GSP is looking like a LW

@fortheo he still looks lean and muscled in the low 180's.

He's not getting on a scale and making it read '155lbs' without shedding a lot of muscle and doing a hero water cut. At his age I have a hard time believing he wants to do something so dramatic.

Georges has too big of a build for lightweight.

165lbs, if it happened, I could see that no problem.

Barboza and alvarez look lean and muscled in the low 180's, poirier too and half of the LW division. He probably would diet down and lose a bit of mass, but a 5'10 180lbs man, who happens to be a consummate professional, can certainly make LW if he decides to. Especially for only one fight.

This is gsp next to a LW, and this is from when GSP was trying to get heavier

I'm confident that if he says he can make LW, then he can.

Last edited:
{<huh}

He didn't tease jack shit.

The interviewer asks him questions and he answers.
"i have the itch.... I don't have the itch anymore.... I will go back to fighting......" it took him years to finally come back. he's a mess

Still can't see it.

He said like 2 weeks ago on MMA hour that he weighed in the low 180s right now I believe.

So, similar to all other LW's? Khabib and Tony and Tibau and many others walk around heavier than that.

i don't see why he'd go to 155lbs to fight Khabib. Khabib is scary because of the weight division he fights in, he's not that scary to guys like Chris Weidman and Rockhold.

GSP is/was already the MW champ, i don't see what fighting a guy who is 2 weight classes below the weight class he just fought in is going to help his legacy. if he smashes Tyron Woodley, THAT would help his legacy.

Proving he can fight and be succesful at 155 would show the world that he chose to fight at WW rather than LW his whole career. Pretty ballsy. Im not sure he's going down to LW though so thats just speculation.

The guy he's wrestling is a 135lber.

He's said he's walking around near 180lbs lately, which is pretty normal for today's lightweights. I truly think he wants khabib to beat Ferguson, and then he wants to take khabib's 0 away from him and capture a third belt.

He said on MMA Hour he's walking around between 180-185 daily.
Has been doing intermittent fasting and a 24 hour fast 1x a week, which usually results in a big calorie deficit.

You seem like a retard.
he's definitely ducking Woodley but It is what It is.

Woodley is basically like a better, faster version of Hendricks with more power. GSP doesn't need to take fights like that at this stage of his career.

I don't have any beef with him chasing money fights

GSP getting ready for that Conor Fight. Both these guys living on legacy and wont fight best in thier former divisions. GSP been running from top WWs for 4 years. Conor been running from top LWs for 2 after gifted a shot.

Woodley is basically like a better, faster version of Hendricks with more power. GSP doesn't need to take fights like that at this stage of his career.

You should. If every fighter chased money fights there would be hardly any fights and UFC would crash. Thats whats happening more and more. Champs barley fight once a year. Contenders carefully manicuring their careers and don't fight.

It's like if one person throws his trash on the ground no big deal but when everyone starts doing it place looks like a dump. Thats UFC now. So you cant let even one slip through. Sets a bad example.

You should. If every fighter chased money fights there would be hardly any fights and UFC would crash. Thats whats happening more and more. Champs barley fight once a year. Contenders carefully manicuring their careers and don't fight.

It's like if one person throws his trash on the ground no big deal but when everyone starts doing it place looks like a dump. Thats UFC now. So you cant let even one slip through. Sets a bad example.
In the case of GSP, at this stage of his career. I don't. He's put In his years, he's getting up there In age, his legacy Is already secured. It's not like you make that same exception with everyone.

I get what you're saying, In this case I'm not gonna hate on GSP too much for wanting big fights. Not even a GSP fan or anything and have shit on him a fair amount over the years.

In the case of Conor, he needs to defend and also..the biggest fight / fight that makes the most sense In his case Is fighting Khabib. Without that, he loses respect and his reputation takes a hit..which effects his future earning potential.

Snoozely isn't a draw and just had some of the most boring title fights.

He nearly got beat by Wonderboy twice, lost to Rory McDonald and lost to Jake Shields (Who GSP beat)..

It's always the same thing. "Oh GSP doesn't want to face X fighter, he is a better version then the other guys that GSP beat before".

It was the exact same story when he was active. Yet he keeps winning every single time. Get the clue.

Prime Hendricks was a beast. He was 15-1 before he fought GSP. He would have completely fuckd Tyron up if they had fought.

GSP doesn't want to face Woodley for the simple fact that he isn't a money fight and adds nothing to his legacy.

Had Tyron been a draw and didn't have such queationable title defenses, GSP would have taken the fight.

Tyron is a tough fighter, but not someone GSP can't handle. There is just nothing to gain for him by taking that fight right now.

Last edited:
USADA = losing muscle mass
He definitely didn't fight at MW under USADA testing.

Definitely not.

He also definitely doesn't have a digestive disease, causing him to lose weight.

Definitely not.

Gsp isnt fighting khabib lmao. Gsp wants to wrestlef*** Conor for that big paycheck and no one else.
I don't think GSP would turn down the paycheck from a Conor fight.
I do think GSP wants to test himself against Khabib before he's done.

The only thing I see here is GSP's willing to study techniques although he mastered everything he can. It makes him even greater and fucking far ahead of everyone in entire history.

The only thing I see here is GSP's willing to study techniques although he mastered everything he can. It makes him even greater and fucking far ahead of everyone in entire history.
for sure he mastered the [eternal] guard-passing...

Back