Guide to the Boon Sport Shop in Bangkok 2010

I went in that store last March and walked out about 10,000 baht lighter! LOL They definitely have great quality goods. Scott told me the hooded punch mitts weren't great for humid climates because they don't dry quickly. They're awesome for where I live though.

Good stuff R.D.

I just came back from there a minute ago, and the guide is perfect I took the sky train from Phrom Phong/Emporium mall and it only took a minute to get to On Nut station. very easy to find also the motorbike taxi knew right away what I was talking about and it only cost 10 baht. The shop is awsome with much more reasonable prices then the other shops in Bangkok and you can also customize shorts there :)
Thx Ryukyu Damashi !

Wow great pics man. That shit is cheap as hell!!! But thank you for taking the time to put up pictures :wink:

Hilarious vimeo of you all getting dropped in the ring

Love my Boon gear!!!! Except I not a fan of the shin pads, my calves are to big for them!!!

I went in that store last March and walked out about 10,000 baht lighter! LOL They definitely have great quality goods. Scott told me the hooded punch mitts weren't great for humid climates because they don't dry quickly. They're awesome for where I live though.

Good stuff R.D.

Interesting comment since there used in Thailand a humid area

Interesting comment since there used in Thailand a humid area

What Scott means is the full hood like the Ringside or Fairtex punch mitts. They do not dry well and get stinky. The half hood Boon punch mitts dry fast but still protect your fingers.

IMG_0482.jpg

Could have done with this thread last year, could'nt find the boon store anywhere

Thanks Ryukyu!! This thread is the shit. Just ordered some Brown 16oz. trainers because of your thread. I'm really looking forward to probably sleeping next to them the first night I get them.. Hopefully the same thing won't happen in the ring although it's highly unlikely.

Thanks Ryukyu!! This thread is the shit. Just ordered some Brown 16oz. trainers because of your thread. I'm really looking forward to probably sleeping next to them the first night I get them.. Hopefully the same thing won't happen in the ring although it's highly unlikely.

Cool man! Do a review of them with pics for the Gear Review section.

I'll definitely give a review in a week or two.

Also, one question.... What do the characters mean on the "Boon" logo, if you don't mind?

Thanks for this thread, hopefully the prices are still the same. I will be checking this place out soon!

I should do an update soon. Some of the pictures have changed. The motorbike stand oohs different and On Nut is no longer the last stop.

I should do an update soon. Some of the pictures have changed. The motorbike stand oohs different and On Nut is no longer the last stop.

YESSS PLEASE do an update!!!!

Im headed there in about a month!!!

Don't forget a new pic of the price list too, please (if it's changed, that is).

Back