Guillermo Rigondeaux joins PBC and Al Haymon?

whoever it is better get him some fights. rigo doesn't have much time left.

Not interested in seeing Rigo fight again after his last fight.

Not interested in seeing Rigo fight again after his last fight.

Understandable, really. As someone who has always been a big fan, I don't have too much faith in what we're going to see from here on out (if there is even going to be a here on out; I'm pretty skeptical he ever fights again unless he's completely broke).

Can't blame a man for only fighting for money with little care for the sport (especially considering where he is from and so on), but it's a drag to see someone that talented never really deliver (outside the Donaire fight). Not that Rigo deserves all (or perhaps even much) of the blame for that.

Understandable, really. As someone who has always been a big fan, I don't have too much faith in what we're going to see from here on out (if there is even going to be a here on out; I'm pretty skeptical he ever fights again unless he's completely broke).

Can't blame a man for only fighting for money with little care for the sport (especially considering where he is from and so on), but it's a drag to see someone that talented never really deliver (outside the Donaire fight). Not that Rigo deserves all (or perhaps even much) of the blame for that.
arum and the media's assassination of Rigo's career is one of the biggest tragedies of boxing in the past few decades of the sport.

Well, he'll get lots of so-so matches from the PBC stable, and for Rigo, who is on the backside of his career, that is probably good for building a retirement nest-egg.

Either that, or Big Al feeds Rigo to every prospect in his weight class in order to build them up.

Rigo was one of my favourites - in terms of appreciating talent - but he just won't get back to the top of the rankings. If he does, somehow, call me a happy man. But I've seen enough boxing to know the patterns.

Rigo himself is also the blame
yeah, he's definitely not innocent. Still, it felt like Arum, Dan and the rest of the media really just had a grudge against him and were set on saying bad things about him, regardless of if it held up.

I'll say though, he definitely could ahve been more creative with looking for matches.

Back