GSP vs Conor - So Conor can be MW Champ

Wait so now all of a sudden Conor has the worst TDD in the division? I'm no Conor fan, but I'd say that's kind of a stretch. What are we judging this by? His one fight with Mendes?

He got ragdolled by an undersized Mendes.

The Alvarez fight didn't really improve his stock in that regard, either. He defended a few weak attempts, all of which occurred after Eddie already had the fight knocked out of him.

In any case, TDD is certainly not a strength of his, which makes him especially beatable if GSP is anything close to his old self.

I think that is what the UFC is hoping for.

They are just waiting to see what happens. That is why there has been no fight set for Conor yet.

What do you think???

It's obvious the UFC are not waiting for Conor to fight a potential victorious 185 champ in GSP, just simply because the timing doesn't make any sense... if that was the case surely they would need Conor to find in the meantime. He can't just simply wait in the wings until after the GSP/Bisping fight is said and done, then wait the recovery period and then the hype/marketing period... Conor would be out of action for way too long surely?? Nice theory but timing doesn't seem to make sense? They're just going to keep Conor out of action this entire time?? I don't think so.

Firstly, Conor can't beat GSP. Secondly, GSP won't beat Bisping (and I like GSP a lot), and thirdly.... No.

This. This. And this some more...

He got ragdolled by an undersized Mendes.

The Alvarez fight didn't really improve his stock in that regard, either. He defended a few weak attempts, all of which occurred after Eddie already had the fight knocked out of him.

In any case, TDD is certainly not a strength of his, which makes him especially beatable if GSP is anything close to his old self.

I'm certainly no Conor fan either, but you seem to be utterly incapable of actually giving credit where it's due.

No matter the outcome of the first round, Mendes lost by KO... a clear, decisive KO... no one doubts that. To say McGregor was "ragdolled" by Mendes is like to say Anderson was "ragdolled" by Sonnen. The result is the only thing that matters. Mendes lost by clear TKO.

And you claim the Alvarez fight didn't improve his stock? Really?? The guy did what no other fighter in UFC history had done by unifying 2 belts. And no matter how much you try to discredit Eddie with claims of "weak attempts" and "already had the fight knocked out of him" is only adding further fuel to the McGregor fire. Eddie didn't dismantle himself did he. He wasn't a naive fighter, he was an experienced veteran champion who was utterly outclassed by a better fighter in McGregor.

Don't get me wrong, I think GSP beats Conor. But just had to respond to your initial points as I think you do a huge injustice to Conor's skills and achievements.

GSP too much for Conor standing... Lmao. He got lit up by the baby reached wrestler Hendricks and don't say it was "the threat of the takedown" because Hendricks can't do shit on the ground.
Someone doesn't like the truth. Hendricks hit 100x harder and had a good takedown game... back then.

Someone doesn't like the truth. Hendricks hit 100x harder and had a good takedown game... back then.
Takedowns that he could literally do nothing at all with lol. It also doesn't change the fact that he had 5 straight decisions pre USADA, if he hits so hard he must not be very precise with his strikes.

I'm certainly no Conor fan either, but you seem to be utterly incapable of actually giving credit where it's due.

No matter the outcome of the first round, Mendes lost by KO... a clear, decisive KO... no one doubts that. To say McGregor was "ragdolled" by Mendes is like to say Anderson was "ragdolled" by Sonnen. The result is the only thing that matters. Mendes lost by clear TKO.

And you claim the Alvarez fight didn't improve his stock? Really?? The guy did what no other fighter in UFC history had done by unifying 2 belts. And no matter how much you try to discredit Eddie with claims of "weak attempts" and "already had the fight knocked out of him" is only adding further fuel to the McGregor fire. Eddie didn't dismantle himself did he. He wasn't a naive fighter, he was an experienced veteran champion who was utterly outclassed by a better fighter in McGregor.

Don't get me wrong, I think GSP beats Conor. But just had to respond to your initial points as I think you do a huge injustice to Conor's skills and achievements.

You missed the point I was making. I'm not taking anything away from the fact that he won both fights, and decisively. I am attempting to illustrate that his TDD/ground game is a weak point for him, and this would be a significant liability against GSP.

You say "the result is all that matters." I disagree. The content of the fight, and the circumstances around the events of the fight can be very telling as well.

GSP would destroy McGregor at any weight class.

You missed the point I was making. I'm not taking anything away from the fact that he won both fights, and decisively. I am attempting to illustrate that his TDD/ground game is a weak point for him, and this would be a significant liability against GSP.

Ok I can totally get that point and agree with you there. Apologies if I misunderstood your original point.

You say "the result is all that matters." I disagree. The content of the fight, and the circumstances around the events of the fight can be very telling as well.

Yes. How the fighter in question handles himself during certain elements of the fight are very useful when assessing how he will handle an opponent with a different style (or higher ability) who will take further advantage of mistakes made in that specific area. So yes again I agree with you.

Apologies my friend I thought you were dismissing McGregor's chances completely, simply because of minor misgivings in previous fights. But I get you know and I think we're on the same wave length.

I think that is what the UFC is hoping for.

They are just waiting to see what happens. That is why there has been no fight set for Conor yet.

What do you think???
Go eat your fucking chicken nuggets before your mother starts bitching.

He told you he wants ALL THE BELTS.

Conor will beat Woodley and then GSP to become a 4 weight World Champ by 2019.
Then he'll have to take a long hiatus to bulk up for LHW and Heavyweight.
By that time Conor Jr. will be around 9 years old and prime & ready to demolish an old MidgetMouse and Necktat.

That's retarded. I don't even know if Conor can make 185 (he couldn't make 170 for the Diaz fights; He came in at 168 both times), and I don't see any sense in skipping the Welterweight Championship.

He said was well over 175 for the mayweather fight. Coming from the horse's mouth. LOL if you think he didn't cut weight for the Diaz fights.

The guy with the worst TD defense at 155 VS the best 170 MMA wrestler ever.

If GSP is anywhere close to his old form, Conor won't last long. Not to mention GSP has beaten more dangerous guys than Conor (BJ, Alves, etc).
curious what this is based on

Back