GSP: "I'm Not Sure If I Compete That I'll Go Back to 185. I Don't Think So."

Sorry, but your poor excuses and justification
And I am honestly disappointed. because GSP speaks so much about respect and the sport of MMA< and yet he put the whole MW division on hold for almost a year until he finally agreed to fight Bisping, only to leave the division.

This is the biggest point: At the time GSP started calling for a Bisping fight [June 2016] - He was skipping ahead of Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Mousasi, Whittaker, Rockhold and more.

As a result, Jacare, a guy fighting since 03' a guy who earned his shot got derailed. He would have beaten Bisping and held the strap. Instead, closing in on 40, he'll never get close to the belt again.

Romero is in the same boat. The dude basically cleared out a division, and eventually got derailed after earning his shot numerous times.

Rockhold destroyed Bisping in the first fight. Got caught in the second fight. Instead of getting a rematch, he was sent into limbo with bizarre match-making to manufacture the GSP fight.

Weidman was a star after beating Anderson. He was a huge PPV earner, and instead of managing him correctly, he got fed to top five after top five ruining his reputation but when GSP/Bisping talk started, he had just one loss to Rockhold.

Mousasi. The guy earned his shot but because there was a ridiculously long log jam with no title shot in sight, he was forced to leave to Bellator.

Finally Whittaker. The one upside. He ran the gauntlet, beat the best of the best, got an interim belt, and still couldn't get a title shot. Now he has to fight for a vacated belt.

GSP talks about fairness, and improving the sport for the athletes, and yet he's single handedly fucked the careers of numerous MW's. If he simply wanted the MW belt, he should have waited until he was ready to fight and just fought whoever was champ. I have zero respect for his actions.

Last edited:
Hes not a fighter, hes an athlete. I honestly don't think he will fight Woodley, hes gunning for Conor, an easy fight with barely any risk that will make him tons of money.
AGree.
Woodley brings risks.
He doesn't like to take risks.

This is the biggest point: At the time GSP started calling for a Bisping fight [June 2016] - He was skipping ahead of Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Mousasi, Whittaker, Rockhold and more.

As a result, Jacare, a guy fighting since 03' a guy who earned his shot got derailed. He would have beaten Bisping and held the strap. Instead, closing in on 40, he'll never get close to the belt again.

Romero is in the same boat. The dude basically cleared out a division, and eventually got derailed after earning his shot numerous times.

Rockhold destroyed Bisping in the first fight. Got caught in the second fight. Instead of getting a rematch, he was sent into limbo with bizarre match-making to manufacture the GSP fight.

Weidman was a star after beating Anderson. He was a his PPV earner, and instead of managing him correctly, he got fed to top five after top five ruining his reputation but when GSP/Bisping talk started, he had just one loss to Rockhold.

Mousasi. The guy earned his shot but because there was a ridiculously long log jam with no title shot in sight, he was forced to leave to Bellator.

Finally Whittaker. The one upside. He ran the gauntlet, beat the best of the best, got an interim belt, and still couldn't get a title shot. Now he has to fight for a vacated belt.

GSP talks about fairness, and improving the sport for the athletes, and yet he's single handedly fucked the careers of numerous MW's. If he simply wanted the MW belt, he should have waited until he was ready to fight and just fought whoever was champ. I have zero respect for his actions.
1000% agree!

GSP's earned the right to do whatever he pleases. Sounds like he will relinquish the belt and the title fight will be in February so Rockhold and Whittaker will have a title. Hopefully, he doesn't hold up fighting for the title.

Kind of sucks. Really wanted to see him fight Whitaker. But he proved what he wanted to. " Became 185 Champ" "Finished a fight". Now on to fighting Woodley sometime in the future. #HUMBLEGOAT !!!

Dana has fucked so many people over to the point that, any fighter that pisses him off is alright in my book.

Colitis is no joke and can be life threatening or altering (want to walk around with a shit bag?) George is going to be on a very restrictive diet for at least six months, possibly the rest of his life. He should retire. Shertards have so many potential targets, target your hate at someone else.

The 185 lb belt was never in limbo. Bisping landed a lucky punch on a low IQ fighter and then was gifted two freak show title defenses. Unfortunately, he lost to a 170 lb fighter. Whitaker is already the legit 185 lb champ. The only controversy is for fans who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Weidman was a star after beating Anderson. He was a huge PPV earner, and instead of managing him correctly, he got fed to top five after top five ruining his reputation but when GSP/Bisping talk started, he had just one loss to Rockhold.

GSP is a walking contradiction.

Claims he's too small for Anderson and then wanted to fight one of the weakest UFC champs ever in Bisping.

Always said that he would have to make a permanent move to MW if he were to ever move up. Now wants to leave the MW division while ducking Whittaker and all of the top MWs.

Claims he cares about the fighters with the MMAAA, then screws over the entire MW division by jumping the line.

Never says anything about PEDs during his entire career, then starts making noise before the Hendricks fight when he knew it was going to be his last fight before his break.

Georges is a fraud.

can anyone maybe think something along the lines of..... GSP said he would make a come back and kept his word. was given a stipulation in his contract which he agreed to. He won the fight despite not feeling the way he wanted to feel. He now is diagnosed with an illness which explains why he was getting sick. He freaks and in his mind now feels like he may not be able to perform at his best in a higher weight class since he wont be able to, in his own mind, be as bi or strong as he feels he needs in order to compete with the bigger guys. Therefor being human and everything he is going back and forth in his own mind trying to figure out what he should do and what might be best for him to do. Not to mention the fact everyone is on his ass about making up his mind, he isn't exactly being given the quiet time needed to make the best decision he can make. I mean common people wtf hes a human being and has a mind of his own and is doing what most of us might be doing if we were in his shoes. Oh but we know everything right. we know whats best for him to do. Its ridiculous. The ball will get rolling. It always does. Fights will continue to happen, all will be well everyone just needs to chill the fk out. o_O

ok lets say GSP vacates the title.... does that affect his now new GOAT status? or nah

GSP's earned the right to do whatever he pleases. Sounds like he will relinquish the belt and the title fight will be in February so Rockhold and Whittaker will have a title. Hopefully, he doesn't hold up fighting for the title.

I don't believe any fighter should be able to "do as he pleases". That diminishes the sport. The entire point of winning to move up.

I don't believe any fighter should be able to "do as he pleases". That diminishes the sport. The entire point of winning to move up.

Not if he's not hurting the sport. If he shows up, collects a quick title, relinquishes it and let's two other guys fight for it no harm done.

He actually speeds up the title holder process in this case since he would take a recovery period, then a training period and then fight for the title. In this case the title fight will (or may) be fought in February.

And how is that GSP's fault again?

Why are you not blaming the UFC for that?

And how is that GSP's fault again?

Why are you not blaming the UFC for that?
I blame both. GSP started talks about a Bisping fight in June of 2016. He negotiated the fight in Oct of 2016. He did a press conference in early 2017. And then was only able to fight in Nov of 2017.

If you know you will only be able to fight in Nov of 2017, stay quiet. Don't cherrypick a fight when you're not ready to fight. It stalled the division.

If he keeps his mouth shut, and waits to call out whoever is champ in July of 2017, no problem. But he didn't. He wanted the Bisping fight, so he put his name in the hat a year and a half before he would be ready.

Of course Bisping is going to duck challengers when a million dollar fight is on the table. If GSP simply wanted a MW title, he would have waited to face whomever was champ when he was ready to fight.

So here’s what I think went down

GSP was bored as shit at WW, lost drive and his performances suffered. Said f’it and hung them up.

Kept training and started putting weight on, was liking the weight was ready to fight.

Asks to come back @ 185 to find the fire back(rocksalt is champ at this time) negotiations don’t go well, crap stalls.

Bisping becomes champ , fight looks like it might happen. Stalls again.

Somewhere along the way in that time span GSP starts having problems keeping weight on and starts LOOSING weight. (Remeber those early pics where he was huge??)

That’s where the bloated stomach picks come from he’s eatjng everything in sight trying to keep from loosing weight.

Fights bisping, goes to dr.

You’ve got colitis son.

Still loosing weight.

So now he can’t keep that weight up, and knows if he can’t stay 205ish he’ll be at a serious disadvantage.

Now looking at what to do.

Defends against Whitaker coming into the cage 180 something. Not smart.

Goes back to WW, where he was already bored and no drive to fight a weak champ, that has no drawing power that no one cares about? Not to exciting.

But wait, he never LOST the WW belt, So technically it’s still his.

Dana says fight Conor for the 170 belt, tell wood he’s actually the interm champ. People go ballistic. UFC belts no longer mean shit.

Takes the Conor route and fights de la Hoya @ 165/70 , cashew huge check and bangs sistas from the club.

I can't wait for Whitaker to become the undisputed champion so we can have a real fighting, defending champ at 185 again

Back