Ground and pound is pretty much a thing of the past

talk about hyperbole lol. straight baby elbows compared to something like this:

goodridgeelbows-1.gif~c200

or this

Jones-Kos-Vera.gif
That guy on the bottom isn't totally defenceless. He is defending like CM Punk.

Lol at Khabib's gnp ....Lee showed how you do Brutal ground and pound Khabib could'nt finish Barboza in 5 rounds but Lee in 2 rounds made Barboza look like Megan Olivi's bed sheets when it's that time of the month
Megan Olivi doesn't know about tampons?
Seems unlikely.

You will get a girlfriend one day and learn how this stuff works. Some of it is gross but most is no big deal.

How ironic is life that it was the elbows that fucked him up in their first meeting, a decade later, elbows are the thing that fuck Gonzaga up.
I remember watching that fight and thinking "wow where did those come from". Cro Cop rarely threw elbows but those were devastating.

Yes, he should go more for the finish. I agree. He also said after the Barboza fight that he didn't want to finish the fight and wanted to see how he feels after 3 rds. But saying LOL about his GnP is not smart. If you listen to other fighters talking about his GnP, they pretty much all agree that he has the most devastating one. Honestly, I can't wait for a fight between him and Lee.

#1 bullshit

I'm sure there is a difference between effective g&p and crappy g&p

I remember watching that fight and thinking "wow where did those come from". Cro Cop rarely threw elbows but those were devastating.

I think it was solely for revenge purposes in this scenario.

Remember back in the day, when a fighter got a full-mount it was usually very bad news to for the fighter on bottom, with an incoming brutal G&P?

Most of these fighters train in the same way now and everyone knows how to defend on the ground or when being mounted.

Needless to say, fights are a lot more boring these days and seemingly most of the time, you're pretty much just watching a grappling match. Also grappling seems to get fighters the win the majority of the time, which just pushes them to do it more...
Lol what a boneheaded opinion

Back