer with left, close 1 with right
Goal: Close 2 with left and right

Pullups
All time PR: bw x 4(@ 198lb bw)
Goal: 10

Run 1 mile
All time pr: 7:45
Goal: 9 min

12-28-06-
Bench-225x1(touch and go)
Squat-245x1
Deadlift-275x1
total:745

12-28-07
Bench-285lbs-touch and go x 1
265 paused x 1
Squat-425x1
Dead lift-495x1
total:1205

total year improvement =+460lbs

12-30-2008
Bench- 225 x 1
Squat- 315 x 1
Deadlift-365 x 1
total= 905
Total year improvement = - 300lbs. Fucking fail. Tons of injuries, gym closing down, and lack of motivation is the cause.

12-31-2009
Bench- 290 x 1
Squat- 425 x 3
Deadlift- 525 x 1, 500 x 2
Total: 1240
Pretty lame that I'm still under 1300 total and not even in the 1400's. It's my fault. I had more injuries. Major injuries: bicep tendonitis in both arms causing no benching/sohp, shoulder impingment causing no regular bar squats

Tuesday-
Did some grip work through my work day on CoC#1. I havent done grip work in awhile but it felt good towards the end.

started my iron dungeon pushups today
Triangle push-ups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete
* rest 90 seconds

Normal Pushups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete
* rest 90 seconds

Wide pushups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 1 complete
Obviously by the pattern i should have gotten 7 complete at the end but my arms just gave out.

Played basketball for an hour and played like a God.

Went home and turned the shower on my legs with hot water for 30 secs/cold water for 30 secs about 4 times. my legs seemed to feel better afterwards.

Good eating day today.

Im also going to start posting how much sleep i get because that is one of my weak points.*EDIT* got 7 hours of sleep. i layed down and should have gotten 9 hours but my body just woke up ready to go and i couldnt go back to sleep.

p.s.
Im sick as a dog. sweet.

I'm dying right now.(sick)
I'm not sure if I should just do a lighter workout today,rest, or do a full workout and tough it out. I have a basketball game tonight which i WILL go to. I'll decide later on in the day on what i'll do as far as working out....see how i feel.

If you can go to the ball game, you can lift. Its a good idea to get something done, especially given what youve told us about how missing one workout screws with your week. Like Lusst said, do not give up. This will change you in ways you cannot imagine.

Oh, and about sleep. There are a few things you can do. Ive found anything will skullcap and valerian to be very helpful in getting deeper sleep. I know Devilsson takes melotonin (or serotonin maybe?), which if I remember right is the hormone that controls your sleep patterns. Have you got the room as dark as you can get it?

The room is a bit light when i go to sleep. I was thinking i could take some pm aspirin or something. something to help me sleep. I work a night job so my body has never fully adjusted to trying to get into bed at 5pm.

I've drank 32 oz of water, 32 oz of hot green tea, and 64oz of orange juice. chicken noodle soup. 2 pb and honey sandwiches so far. i have a lot of liquids going. I had better be healed tomorrow.

i highly suggest taking a week off and recovering from the illness. Unless it's just a bad cold(ie no fever/lack of energy) then I would try to drink a lot of water and do a moderate intensity workout.

So yeah, im still dying. I was pretty weak throughout the day and did have a fever. I drank a ton of liquids though.
Went to the gym and just didn't have a thing in me. Here's my pathetic attempt today and i left early....

Wednesday-
Deadlift-135x5
185x3
135x5
135x7

OHP-65x5
75x5
80x5

SLDL-95x5
95x5
95x5

Couldn't do any pull ups. Again, i was DYING.
Also, i felt the piece of my back just under my left shoulder blade pop and now ive got a good twinge there. good stuff.

Wanted to jump in the spa but there is no way im going into the gym spa. so i just went home and took a hot bath for 20 min or so.

also drank a protein shake later on.

I'm going to try and go to bed now and i'm shooting for 10 1/2 hours.
Basketball is at 9pm and if i get up naturally for that then i'll go, if i sleep through, oh well.

I had better lost some weight from this crap.

slept for-8 hours 15min

P.S., i didnt workout just to spite you devilson. i never saw your message.

since im typing this that means ive only slept for like 2 hours and 15 min. cant go back to sleep.....great.

hey man no1 knows u better than urself....we can all give u suggestions but it's ultimately up to u to do whatever...

I have gone before with a mild fever to the gym and dragged my ass on the floor the whole time. Over the years I just realized I am better taking that time off and getting better.....but I am talking about really sick(vonsiderable fever, lethargy, etc) not like I got a runny nose or bruised my pinkie type of deal.....

hope u get better soon man...gl

Got my hands on some nyquil and was able to get some sleep. Broke my fever and headcold. now ive just got a runny nose and a sore thorat. i can deal with that. my body feels back to normal and the twinge in my back is gone. sweet. i did not play basketball yesterday.

i know u may think u feel better....but it's the meds....it will take longer for ur body to truly recover....do think about extra few days off....i'd eat more during this period if ur appetite is still good....(in a healthy way....)

I'm going to take today off and then work out tomorrow. If i feel itchy to do something i will do some push ups today and maybe some girly man elipticalls.

Did some gripper work on coc#1. i can only close it with my right hand once. i really need to work on this.
still feeling a bit sick. taking the day off but threw in some iron dungeon pushups.

Triangle push-ups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete
* rest 90 seconds

Normal Pushups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete
* rest 90 seconds

Wide pushups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete

got em all!

good eating day.
got 8 hours 10min of sleep.

My body is feeling pretty good right now. I just have a runny nose and a congested throat/chest. Im going to get a good workout today.

Friday-
Front Squats-2sec pause in hole
2x5-95lbs
1x5-115

Squat-
135lbs x 20
First time i've ever done this many reps on squats. I pretty much killed myself. I thought about giving up at 10 and it felt like forever to get to 15 but once i was there then it wasn't so bad.

Bench-(trying new tucked elbow technique)
45lbsx10-through a few "flared out elbows" and i felt more power from the tucked version.
135lbsx5-tucked was ok
175lbsx5-tucked felt really hard and uncomfortable. did a flared out at the end and it went up easy.
2x5-135lbs-tucked

Close-grip bench
2x5-135lbs

Dips-
3x5-bw

triceps are fried now. not feeling too good. end of workout. start heavy again on monday.
also did some gripper work on the coc#1
good eating day.
got 8 hours of sleep.

Feeling kinda of sick today. saturdays are usually reservered for rest or gpp or basketball. going to take a rest day today. start again on monday.

Saturday-
Triangle push-ups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete
* rest 90 seconds

Normal Pushups
* 5 partials
* 5 complete
* 7 partials
* 7 complete