Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

Since there are a lot of enthusiasts who no doubt carry concealed, I have a question for fellow War Room gun enthusiast.

What is your everyday carry?

Mine varies between:

- Just hanging around, Ruger LCP II or Ruger LCRx

- Just going around the countryside, Ruger LCRx, or if lazy LCP II again

- Just going around a place with more people that might be a target for trouble, Walther PPS M2 (Or the original PPS when in Colorado under the same circumstances, or the 3" LCRx)

- Just going around a big event or really sketchy place, Walther PPQ M2

Glock 20 baby!

Since there are a lot of enthusiasts who no doubt carry concealed, I have a question for fellow War Room gun enthusiast.

Mine varies between:

- Just going around a place with more people that might be a target for trouble, Walther PPS M2 (Or the original PPS when in Colorado under the same circumstances, or the 3" LCRx)

Glock 20 in a gunfighters inc kenai holster or a ruger redhawk 44mag with a 4.2” barrel in a diamond custom hip holster.

Mine varies between:

in the woods/hunting 1911 10mm
everyday? VP9sk
rare times when i need slimmer smaller profile (church, beach, summer when its Hot af) walther ppk

Right now/

- Full size 1911 in a Galco Miami holster. Yes, I still carry this mostly cause it's the first pistol I owned, I have the most time on it, and I'm comfortable wearing it and walking around with it in condition 1.

- Glock 23 converted to 9mm. I WANT a 26 or a straight up 19 just cause the more you change on a gun the more things that COULD go wrong.

1911's are awesome.

I'm too much of a Nancy to carry one though on a regular day, that's a lot of gun.

It's heavy as shit an I only get 7 shots.

It's obviously not ideal.

Heavy I am never into, however, if you can hit what you aim at 7 shots is not too shabby.

I'm content with 5 shots of .38 special and no reloads most of the time.

For 95% of the trouble I might run into and can actually handle, that should be enough.

Anything more and it's too heavy/bulky and I won't carry it most places.

Heavy I am never into, however, if you can hit what you aim at 7 shots is not too shabby.

I'm content with 5 shots of .38 special and no reloads most of the time.

For 95% of the trouble I might run into and can actually handle, that should be enough.

Anything more and it's too heavy/bulky and I won't carry it most places.
I'll be honest my truck on the other hand is a bit different.

Usually have a spare mag or two of whatever I have that day (with the 1911 I have a 10 rounder Chip McCormack mag) as well as a couple knives stashed away.

The knives are mostly in case I have to cut my seatbelt cause of a wreck/smash out my own window and shit. I have no doubt I'd never reach them in time if someone were attacking me.

It's heavy as shit an I only get 7 shots.

It's obviously not ideal.
I got 8+1 with mine. It's nice and slim, which is my big plus for it. For being a full size handgun it conceals nicely.

I got 8+1 with mine. It's nice and slim, which is my big plus for it. For being a full size handgun it conceals nicely.
That's my favorite part of it too.

Also, the ergonomics of the 1911 are super simple but they feel so damn good in hand.

What's the Walther appeal?

Pros in my opinion: Very, very reliable just as a Glock, slightly better aesthetics and comfort (although quite debatable, I would say much more comfortable to shoot, I think a few might agree but that opens a whole load of subjective drama), and in the same price range. As well, and a big one for me, Walther's have very good triggers. They tend to aim well down range too with good sights.

Cons: May add an ounce or two of weight say between the Glock 43 and PPS M2, that is a big deal for some folks.

I highly respect Glock, but find Walther to have everything I would look for in a Glock in terms of performance with better bells and whistles.

However, trust me, there is certainly a whole other line of thought and a lot of people love Glock for good reason.

I'll be honest my truck on the other hand is a bit different.

Usually have a spare mag or two of whatever I have that day (with the 1911 I have a 10 rounder Chip McCormack mag) as well as a couple knives stashed away.

The knives are mostly in case I have to cut my seatbelt cause of a wreck/smash out my own window and shit. I have no doubt I'd never reach them in time if someone were attacking me.

What kind of knife do you carry?

I usually carry a Buck Marksman or my favorite knife, a "gentlemans" Benchmade flipper (I forget the name) that I added some sleek grip tape too.

If I'm out in the deep countryside, where there might be an over eager pitbull about, or else in the rare bad neighborhood, I carry a punch-knife. Punch daggers are wicked.

Pros in my opinion: Very, very reliable just as a Glock, slightly better aesthetics and comfort (although quite debatable, I would say much more comfortable to shoot, I think a few might agree but that opens a whole load of subjective drama), and in the same price range. As well, and a big one for me, Walther's have very good triggers. They tend to aim well down range too with good sights.

Cons: May add an ounce or two of weight say between the Glock 43 and PPS M2, that is a big deal for some folks.

I highly respect Glock, but find Walther to have everything I would look for in a Glock in terms of performance with better bells and whistles.

However, trust me, there is certainly a whole other line of thought and a lot of people love Glock for good reason.

I've just got a PPX. Don't really dig it. I'm a CZ guy.

What kind of knife do you carry?

I usually carry a Buck Marksman or my favorite knife, a "gentlemans" Benchmade flipper (I forget the name) that I added some sleek grip tape too.

If I'm out in the deep countryside, where there might be an over eager pitbull about, or else in the rare bad neighborhood, I carry a punch-knife. Punch daggers are wicked.
My on person knife is a Benchmade Griptillian.

My in the truck for everything knife is a Hogue fixed 5" blade.

I've just got a PPX. Don't really dig it. I'm a CZ guy.

I can't fault CZ. They make a great handgun.

I'll probably buy a PC-10 someday, but I already in danger of having too many guns.

And I'm a firm believer if you have a gun for every need that suits you, you should only have a couple so they are always accounted for and in a safe place.

I can't fault CZ. They make a great handgun.

I'll probably buy a PC-10 someday, but I already in danger of having too many guns.

And I'm a firm believer if you have a gun for every need that suits you, you should only have a couple so they are always accounted for and in a safe place.

P-10C? Yeah, just got one. Haven't shot it yet. Feels great! Trigger is damn nice for striker-fired.

Too many guns? Yeah, I know the feeling. :( But that's why I have two safes. :cool::D

Back