Groupon member and pushy instructor in mma class

I was going to this wrestling /jiu justu class I had with Groupon and after class with rolled after we learned bit technique
I was rolling with instructor and on 3 round he flipped me and my right arm landed and twisted
I was in lot pain and yelling . It’s very sore in elbow area and taking Advil , Ice and numbing cream
My question is should I text and tell owner that as a brown belt he should forescreen it coming . I rolled with other instructor and other guys before and never got injured this bad
What can I do
I know I can’t sue since I sign waiver but what should I tell owner of gym
The instructor who injure me wasn’t that helpful either. Told me had return ice cans can’t bring it with me even though other students said go ahead we got tons. Didn’t show any empathy
Either you are a horrible person or a terrible troll. I can’t tell which one.

periods-motherfucker-can-you-use-them.jpg

If you don’t like it write a bad review. Gyms have ignored members for less than that. It’s the culture of a lot of martial arts dude.

So annoying when people think they deserve 5 star attention and detail from a coach when they have been there for less than 3 months.
Want 5 star treatment and 70% off.....

@Alex, reading through your posts, all trolling aside, I would def not want you as a student based on your few posts, you seem like a pain in the ass.
My appologies if I mischaracterized you

@Alex, reading through your posts, all trolling aside, I would def not want you as a student based on your few posts, you seem like a pain in the ass.
My appologies if I mischaracterized you
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

TS should fuck right off and go to Groupon for a deal on a life. Fucking loser

If you don’t like it write a bad review. Gyms have ignored members for less than that. It’s the culture of a lot of martial arts dude.

So annoying when people think they deserve 5 star attention and detail from a coach when they have been there for less than 3 months.
I dunno. I think paying customers should get attention, not an outsized amount, but some.
I quit a gym years ago, after being there for years. I competed in bjj and MMA yet never got much attention from the coach pointers wise. I went to a new gym, got some attention and it upped my game significantly. Coaches aren't some high king, they're meant to teach. If they aren't they aren't really coaching

I dunno. I think paying customers should get attention, not an outsized amount, but some.
I quit a gym years ago, after being there for years. I competed in bjj and MMA yet never got much attention from the coach pointers wise. I went to a new gym, got some attention and it upped my game significantly. Coaches aren't some high king, they're meant to teach. If they aren't they aren't really coaching
Keywords is you were there for years. At any good gym, new members come a dime a dozen. Half of them tell you they are dedicated and wanna be fighters and leave within the first month

This post isn't really about OP but I thought you guys would be interested in Groupon experiences of business owners.

From the restaurant owners I've talked to about Groupon, they've said it sounded like a good idea at first (and Groupon has a sales force that calls up restaurant owners to make it sound like a great deal), but it ended up being more trouble than it's worth. Groupon is basically having you give away food while they take most of the profit with the promise you are going to get repeat customers or people ordering more than just what the Groupon was for. Instead, they found that people sent by Groupon just come for the one cheap meal, then just go on to the next place with a deal on Groupon. They also tend to be people who would not normally come to your place because they can't afford it, and they often act entitled to special treatment, or come in months after the deal expired and still want to use it. They also tend to be poor tippers. Of course not everyone who uses Groupon is like that, but that was what I saw with the people I knew who owned or worked at restaurants.

A martial arts school or anything with a group class has a better model for Groupon because you do not have material expenses like you do when serving food. You can always add another new person to a class without much trouble. But you do not make any money on the Groupon unless you can get those people to sign up for a real membership (Groupon takes almost all the profit). That's why an instructor would not really care about the person waiting until the end of their Groupon membership. The instructor needs the person to sign up before the trial ends and they disappear if they want to make any real profit. Like the restaurant owners, most BJJ school owners I've talked to who tried it would not do Groupon again because they just got people who were shopping for a deal without wanting to commit to joining, and these shoppers were happy to switch to the next school when a Groupon came up for that. And like with the restaurants, they often show up long after the deal expired and are confused why they couldn't still use it.

Keywords is you were there for years. At any good gym, new members come a dime a dozen. Half of them tell you they are dedicated and wanna be fighters and leave within the first month
I think turnover is related to attention paid to students. It's a dumb mentality to wait until the student has proven themselves to start really training them. It's old skool BS.
A school that has low turn over has involved coaching. I have seen it firsthand.

Anyone here taken dance , yoga, martial art class with Groupon or social shopper before
They got good deals for a month like one place I’m doing A groupon for 55 6 week of martial art classss unlimited. But I find if you go to every class and they have it mon wed fri and you got to all 3 classes and they have see you don’t sign up or intention of signing up as Groupon date gets closer to expiring I notice they kind of ignore you as oppose when you first enrolled with the Groupon they are all Happy and friendly and talkative with you .

Anyone signed up with Groupon/social shopper and did classes and went almost all the time to everyday but have no intention of signing up? I think instructor notices it and dislikes it and offers you less pointers when you doing technique. They ignore you and less friendly with you

Anyone notice service lacks for Groupon and social shopper users
The instructor indirect came to me few times and said yea I see you come to every class and you like it hey and he’s indirectly getting me to sign up but I’m only at it for 2 weeks out of the 6 week Groupon special
So pushy
martial arts is business same with college gym memberships and psychiatry etc. Only a few actually get the moneys worth. Promise something and make people throw as much cash as possible to the business.

Back