Guilty or not, Jones did this to himself

savantor

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I seriously enjoyed watching the UFC press conference and banter between Jones and D.C. leading up to UFC 214.

D.C. Went hard at Jones for his past transgressions but Jones not only stood up to him, but took PRIDE in his ability to fuck around with illegal substances only the week before destroying the second best LHW, maybe ever.

Now im thinking that I f I'm a new owner with billions invested in the sport, I'm scared to death about what this type of attitude might be teaching our kids, the possible backlash from people in power and the general public who work very hard to keep athletes clean and sober.

How can the sport grow, let alone survive when maybe the best ever, is such a wild card rebel whose natural ability allows him to break all of the rules and do all the shit you shouldn't do, and still kick ass?

Although I respected Jones honesty in speaking his mind and standing up to his opponent, I couldn't help but think that to do so in such public and controversial way, Mr. Jones was digging his own grave in the sport.

Although I respected Jones honesty in speaking his mind and standing up to his opponent, I couldn't help but think that to do so in such public and controversial way, Mr. Jones was digging his own grave in the sport.

You're not digging any grave by admitting to do coke or other recreational drugs. That could even be considered cool.

You're digging your own grave by using actual PED's and cheating.

I have been a big fan and defender of Bones but given his history of recklessness, risk taking and the suspicion of previous use of PEDs, I suspect he's been using the entire time. If that's the case, just look at how that may have changed Cormier's legacy.

Cormier was almost on par with Bones in each fight and if PEDs were the difference (very possible), He may have robbed Cormier of GOAT status.

Cormier was an undefeated HW who has only lost to Bones. If he had won that first fight, he'd be known as the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

You're not digging any grave by admitting to do coke or other recreational drugs. That could even be considered cool.

You're digging your own grave by using actual PED's and cheating.

But what if he didn't actually intend to take a PED? What if this time he really tried to do everything right? Who the fuck is going to believe him now?

I seriously enjoyed watching the UFC press conference and banter between Jones and D.C. leading up to UFC 214.

D.C. Went hard at Jones for his past transgressions but Jones not only stood up to him, but took PRIDE in his ability to fuck around with illegal substances only the week before destroying the second best LHW, maybe ever.

Now im thinking that I f I'm a new owner with billions invested in the sport, I'm scared to death about what this type of attitude might be teaching our kids, the possible backlash from people in power and the general public who work very hard to keep athletes clean and sober.

How can the sport grow, let alone survive when maybe the best ever, is such a wild card rebel whose natural ability allows him to break all of the rules and do all the shit you shouldn't do, and still kick ass?

You lost me at natural ability

You lost me at natural ability

If you think Jones is a cheater, then that's fair. But what if he isn't? At least not intentionally. How can he ever recover from this situation?

The Matt Hamill dq is so so much more sweeter now<{anton}>And I saw a thread trying to petition to remove that loss from his record<3>To all the supporters of that thread.

But what if he didn't actually intend to take a PED? What if this time he really tried to do everything right? Who the fuck is going to believe him now?

No one, unless he's got solid proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back