Groves vs Smith

Jonny Ninja

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
this is tonight but seems to have flown under the radar as the fight is in the Middle East?? wouldve been a huge fight had it been staged in England as it should have been. Probably would have sold Anfield out! Fckin stupid

Fancied smith to win this when it was first announced but he’s look average since knocking Rocky out in the first. Groves on the other hand seems to have gone from strength to strength since finally winning a world title. Possibly the best SM in the world today. Bit of a concern with his shoulder injury. If his shoulder holds up I see it being a ud to st George, but Smith is dangerous. Good technical boxer, can bang and has the physical size advantage

On the Eurostar back from Euro Disney at the moment so hopefully can get back to my gaff and have time for a couple of biftas before the fight. It should be good

On the Eurostar back from Euro Disney at the moment so hopefully can get back to my gaff and have time for a couple of biftas before the fight. It should be good

All English fight, all English sentence right there, haha.

I bet on Smith as a slight dog but Groves is a beast. Agree this is stupid to have in Saudi Arabia when it's a huge, high level domestic fight that should be nowhere but England. The atmosphere's gonna suck compared to if this was in the UK.

All English fight, all English sentence right there, haha.

I bet on Smith as a slight dog but Groves is a beast. Agree this is stupid to have in Saudi Arabia when it's a huge, high level domestic fight that should be nowhere but England. The atmosphere's gonna suck compared to if this was in the UK.

Would’ve been a (small) stadium fight over here dude. It’s crazy

Yeah, I was disappointed to see this wasn't being held in the UK. So what channel is this on? ITV Box Office again?

Yeah, I was disappointed to see this wasn't being held in the UK. So what channel is this on? ITV Box Office again?

I think so. Probably an ayrton for the ppv, like the last one? I wont be home till about 9.30-10 so I hope I haven’t missed it.

I think so. Probably an ayrton for the ppv, like the last one? I wont be home till about 9.30-10 so I hope I haven’t missed it.
Groves v Smith is supposed to start at 9. Eubank jr is supposed to fight at 8:15 as well I think

Groves v Smith is supposed to start at 9. Eubank jr is supposed to fight at 8:15 as well I think

Oh ffs. My missus better put her foot down then when we get off the train. Maybe I’ll drive! Who’s Eubank fighting?

this is tonight but seems to have flown under the radar as the fight is in the Middle East?? wouldve been a huge fight had it been staged in England as it should have been. Probably would have sold Anfield out! Fckin stupid

Fancied smith to win this when it was first announced but he’s look average since knocking Rocky out in the first. Groves on the other hand seems to have gone from strength to strength since finally winning a world title. Possibly the best SM in the world today. Bit of a concern with his shoulder injury. If his shoulder holds up I see it being a ud to st George, but Smith is dangerous. Good technical boxer, can bang and has the physical size advantage

I was surprised it was tonight when I was reading the news. It does seem that the location has taken a lot of attention of it.

A pity that in the UK, two Brits fighting for a title and tournament winner isn't a big deal.

I have Groves winning by a few points in a decent fight.

The BBC did a good article on why it's in Saudi Arabia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45663650

Oh ffs. My missus better put her foot down then when we get off the train. Maybe I’ll drive! Who’s Eubank fighting?
Some Irish guy called JJ McDonagh. Never heard of him to be honest. He's got a record of 16-4 so it's probably an easy fight for Eubank.

Need to find a stream. I'm not paying 17 quid for this.

I get that it's a final and I like the idea of the tourney. But 17 quid seems pretty tough.

I get that it's a final and I like the idea of the tourney. But 17 quid seems pretty tough.

Just bought it now.

Used to find streams myself but the quality is not very good.

No ring girls for some reason...

Smith is 6.3

groves-smith%20(3)_1.jpg

I'm sure there's something on Reddit like there usually is.

Usyk vs gassiev was 10s. 17 seems a bit steep based on sky ppvs

Suarlands accent does make me laugh. A German who sounds like a proper wide Boy

Has the Eubank fight started yet? Just started a stream and I seen Holyfield talking.

Back