Gunnar's BJJ off his back

how lame do you have to be to hate a whole gym of fighters because you don't like Conor? Gunnar is a cool ass dude, was a fan before I knew who the fuck that guy conor was.

Not true. Dont put your words to my post. I like Conor fights, only dont like his pre-fight antics. Artem is a warrior a was not finished long time age. Gunnar is a silent cool dude, but whole SBG guys are not good on bottom and thats it. Everybody was schooled by offensive wrestling.

He will never win a title. He looks exactly the same as he did years ago. His striking has a lot of holes. His chin is alright. His BJJ is good but his wrestling isn't good enough to deal with the top wrestlers of the division. His bottom game wasn't great. Imagine if that was Colby, Usman, or Woodley on him instead of Oliveira.

Yeah he's much like RDA in that he's a top game jiu jitsu guy, except that his jits off his back is worse than RDA's, cowboy Oliveira was smashing him from the top. That's why it was hilarious when Conor nuthuggers were saying Gunni would beat Khabib. Is he gonna sub Khabib off his back?

Yeah, I'm just hoping he'll get to the point where maia was at: where nobody wanted to grapple with him period.

But as of right now I can see many fighters taking gunnar down and being just fine on top. I'll need to see more of him working off bottom before I change my opinion. It was still a solid performance, though.

He did swept Maia, I think he’s not a close guard player, some training with Maia will benefit, but more than anything, train down
God damn wrestling! If he ever gets as good at maias using butterfly and half guard, guys wills just stand back up and disengage... when you are that good off your back, you will need to force people to grapple with you, other ways you will need to outstrike them. Maia hasn’t shot a single attack off his close guard in centuries, but everyone lnows trying to punch him from top half is a recepee to get him on top, and once he’s on top, the other dude isn’t getting up

Back