GSP is looking like a LW

its fun to look back at bisping eating his words
mw8sWEC.gif
GSPHook.gif
gsp-bisping-choke-1185298.jpg

Being a big fan.... I just want to see him fight a few more times at 170. But knowing the UFC it will be Super-Fight with Mcgregor... If he doesn't fight Diaz again. #EXCITING ST PIERRE ERA !!!

When GSP was talking on the MMA hour about the kind of fight that interests him, he specifically said no to Conor--he's not interested in that fight. He wants a legacy fight, not a money fight, and Conor is just a money fight. He said something like, "in a few months, maybe there's a guy that everyone considers p4p number 1" he wants guys like that. He wants guys that do something for his legacy.

I think if khabib becomes a 26-0 LW champ, then being the first man ever to beat khabib and simultaneously the first man ever to become a champ in three different UFC divisions, is something that interests GSP.
Ya. Can see that.

Conor GSP is the fight.

I know Conor is not technically the 45/55 lb champ, And GSP doesn't technically own the 70/85 lb titles. But in a sense there are 4 belts on the line based on the notion each guy is coming off title winning performances in all 4 of the divisions. IF they did a 65 lb title you could make a weak argument that 5 belts are on the line.

Barboza and alvarez look lean and muscled in the low 180's, poirier too and half of the LW division. He probably would diet down and lose a bit of mass, but a 5'10 180lbs man, who happens to be a consummate professional, can certainly make LW if he decides to. Especially for only one fight.

This is gsp next to a LW, and this is from when GSP was trying to get heavier

I'm confident that if he says he can make LW, then he can.

Look at his back, shoulders and legs in motion and it makes more sense. He has a freaky long reach for his height, he's not the same 'build' as lightweight fighters. It's tough to just line two guys next to each other out of context and compare their size.

Watch Georges step on the scale to make it read 170lbs - look at his face and see that he's obviously completely dry. He's also devoid of fat and shredded. Over the years, its not uncommon for him to start drinking his recovery / hydration mix literally while on stage before the stare down.

GettyImages-98076123.0.jpg

Could you get 15lbs more off the guy above?

Yeah, you could.

for sure he mastered the [eternal] guard-passing...
When you have literally nothing to hate about the guy but you try anyway, it comes out like this.

Conor GSP is the fight.

I know Conor is not technically the 45/55 lb champ, And GSP doesn't technically own the 70/85 lb titles. But in a sense there are 4 belts on the line based on the notion each guy is coming off title winning performances in all 4 of the divisions. IF they did a 65 lb title you could make a weak argument that 5 belts are on the line.

booker%20t.0.jpg

all you Conor dick riders are out of your minds if you think Conor did all this yapping and media and floyd fights so he can ruin his own legacy by fighting gsp at any weight. if there is one thing Conor has taught us all, is that he is indeed not stupid.

thre wont be any gsp conor fight, simply because the Conman wont fight someone he truely doesnt believe he can whoop

uh. isnt it a record?
Which record, exactly? His record for most top 5 wins in MMA history? Most title defenses in the most stacked division? Most consecutive rounds won? Most strikes landed?

There's so many records. You gotta be specific here.

GSP-McGregor was supposed to happen after McG-Diaz 1 but Conor fucked it up by losing. The reason Dana hasn't (and won't) strip McGregor is because Conor is going to "drop" the 155 belt and fight GSP for the 165 belt.

Announcement coming soon (within 16 days).

The same Dana White that said there won't be any weight class changes over and over?Ok.

Gsp is a natural lightweight that has beaten welterweights and middleweights. GOAT

So he weighs 155 without dehydrating himself to make weight? If he doesn't, then he's not a natural LW.

You and other people on this site sound like fucking morons when you call people natural to a weight class when they cut and dehydrate to make that weight

Which record, exactly? His record for most top 5 wins in MMA history? Most title defenses in the most stacked division? Most consecutive rounds won? Most strikes landed?

There's so many records. You gotta be specific here.

Wow..Impressive... Thanx for the info, buddy,always good to learn.

I can see that. Khabib is an especially good matchup for GSP and one he should for sure wanna take. Ferguson isn't a horrible matchup for him either. It'd get him that big 3rd title, overtaking Conor's record. And of course, it'd get him the Conor fight in a 2m+ buys PPV.

Yep. The very same Dana White that said women would never fight in the UFC. That said the UFC absolutely is not for sale. That said GSP isn't coming back. I'll stop there but yes, we could go on and on....

You're the one saying what Dana was and wasn't going to do lol.The weight class changes aren't happening anytime soon,but I wouldn't mind if they did.125 up to 205 and over.They aren't going to rearrange it all right now it would mess everything up so I don't need to take Dana's word for it it just doesn't make sense.I'll av bet you on your it will be announced within 16 days thing.

Back