GSP would have been brutalized vs either

GSP v Whittaker is a good fight but I dont see anyway GSP beats romero.

In fact I was a little surprised GSP didn't defend his belt against Whittaker.

Not saying he would be the favorite, but it's a winnable fight for him. I think the odds would have been very close.

But GSP is small for MW.

How old is Yoel?
Yoel deserves a shot at Bisping didn’t he? Over GSP and Henderson? GSP deserves to take that right from Yoel and Jacare and Moose and Luke?
Age Is irrelevant. Yoel Is clearly still in his prime, why that Is, Is anyone's guess.

Fighters age differently.

GSP has competed for a long time and Is quite a few years past his prime.

Could he fight the best still? probably. He's likely not that far past his absolute peak. I don't think It's something that he has to do though. There's nothing left for him to prove, only thing left for him to do is make money.

That said, I'd take both of them against GSP..even In his prime.

How old is Yoel?
Yoel deserves a shot at Bisping didn’t he? Over GSP and Henderson? GSP deserves to take that right from Yoel and Jacare and Moose and Luke?
GSP would never take those fights. Ever

there's a reason why he moved down.

Not sure what you mean by "he deserves to take it from Yoel"

If he wanted to, It was always there.

No he wouldn't have because GSP would have ducked both.

You couldn't have gotten GSP into the octagon with them if you gave him the highest pay days of Conor and Ronda combined.

In fact I was a little surprised GSP didn't defend his belt against Whittaker.

Not saying he would be the favorite, but it's a winnable fight for him. I think the odds would have been very close.

But GSP is small for MW.
Because GSP would never take him down and he'd get beat the fuck up on the feet. It's really that simple.. Not sure why that Is such a difficult fight for people to analyse.

GSP Is not yoel on the feet and he's not the monster / threat that people think he Is there.

That said, there's no reason for GSP to take fights like that at this stage of his career. He's earned the right to move down In weight and take big fights / money fights.

GSP would never take those fights. Ever

there's a reason why he moved down.

Not sure what you mean by "he deserves to take it from Yoel"

If he wanted to, It was always there.

He didn’t deserve to hold up the MW division and ruin the lineal belt, no.

Bisping held the belt for 2 years and we had Romero, Jacare, Mousasi and Rockhold who all deserved a shot at the belt.

But GSP wanted to pretend that he was the best MW and become “champ champ”. So he signed a contract saying he would defend if he won.

GSP didn’t honor his contract and said he had colitis so he couldn’t defend. Meanwhile looking for other cherry picked money fights.

Sadly i think Romero would pummel GSP, but gsp really is a 170lber. Him winning the Mw title is already an amazing feat.

They both would have KOd him inside 2 rounds

GSP ran from MW for a reason

Georges isn't a dumb enough man to get in the cage with someone he couldn't beat at a higher weight class.

He looked like we thought he would in the comeback fight against Bisping, definitely not at the top of his game and still put Bisping to sleep. I don't think he would have won just because he's lost so much of his physical conditioning but brutalized? Naw. He would have taken Bobby down at least. Would have smacked Yoel around some even if he lost eating a huge bomb.

he beat bisping, but bisping was taking over in the later rounds as GSP was gassing, if bisping didn't get dropped i think he had a very high chance of winning against GSP.

When I was watching that fight last night, I was considering how it would go with GSP. Honestly, not counting size, GSP would have tooled both.

Georges beat every man he has ever faced. Betting agaisn't him shows you have a sub 90 IQ.

He (and his team) is a mater at game planning, I'm talking leagues beyond Couture type of game plan.

GSP with a full camp + game planning would be favorite agaisnt either one, he just has no interest since he's already the lineal MW champion. He's got one more big fight left in him, and that's either Kebab or Condolly at 155 for the belt, not sure Dana will do it though. Imagine... a 3x lineal Champ vanishing into retirement.

gsp is a welterweight who cherry picked a money fight with a fluke champion that has one eye.

Georges beat every man he has ever faced. Betting agaisn't him shows you have a sub 90 IQ.

He (and his team) is a mater at game planning, I'm talking leagues beyond Couture type of game plan.

GSP with a full camp + game planning would be favorite agaisnt either one, he just has no interest since he's already the lineal MW champion. He's got one more big fight left in him, and that's either Kebab or Condolly at 155 for the belt, not sure Dana will do it though. Imagine... a 3x lineal Champ vanishing into retirement.
GSP is a master game planner and there is no plan to beat any Middleweight not named Michael Bisping. That’s why he dropped the belt after 30 days and had an excuse ready to go. Part of GSP’s amazing iq is choosing winnable fights

he beat bisping, but bisping was taking over in the later rounds as GSP was gassing, if bisping didn't get dropped i think he had a very high chance of winning against GSP.
Exactly. His game plan included Bispings bad eye. He needed every advantage to win.

In no way was that an easy fight for Georges as others may say.
Skill wise yah prime GSP beats these 2 guys now eh not so much

GSP would've beaten both of those guys easily. Especially Romero, his style has nothing for GSP.

GSP is a master game planner and there is no plan to beat any Middleweight not named Michael Bisping. That’s why he dropped the belt after 30 days and had an excuse ready to go. Part of GSP’s amazing iq is choosing winnable fights

That's such a hypocritical thing to say. Before the Bisping fight there was a new thread every hour ''Bisping will MAUL GSP, he's way too big, MW isn't WW'', etc.

People said the same thing about Alves, Penn, Fitch, Hendricks, Shields, Diaz, Condit, etc. and GSP beat them all.

If GSP fights next people will say that Khabib will maul him. After GSP wins ''OMG ofc he wont thats a LW and hes a WW!'' ''Bisping had one eye!''

Wonderboy, a 170'er beat Whittaker. Romero is a LHW ( and GSP would still have a legit chance).

Dunno about that.

Funnily enough, I think he would have had the easiest time against Romero.

what? even the people who beat Romero didn't have an easy time with him. i think you're either overestimating MW GSP or underestimating the fuck out of Romero.

GSP had his hands full with 1 eyed Bisping. Romero is like 5 levels of athleticism above Bisping.

Back