Cool down

MT
Jump rope x 10 mins
Stretching
Kick/knee drills w/heavy bag
Partner clinch drills
Partner drills/combos back-forth
Cool down

Woke up this morning with an itch to run a 10k for time, to see where I'm at cardio-wise...

42:11 (PR)

Very pleasantly surprised. Did not expect this. Previous bests have been in the 45-46 minute range.

AM: Muay Thai

Jump rope x 5 mins
Stretching
Sparring x 3 min rds
Heavy bag drills
Cool down

FunRun x 40mins:

One-Arm push-up x 3/arm
Pistol squat x 5/leg
Every 5-10 mins

Nice easy jog with some OAP/pistol work thrown in on the route.

Fell off the wagon this week, crazy work schedule and also just feeling tired/under the weather. I have a sneaky suspicion its this cod liver oil I've been taking. Didn't take it last night and already feeling better.

Strength Session:

BP 210: 3 x 5
SQ 295: 3 x 5
DL 280: 2 x 3 (work set)

80%RM

Finisher:
Chins 3 x 5

Strength:

Squat: 325 (3 x 3)
Bench: 220 (4 x 3)
DL: 3 x 135, 2 x 225, 1 x 300

90%

Apex Hills (Tactical Barbell II)
4 x w/48kg Kettlebell

This one was a killer. Decided to give the infamous Apex Hills a try using the Beast (48kg kb). It's tough enough with my regular 24kg bell so knew it would be tough, but still.

Managed 4 solid rounds before form on the swings started faltering. I definitely don't want to screw around with form when the Beast is involved, so ended the session. I can see this workout turning you into an absolute monster if you work your way up to 10 rounds!

Sounds monstrous. I tried working up to the Beast Tamer a while ago (Pull-up, press, pistol). That didn't last, lulz.

Sounds monstrous. I tried working up to the Beast Tamer a while ago (Pull-up, press, pistol). That didn't last, lulz.

Yeah, had to go two hands and even then barely cranked out the required 10 reps. There are guys doing full Apex with the Beast 1-handed...crazy. That seems very far away from where I'm at now.

600M Reset x 3
5 mins RI

Flew threw the first two rounds. Last one I hit a wall around 300m mark.

Muay Thai

Jump rope x 10 mins
Shadow boxing
Technique/combo drills
Pads
Cool down

Strength:

Squat: 325 (3 x 3)
Bench: 220 (5 x 3)
DL: 3 x 135, 3 x 225, 1 x 305

90%

Apex Hills (tactical barbell 2)

X5 Rounds w/48kg Kettlebell

Last time I tried this with the Beast I could only go four rounds. Managed to add another today. I'll take it. Didn't feel any easier though!

AM: KB Fun-Run (TB2)

2 Miles
- 10 swings
- 10 weighted push-ups
- 10 squats

Stuffed a light KB (16kg) in a backpack along with a pillow. Every 5-6 minutes into the run stopped and did one of the above....really enjoyed this style of workout. Seems like a a good way to build up general endurance and work capacity.

Kept the running slow and easy, will work on building up the distance/weight over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back