GSP vs Khabib is the biggest fight for Georges legacy

FastSmith7

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Imagine if he beats Khabib and McGregor, he will then be for me the greatest martial artist to ever live. Taking that 0 from Khabib and then beating UFCs poster boy in McNugget

Him beating Mcgregor means little for his legacy but a lot for his wallet.

If he became a 3-weight class champ being the 1 in 26 and 1 (IF Khabib beats Ferguson) then that would do a lot for his legacy.

Getting the WW belt back from Woodley would be significant.

The LW belt has been in such a mess, we don’t ned to add to that clown show.

Yeah beating a FW and a LW after the weakest MW champion in the past 15 years and not fighting the real number 1 MW doesn't paint GSP as an opportunist at all...

Imagine if imaginary scenario threads were wasteland right away? That'd be fucking sweet.

Imagine if imaginary scenario threads were wasteland right away? That'd be fucking sweet.
s-l640.jpg

Fight with Woodley would cement him even more as WW GOAT.

After that him vs LW champ between TOny, Khabib or Connor , who moves up.

It would be much bigger than even BJ vs GSP ( which was huge).

I just really don't think that going down in weight does anything for GSP's legacy. If Khabib were to move to up, establish himself as a dominant WW fighter with some top WW wins and remain undefeated then this fight would make sense for GSP.

Beating the winner of Whitaker/Romero would be the most impressive

No it isn't. GSP's legacy is long solidified. I would say beating bisping for the MW title barely added to it.

Nah right now it's probably Tyron. Recapturing the WW strap would mean a lot given the circumstances of how he left it. Add that I don't see anyone at ww who's stopping Tyron and it's a huge fight. If khabib beats Tony and gsp beats Tyron then yeah it's the fight to make but I doubt gsp can get down to 155 so khabib would have to come up and stall lw again after conor. No bueno

Never thought of this matchup

Can't really see georges getting too mauled for it to exclude considering

But he's not exactly freestyle

As long as GSP does not get caught by USADA he does not need anything for his legacy.

There's only one way GSP's legacy could be tarnished: after his anti-PED stance if he were to pop for PEDs.

Failing that, his legacy is frozen in carbonite. He could get KO'd in the first round in his next 3 fights it would make no difference to his 6 or 7 years of complete dominance of the WW division.

Same goes for Aldo--I think it's ridiculous for anyone to suggest anyone other than Aldo as the FW GOAT. I don't care how good someone looks (holloway/conor/ortega/whoever) until they do it for 10 years at the highest level they don't compare.

Back