GSP: who did he train with?

LamaIronFist

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
One huge positive for GSP this time is that he did not have all his energy sucked in by the UFC media crews. I heard a few interviews from GSP in French years ago and he also said that the media pressure was a pain to deal with... though it helped his wallet ;-)

This time a ton of folks don't even know who he is and Bisping has made all the noise. This to me means that uncle George has been able to save his batteries more than ever before.

As we know he tends to bring some high caliber guys. I did not hear much about anything this time. I know that in Montreal he has access to some of his buddies like World champ boxers like Adonis Stevenson, etc.
Let me know if you heard about some quality guests he might have brought in.

Though Bisping's boxing might be a bit better, he is nowhere close to guys like Stephenson or some other tough dudes training in some of those Montreal boxing gyms. GSP will be able to stand all night with the Count.

GSP is pretty extreme. I liked it when he brought those Thai boxers from Thailand. They looked pretty sharp. I don't know who they were but I bet they might have been like world champ or something like that. Or might still be.

I remember GSP warning some guys at Tristar not to go balls to the walls against the main guy as he would knock them out on the spot if things got too heated. It was cool. They sent those Thai guys downhill skiing North of Montreal. They froze their ass pretty bad though it was not that cold.

I started reading but then realized I was too tired and about to doze off.

10/10 would barely read again

I started reading but then realized I was too tired and about to doze off.

10/10 would barely read again

11949718.jpg

Cool thread. Good to hear your thoughts on it all. I'm not sure if his striking will hold up as well as you think but I hope it does. I hope he embarrasses Bisping.

He was an extremely exciting fighter early in his career. Then he trained with Greg Jackson and became a boring, play-it-safe, point fighter.

he brought in jake shields.

Apparently GSPs submissiion game is in another level now but we'll see.

As far as his striking. I dont think it will get much better than it was before. Gsp should be able to hold his own on the feet with Bisping.

We saw it happen to Silva, Fedor, Aldo, Hughes, Chuck and now it's GSP's turn to show us all his ktfo face.

Why have a boxing coach in your corner? It's MMA brah

Freddie Roach, Jake Shields, John Danaher,

three respective combat sports geniuses.

Back