Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

tumblr_o0ebseMyWe1qg39ewo1_500.gif

She put it on the wrong end.

... Hmm ...

Got an 870 in my closet just in case the world decides to jump off.

The first gun I was given was an 870 my grandfather bought me. I am going to have it sent into Wilson Combat for a full fix up with tactical bling and sparkles.

As well, I tried to order a Beretta 1301 Tactical from a local gun store in the State where I have a drivers license, but alas, it was out of stock.

I will be back in Hong Kong in a few weeks and have to wait until summer to get one and mow down my imaginary cardboard enemies.

The Freedom Group is the correct answer, as posters have already noted. Anybody who remembers the Marlin take over can attest to the shit quality of the firearms they produce.

They takeover a company to use the name until they run the reputation into the ground.

Somewhat away from topic directly, I'm sad about Remington doing rough financially as they're a name I grew up with as one of the most trusted and knowledgeable manufacturers

But the vast amount of competition in the gun industry has been fantastic for us consumers. Really a capitalists' wet dream. Quality is going up, innovation left and right, and prices going down on anything (not the literal gun, but the action and features) 4 or more years old

I don't see any prices that have gone down. A replacement barrel that I purchased new for $97 in 1998 is now $300. Winchester AA ammo that I purchased for $3.50 a box is now $9.98 a box.

I have a 700bdl from the mid 90s in 270 that I hunted really hard with for a long time. It shows it’s age but a few months ago I handled a brand new bdl and it just wasn’t as nice, not by a long shot.

Exactly.

The first gun I was given was an 870 my grandfather bought me. I am going to have it sent into Wilson Combat for a full fix up with tactical bling and sparkles.

As well, I tried to order a Beretta 1301 Tactical from a local gun store in the State where I have a drivers license, but alas, it was out of stock.

I will be back in Hong Kong in a few weeks and have to wait until summer to get one and mow down my imaginary cardboard enemies.
Maybe I'm more sentimental than most but I would never alter a gun I received from my dad or grandfather besides maybe updating the scope or taking it in to get re-blued and stuff.

Like, I was debating sending my Springfield 1911 with WWII style GI sites to Nighthawk to customize it and talked myself out of it.

Maybe I'm more sentimental than most but I would never alter a gun I received from my dad or grandfather besides maybe updating the scope or taking it in to get re-blued and stuff.

Like, I was debating sending my Springfield 1911 with WWII style GI sites to Nighthawk to customize it and talked myself out of it.

I could understand that, but I know what they will do with the frame of the gun will make sure that it lasts until my grandchildren, God willing, come to be.

I have a very irrational desire to own a .375 H&H; I like the history behind it and there's something to be said about having continent-wide lethality. That said, I don't have a use for one currently and I may never ever. It's a nice idea, but in reality hard for me to justify, based on my situation.

I have a few 375HHs. It is a very versatile and useful cartridge.

I'm getting into SOME predator hunting (black bear this spring) and would like to get a moose hunt some day and 30-06 is bordering bare minimum for something that big.

A .375 H&H would allow me to go blacktail, white tail, mule, moose like... everything hunting.

Granted, my dad already has a .300 WinMag that will be mind someday but still.

Nah. 30-06 and 308 are perfectly acceptable for moose and bear hunting. 375 is just good if there’s a chance of angry bears in the area.

Nah. 30-06 and 308 are perfectly acceptable for moose and bear hunting. 375 is just good if there’s a chance of angry bears in the area.
I want one still though!

My AR-10 is quickly becoming an MK11 clone.

I could understand that, but I know what they will do with the frame of the gun will make sure that it lasts until my grandchildren, God willing, come to be.
Do they offer that sort of service on Mossberg 500s?

My dad has a Mossy 500 cruiser that, let's just say, is a fucking rattling nightmare but I love it.

Do they offer that sort of service on Mossberg 500s?

My dad has a Mossy 500 cruiser that, let's just say, is a fucking rattling nightmare but I love it.

I don't think Wilson Combat does work on Mossberg's (not 100% certain,) but VangComp might.

You may consider shooting them an email.

https://vangcomp.com/

benefit of working in a gun store is getting to see first hand why a company is about to die. getting remington firearms with rust straight from the factory is a big reason as to why i mock them. Id NEVER pay the money for a 700 today. for a few bucks more you can get a Tikka or Vanguard that will absolutely shoot rings around a 700 all day long. straight from the box

Since there are a lot of enthusiasts who no doubt carry concealed, I have a question for fellow War Room gun enthusiast.

What is your everyday carry?

Mine varies between:

- Just hanging around, Ruger LCP II or Ruger LCRx

- Just going around the countryside, Ruger LCRx, or if lazy LCP II again

- Just going around a place with more people that might be a target for trouble, Walther PPS M2 (Or the original PPS when in Colorado under the same circumstances, or the 3" LCRx)

- Just going around a big event or really sketchy place, Walther PPQ M2

I want one still though!

My AR-10 is quickly becoming an MK11 clone.

For sure, you should absolutely get one. Just saying if I was headed out to hunt any of the animals you mentioned and all I had was a 30-06 with a vx2, I wouldn’t worry at all.

I get what you're saying and I agree that Savage magazines as well as a ton of other parts of the gun are shit. The floating bolt head makes the gun a rattle trap and the channeling on their stocks has been uneven on virtually every Savage I've handled. But they've all shot well. I was actually curious to see if you had any firsthand experience with one on a hard hunt in Alaska or something.

That said, detachable magazines are pretty desirable around here; it's illegal to transport a loaded firearm, so being able to pop a magazine into the gun once you exit the truck/quad/dismount a horse can be handy.

I’ve never used one on a tough hunt but I have shot the lightweight hunter model and it is accurate but I think it’s like an 800 dollar rifle, there’s just other things I’d spend my money on.

I’ve never used one on a tough hunt but I have shot the lightweight hunter model and it is accurate but I think it’s like an 800 dollar rifle, there’s just other things I’d spend my money on.
For a while, I did want one (Savage Lightweight Hunter) after some initial buyer's remorse over my Scout, but they were hard to find up here and I rationalized away many other purchases since then.

Since there are a lot of enthusiasts who no doubt carry concealed, I have a question for fellow War Room gun enthusiast.

What is your everyday carry?

Mine varies between:

- Just hanging around, Ruger LCP II or Ruger LCRx

- Just going around the countryside, Ruger LCRx, or if lazy LCP II again

- Just going around a place with more people that might be a target for trouble, Walther PPS M2 (Or the original PPS when in Colorado under the same circumstances, or the 3" LCRx)

- Just going around a big event or really sketchy place, Walther PPQ M2
Right now/

- Full size 1911 in a Galco Miami holster. Yes, I still carry this mostly cause it's the first pistol I owned, I have the most time on it, and I'm comfortable wearing it and walking around with it in condition 1.

- Glock 23 converted to 9mm. I WANT a 26 or a straight up 19 just cause the more you change on a gun the more things that COULD go wrong.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back