GSP makes a little person joke.

The only clueless ones are you and @SuperNerd. The fighters themselves talk constantly about fighter vs. athletes. GSP has been called an athlete not a fighter by plenty of pro fighters who know way more than any of you about fighting

https://www.mmaweekly.com/dan-hardy-gsp-is-an-athlete-not-a-fighter-2
http://fightnetwork.com/news/659229...-athlete-not-the-best-fighter-full-interview/

On the other hand, guys like the BJ Penn and Saku are constantly called true fighters or fighter's fighter by fighters themselves. The examples are too numerous to name so I'm not even going to bother linking. Who's ever called GSP a true fighter's fighter? The only thing fighters ever call GSP is "the epitome of an martial artist", that's what he is, an athlete and martial artist, according to fighters.

Who's the clueless one now? Do you have credentials in MMA that rival Bisping's? Do you know more about fighting than Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy?

In b4 you try to weasel out of this by claiming "Bisping is just talking trash". Keep digging your hole.
B eye.gif

Straight projection.

Nope, called it in advance.

I said you are unqualified to make the judgement, because of your lack of experience. That doesn't make everyone with fighting experience correct.

You think every single fighter in the world is going to say that about Georges? No, you don't. You're being a weasel and I'm not interesting in keeping you in a straight line.

Irrelevant, because based on your own logic, you are not qualified to judge any statement Bisping made on GSP. What remains fact is Bisping, a high level pro fighter, someone who is actually qualified to judge GSP, called GSP an athlete not a fighter, and you are not qualified to judge that statement. Just using your logic fam.

you are not qualified to judge.

What am I judging? I keep getting this. I am not attempting to judge any fighter. I am belittling your attempts to.

I've applied no more grandiose idea of a "real fighter" besides fighting for money.

Just using your logic fam.

Yes, Bisping is much more qualified to make an opinion than us. That doesn't make his individual interpretation correct.

You know that, but you're being a weasel.

What am I judging? I keep getting this. I am not attempting to judge any fighter. I am belittling your attempts to.

I've applied no more grandiose idea of a "real fighter" besides fighting for money.

But I'm merely echoing Bisping's statement, a statement you're not qualified to judge, from someone who is actually qualified to judge GSP, so what is the problem?

GSP is an athlete not a fighter, according to high level pro fighter qualified to judge GSP. There, happy?

But I'm merely echoing Bisping's statement

A day later.

You weren't echoing anyone's opinion besides your own.

I don't care on your final conclusion on GSP. I read posts I find stupid, every single day. I'm not trying to sway you, because we're talking about subjective parameters of a "real fighter". I think that discussion is stupid. Not even fighters have an agreed meaning. We might as well discuss our p4p rankings.

I like you, and it's the only reason I addressed this, when you try to say a UFC fighter isn't a "real fighter" it doesn't come from insightful place. It comes from negativity and arrogance.

GSP is an athlete not a fighter, according to high level pro fighter qualified to judge GSP. There, happy?

Much better. Still needs work.

A day later.

You weren't echoing anyone's opinion besides your own.

I don't care on your final conclusion on GSP. I read posts I find stupid, every single day. I'm not trying to sway you, because we're talking about subjective parameters of a "real fighter". I think that discussion is stupid. Not even fighters have an agreed meaning. We might as well discuss our p4p rankings.

I like you, and it's the only reason I addressed this, when you try to say a UFC fighter isn't a "real fighter" it doesn't come from insightful place. It comes from negativity and arrogance.

Much better. Still needs work.

Bisping calls GSP an athlete not a fighter, that's the most qualified statement we have on the subject. Deal with it.

Oh look, he got you short people all riled up over a petty comment.
Guess the angry manlet meme has some truth to it.
GSP is 5'10 which is manlet height.....Im 5'10 too, so it's ok....I can insult my own kind.

Just because GSP was able to tactically beat his opponents dosen’t mean he is a tough guy at all. He was never one who liked to get hit as you could see in the Serra fight.

Ive sparred with guys way tougher than GSP. Just because they don’t have the athletisim to fight in the UFC. Talking about toughness here. You either have it or you don’t. Gsp does not. He isn’t a real fighter.
“Isn’t a real fighter”
There’s that bullshit again. He’s stepped into the octagon numerous times and fought a murderers row at Welterweight from what I recall.
You can say he’s not a real fighter all you want but it doesn’t take away the fact that he’s beaten just about everyone put in front of him. As far as I’m concerned, he can fight and he fights smart.

Just because he doesn’t bang like Wanderlei or Perry doesn’t mean a damn thing.

because he doesn't enjoy it. just because you're good at it doesn't mean you're truly passionate about it.

did you hear Schaub talk about how Jackson made him talk GSP down because he kept telling Jackson, "why do i keep doing this? i don't want to go out there"

taking nothing away from GSP, he's the best WW ever, but you can't love something if you're deathly afraid of it. and if you don't love it, then it's not truly your passion.

i know many will take what i said as a slight to GSP, but if you think about it, it isn't. it's actually a compliment to GSP, because i'm essentially saying GSP is better than guys who are actually passionate about fighting. guys like Carlos Condit and Robbie Lawler LOVE fighting, they love it. they encourage the violence, they don't try to tame it like GSP does.
I see your point of view and I agree on some of it.
GSP is my favorite fighter because of his smarts and the way he would approach a fight but as far as killer instinct went, he didn’t have a whole lot. Earlier in his career he did but after the Serra loss, he became hesitant but smarter and more calculated.

He always struck me as the type to not want to hurt people but to do this as a sport, as a martial arts but never to harm people.

But, I think him fighting scared actually helped make his career more successful. Nobody wants to lose especially how he did against Serra so I’m glad he fought scared. Had he fought with no fear like Liddell, he could have ended up like him too. Who knows.

On Ali´s Words, SAKU GOAT & BJ are D2BG [Dared-2-Be-Great] badaassses.

They made BJ fight Machida, but the one he really asked was a true HW: Fujita.

SAKU GOAT Interview:
Sakuraba said after the fight with Victor Belfort, “I want to fight with a little stronger fighter”. (!)

SAKU GOAT: acknowledged that he was not happy to be forced to fight a lil fighter like Royler back then
[compare it to GSP´s resume:full of LW, even BW (Menjivar)]

Menjivar weighed in heavier than GSP. Sherk was the exact same weight as GSP.

You can say whatever you want about BJ and Sakuraba. They're great.

But they will never be as great as GSP and talked among the top GOAT.

Of course he is scurred.....He tapped to strikes when he faced one.

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

remoteImage-75.gif

D7270E61-1422-0E8C-9AADF142E151FF88.jpg
ref must of had money on the fight

Menjivar weighed in heavier than GSP. Sherk was the exact same weight as GSP.

You can say whatever you want about BJ and Sakuraba. They're great.

But they will never be as great as GSP and talked among the top GOAT.
Hey, U know that Menjivar was no WW, this was the sad life of lighter weight classes back in the days.And you know it, dont fool yourself. Same for Sherk, same for BJ.

It´s called keeping it real, and Ive noticed that y´all No Rush fans cant do it. Ive never seen anyone of ya just even thinking about criticizing your hero...

I can criticize mine: fightin´Royler was BS, and SAKU acknowledged it.

"But they will never be as great as GSP and talked among the top GOAT."

>Well, u know, it´s like your opinion, man. GOAT talk is about criterias, according to yours, it is what it is.
According to mine, it´s the opposite.

Lol at GSP move up. People who know the whole history of GSP and his MW talk know that Bisping was a cherry pick of the decade.

You can't even compare that to guys like BJ and Saku. Not even close. It's extremely impressive to see fighters challenge themselves vs bigger opponents. Bisping was a 1 eyed cherry that GSP could not resist. People who claim that move up as comparable to other brass balled warriors either don't know the history or have such favoritism that they just sound like trolls.
Much ballsier to call out smaller fighters to higher weight classes eh?

Saku would move up. BJ did move up. Cormier moved back up to fight record title defender. Anderson moved up 4 times, once on short notice to fight Cormier himself...

GSP took 7-8 years to move up for 1 month when it happened to be Bisping, then vacated.

It’s so cringeworthy when people compare GSP to others who take on huge challenges

Anderson moved up 4 times when it happened to be Irvin, Forrest, Bonnar and then DC when he had nothing to lose (no wins in 4 years)

That’s so impressive

Anderson moved up 4 times when it happened to be Irvin, Forrest, Bonnar and then DC when he had nothing to lose (no wins in 4 years)

That’s so impressive
It is very impressive compared to just doing nothing at the age of 32 and fighting 1 cherry picked fight.

Fight or don’t fight? I like fighters who fight.

It is very impressive compared to just doing nothing at the age of 32 and fighting 1 cherry picked fight.

Fight or don’t fight? I like fighters who fight.

Hahaha.

4 cherry picked fights is better than 1 I suppose

Hahaha.

4 cherry picked fights is better than 1 I suppose
Yes, fighters who fight more often are more appreciated by me for sure than sidelined guys who just like to stay in the news without fighting

Back