GSP was top shape yesterday , didn't gas out in round 2

Hardcor'O'Death

Accurate Ranker
@Brown
Reaction score
Georges got a little bit slower in the second round after he get caught and Bisping survived the takedown but it's seems clear to me that the guy intentionally slow down his pace while Bisping begin to throw some aggressive shots.At the time he knew he wouldn't win the round, he concede the last minute but clearly was ok with his gas tank.The way he fight in the 3rd round prove my point, I don't remember seein someone gas out and suddenly turning red hot in the same fight.GSP is one of the most intelligent fighter and he prove it again yesterday

Last edited:
GSP really did impressed me I tought he is done.

Interesting if he can game plan against Whitaker. GSP is just fantastic. I will miss his talent and work ethic when he retires for good.

You mean he was playing possum at the end of round 2? And was intentionally fighting slow?

Seems unlikely but I hope that was the case.

He looked like he was gassing a little bit, he was breathing a little heavy from the mouth even the commentators noticed it.

Still had enough left though to finish the fight.

Georges got a little bit slower in the second round after he get caught and Bisping survived the takedown but it's seems clear to me that the guy intentionally slow down his pace while Bisping begin to throw some aggressive shots.At the time he knew he wouldn't win the round, he concede the last minute but clearly was ok with his gas tank.The way he fight in the 3rd round prove my point, I don't remember seein someone gas out and suddenly turning red hot in the same fight.GSP is one of the most intelligent fighter and he prove it again yesterday
GSP is the best ever and the GOAT.....but......he fucking gassed, bro and he looked like crap. When have we ever seen GSP get dropped/wobbled multiple tikme and take more damage in the gaurd than he did his whole career? This is what happens to GOATs: they are incredibly dominant for years (Fedor Nog), they don't ever even lose rounds, but then the margins of their dominance get smaller and smaller (Fedor Rogers), until they eventually lose (Fedor Doom). Is normal.

Pretty sure he was gassing. He missed some strikes and became awkwardly off balanced afterwards

Rogan’s commentary was extremely bias towards GSP’s cardio. Slowing down does not always mean gassing or fading. GSP was drained after be finished Bisping but that flurry would have gassed any pro MW fighter.

GSP is the best ever and the GOAT.....but......he fucking gassed, bro and he looked like crap. When have we ever seen GSP get dropped/wobbled multiple tikme and take more damage in the gaurd than he did his whole career? This is what happens to GOATs: they are incredibly dominant for years (Fedor Nog), they don't ever even lose rounds, but then the margins of their dominance get smaller and smaller (Fedor Rogers), until they eventually lose (Fedor Doom). Is normal.
Bisping landed two elbows that cut GSP. If he’s not cut your narrative is completely different.

GSP was never dropped nor wobbled multiple times. Yeah he did say in the post fight interview that he was stung by some of Bisping punches and that he tried to hide it but he never was dropped , not once.

To say that he gassed is one thing and i agree that he lost some juice mid 2nd round. By to say that he got dropped and wobbled multiple times is simply not true.

He spoke of this with Ariel last week. He said Bisping's corner had made some great changes in round two and he got tagged hard. Every time he started to go in Mike was countering well so he stepped off the gas for the rest of the round as being the aggressor wasn't working and he was waiting to hear what his corner would come up with for round three.

Which they did. Freddie figured what Bisping was doing and told GSP to go for the combo that dropped Mike and won GSP the fight..

Back