Gunnar Nelson vs Darren Till Likely to Main Event UFC London Mar 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
ok thompson is a bit of a stretch, but htere was masvidal, usman, ponzi scheme. but they gave him gunnar, doesn't make much sense. guess they don't want to risk him at all. still, if you're gonna put him against a guy coming off a loss, why not perry? problem is he's not even in the top 15....
Masvidal is the only on there I'd take over Gunnar to be honest. Gunnar has superior grappling and is a tough fight for anyone looking to make their name at WW. I wouldn't want Till v Ponzi/Usman because I wouldn't want to kill off a hot prospect.

No Bisping. Interesting. Either he really is going to retire on the Gas loss or is just waiting for one more big fight to go out on.

https://sports.yahoo.com/michael-bisping-cusp-retiring-headlining-ufc-london-182709490--mma.html

It seems like he's gonna retire on the loss. tbh i'd rather he retires right now too. there's no need to take more punishment, he could have a special segment to retire on the cage and leave the gloves in england and it would be ok.

Gunnar's been fighting in the UFC for more than five years, and against first-rate competition. If he's not ready to take on someone like Till, he should retire.
Bullshit. Till is an elite killer I guess 90 percent of the roster should retire because they aren't as good.

Everyone is too damn high off the Cerrone win.. Till has 1 finish in his last 4 UFC fights, fighting less than stellar competition other than Cerrone. Gunni has only been finished once and that was after he was poked in the eye badly. This fights closer than you guys think. Don't forget Gunni subbed Thatch, Tumenov and Jouban all rather easily.

Can someone please tweet him and ask him why it's not Ponz, and why it's the fucking guy Ponz just knocked dead when there are plenty of alternatives

Gunnar's one of those dudes I always think might turn the corner, but never does.

Can someone please tweet him and ask him why it's not Ponz, and why it's the fucking guy Ponz just knocked dead when there are plenty of alternatives

Ponz took quite a lot of damage in the Perry fight.

Gunnar could possibly drag him down and sub him but Gunnars kindve small for the division and well, darren tills a fookin lhw. Darren Till will smash his head in with nasty bows. I like gunnar but he should move down to lw.

this isn't a bad matchup for Gunnar at all quite honestly. His karate style will allow him to hang on the feet long enough to mix up his game / get the fight down.

Expecting the odds to be massively favouring Till, which makes Gunnar a really solid underdog bet.

Let not forget that Gunni was slapping Ponzi around the Octagon before Ponzi McEyepoke went all Pokey McPokeson

Gunnar-Nelson-Eye-gouge.png

Bisping has apparently been offered a fight on this card.....

"There’s a fight in the works for myself, and I’ve got until the end of the day to tell the UFC whether or not I’m taking it," Bisping said on his podcast Believe You Me, as transcribed by MMA Fighting. "There’s an offer that’s been made to me, and all fairness to the UFC, I’ve been kind of taking my time to give them an answer so I’ve got until the end of the day to give them an answer.
I like Bisping and I want him to get his London farewell fight but it's rushed given how his last two fights ended.

Everyone shut the hell up about him fighting Wonderboy, a guy doesn't come into the UFC, beat one gatekeeper like Cowboy, then get thrust into a number one contender fight.

Jesus, some of you are fucking dense.

Why is #7 ranked Till calling out #13 ranked Gunnar and coming off a loss?

It's a lose/lose situation for him. This is even stranger than him calling out Mike Perry.

If he really wants a title shot then he should be calling out everyone in the top 5.

Why is #7 ranked Till calling out #13 ranked Gunnar and coming off a loss?

It's a lose/lose situation for him. This is even stranger than him calling out Mike Perry.

If he really wants a title shot then he should be calling out everyone in the top 5.
It was Gunni that asked to fight Till.

It was Gunni that asked to fight Till.

Didn't Till say he was interested in fighting Gunnar after not getting the wonderboy fight?

Not sure why the UFC would offer Gunnar the fight/contract if Till never expressed any interest in the fight.

I don't like the matchup for Gunnar, if he got murked by The Ponz what does he think will happen here against a bigger guy?

Back