GSP fires 1st shot at McGregor - says he does not want to "clog up" the division like Conor

I don't mind that he vacates.. he came in and headline one of the best ufc cards in years. I'm glad it happened. And now me farce has ended.. lw farce next pls

They are as bad as each other. GSP stalled the division from the moment he called Bisping out in June of 2016. Over a year and a half.

They negotiated the fight in Oct.

GSP wasn't going to be ready until 2017, so they booked Bisping V Hendo because it meant, whomever won would be a perfect foil for GSP to promote a 2 division champ.

They had the press conference early 2017. GSP said he couldn't be available until the end of 2017. They fight, GSP wins, GSP vacates.

In other words, he stalled the division for almost 2 years to get a favorable match-up, in the process denying Jacare and Romero title shots, forcing Mousasi to Bellator and leaving the division in limbo.

Both GSP and Conor fucked their respective divisions. Hopefully Conor will defend. Who the fuck knows.

I agree with all of this except for a couple things.

It was really Michael Bispings decision alone to wait for GSP instead of defending.

GSPs only bad move in all off this was to take the fight after he saw that Bisping was stalling the division, which, tbh, is the smallest of wrongs in the whole situation.

It was the UFCs decision to let bisping hold the belt hostage.

It was Bispings decision not to defend.

It was GSPs decision not to cancel the fight because Bisping wasnt defending.

But GSPs decision to vacate exonerates him from that. The problem is belts being held hostage. Only champions and the promotion are responsible for that.

While i dont consider GSP a leditimate 2 division champ, i am greatful he didnt continue Bispings trend.

There is a reason why St Pierre is the #HUMBLEGOAT . He does stuff for the better of the company. Fighting at 185 , now giving up the belt so the division can move on. RESPECT.

There is a reason why St Pierre is the #HUMBLEGOAT . He does stuff for the better of the company. Fighting at 185 , now giving up the belt so the division can move on. RESPECT.

Absolutely right. Very astute

GSP vacated the MW belt for the good of the division.

He told Robin Black that he does not want to be like McGregor and "clog up" the division.

(cued to 3:28)

images

Prediction: Georges wants to be the 1st 3-div champion & will use the "colitis" shtick to say he lost weight, and now he's a lightweight.

If GSP fights him at 155, then it’s Condor via demolition.

Conor repeatedly won his marquee fights with a bunch of 1 million plus PPVs. Bisping lost all his but one and had shitty PPVs. Apart from freezing divisions they are literally worlds apart.
oh ok because u know everything

If GSP can make 155 that is one thing, but he is too big for Conor at 170.

At any weight GSP takes Conor down in 30-45 seconds and finishes him before Conor gets back to his feet.

All I can say is I am no longer a Gsp fan and will root for him to lose at any outing. Are you fucking kidding me? An athlete of his caliber that weighs 180-185 and cut to welterweight previously had such a tremendous time adding 15 lbs within two years? Don’t buy it. I thought he was too old, and had a difficult time cutting? Now he wants yo cut to LW. Joke. And yes, I know he doesn’t care about what I think and is rich, fucked more girls than me and will do more than I could ever imagine.

I still don’t like what he did.

"GSP's the GOAT" - more like, the GOAT of cherry picking. I called it, I said the only one that he would fight would be Diaz or Conor, if he ever fights again. He saw what Gas did to Bisping and he knew he would be embarrassed and absolutely destroyed by Knuckles or T-Wood.

George is pure class, Conor is mma's ass...

Well, if Conor fights GSP it really makes all the people calling him a coward and duck look like fucking idiots.

images

Prediction: Georges wants to be the 1st 3-div champion & will use the "colitis" shtick to say he lost weight, and now he's a lightweight.
There is no way GSP makes LW without first losing a lot of muscle mass. The only way GSP vs Connor happens is if Conor moves up to fight GSP at WW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back