GSP isn't picking the easier fight

You're crazy if you don't think the excitement was there for those fights. The results may not have been exhilarating, but the hype was real.
Yeah, it befuddles me how people are able to forget or ignore the amazing hype and popularity that surrounded GSP.
I'm god damned amazed at seeing all these sherdoggers trying to claim no one even barely cared about him.

You're drunk. Name top 20 MWs outside of top 5, who would be a Vegas betting favorite against Bisping.
So true. With the top 5 it's a completely different story.
But BELOW the top 5, I don't think anyone would be a betting favorite

#6 Silva - Say what you will about the last fight, but people's confidence in Silva is getting significantly lower each year now. And one would assume Bisping wouldn't make the mouthpiece mistake again. Bisping would at least be a slight favorite.
#7 Brunson - Bisping would be a heavy favorite
#8 Gastelum - Kelvin could totally beat Bisping. But I still think he wouldn't be the betting favorite. At least not at this stage, when he's coming off a loss.
#9 - Branch - Bisping would be a heavy favorite
#10 - Uriah Hall - Bisping would be the favorite

And no one below the top 10 is even close to being a favorite.

Last edited:
This seems to be what some people are saying. For me, Woodley is a scrub, and Bisping, well Bisping is Bisping, whereas anyone in top 20 in MW division you would be hesitant to not favour against Bisping.

Even if Woodley is as good as some of you think he is, which I would heavily disagree with, prime GSP is just on a different level, no matter how Woodley thinks about his skills. I mean, I guess you wouldn't know if you weren't really around to see it, the excitment that GSP used to bring, mostly before he got ktfo by Serra, but he was something special. And I'd say he is still better than Woodley.

Some may compare this fight to Conor fighting Alvarez, who I thought was the easiest fight out of them all fights that was available back then, including featerweights, some of them, and I made a thread about it, if you don't believe me, it's not hindsight 20/20, and people laughed at me for saying that but where are they now. I thought some featherweights because match ups make fights, and funny how his 'fans' all but disappeared after that fight.

However, this isn't Conor vs Alvarez. This is a win - win fight like that fight for GSP AND Bisping, but GSP doesn't match up that well against Bisping. He's not the same size like Bisping, reach and weight, and Bisping actually have a good takedown defense, and I'm sure Sonnen would agree, Bisping beat Sonnen hands down.

Especially, after coming off a lay off and going up a weight class.

If GSP wins this fight, he should get all the credit in the world he deserves, unlike Conor winning against Alvarez, which for me was a gimme fight for Conor to look good.
Because he’s not McGregor.

Back