***Gurdarshan "Saint Lion" Mangat SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for Brave Combat Federation Bantamweight, Gurdarshan Mangat! He will answer your questions LIVE on FRIDAY the 17th of March at 9:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Gurdarshan Mangat is the one of the top Bantamweight prospects fighting outside of the major organizations as well as one of the top if not the top Indian fighter in MMA. His most recent win came by way of RD2 TKO against Troy Bantiag at BCF 2 on December 2nd.

15492249_1239658542784679_3520197677163712700_n.jpg

Gurdarshan is an Indian Canadian who trains out of AMC Kickboxing & Pankration(most notably known for Demetrious Johnson & Matt Hume). He has also trained at Tri-Star gym. Gurdarshan holds a 9-1 pro MMA record along with a 6-2 amateur record. He's currently riding a 5 fight winning streak. As far as excitement goes, Saint Lion always delivers as only 2 of his 10 professional bouts have gone to decision(5 submission wins & 2 KO/TKO wins).

Follow him here:

Twitter: @saintlion
Instagram: saintlion
Facebook: Gurdarshan Gary "Saint Lion" Mangat

hey whats up. question. you use to train here at tristar in beautiful montreal. why did you decide to change camps and do you ever plan on going back?

Are you a fan of womens mma , and if so who is your favorite fighter? Thanks for your time!!!

Cricket is very popular in India, just wondering, are you fan and have you ever played it?

Who is your favorite Brazilian fighter?

hey whats up. question. you use to train here at tristar in beautiful montreal. why did you decide to change camps and do you ever plan on going back?

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with camps, Tristar is amazing! and i still have ties with them, whenever I go visit Montreal, Coach Firas has always had an open door policy for myself and I'm very grateful of that. It was more so the financial situation for myself and being able to focus on training wen there was so much else going on outside the gym. In Montreal , I had no family , i didn't speak French fluent , so to even get a job of any kind was tough . I was there for one reason and that was to train with the best but fights kept falling through and financial resources went dry and there was decisions I had to make . In Vancouver, I can train and work at the sometime so it gives me more of a peace of mind to excel at my craft than always thinking where the next meal is coming from or how i will pay my rent. I do plan on making trips there, my fiancee is from Montreal and so i will be making short trips down there in the future.

Hey mate, random question

If you could be the owner of one finish in MMA history which one would it be?

My choice would be Paul Daley's knockout of Scott Smith

hey GARY!!!

whats your favorite fight?

Not sure if you are asking of my own or of all time... I watch so many fights , boxing, kickboxing, mma, always studying movements and combinations. Lately, i would have to say McGregor vs Diaz 2. Just being there in that atmosphere and feeling the back and forth was unreal. Was such a high pressure situation and lived up to it in everyday, another one would be Cruz vs Garbrandt, 2 different styles and amazing film to study. But i got long list of favourites.

Who is your favorite Brazilian fighter?

Brazilians are legends of MMA , someone I call my mentor, big brother and the OneFC bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes. Outside of that, I have to say Jose Aldo , Anderson Silva, Jacare. Crazy thing is that Bibiano, Jose, Jacare all from same city , which makes me want to know that whats in that water over there cause it creates killers from nothing.

Hey, Gary first and foremost, a belated congrats on the most recent win, and thanks for taking the time to chat.

As a Canadian, your current leader and former boxer has shown to have one of the most suspect chins in world politics. If you were to get him in the ring, how would you see a bout of good old fashioned fisticuffs playing out? Some of your Canadian fans would be very interested in hearing when it ends and how.

@Bald1 @HereticBD @RhinoRush @irish_thug

Thank you for having me on here!
Thanks for stopping by :D
I find it interesting how all your subs are Rear-Naked Chokes, even from your amateur days.. when we gonna see you get an armbar? :p

Hey mate, random question

If you could be the owner of one finish in MMA history which one would it be?

My choice would be Paul Daley's knockout of Scott Smith

Prolly that Edson Barbosa Kick on Terry Etim or Anderson Silva Front Kick to Vitor Belfort

Welcome to Sherdog @Gurdarshan Mangat and thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

How did you get your nickname Saint Lion?

Hey, Gary first and foremost, a belated congrats on the most recent win, and thanks for taking the time to chat.

As a Canadian, your current leader and former boxer has shown to have one of the most suspect chins in world politics. If you were to get him in the ring, how would you see a bout of good old fashioned fisticuffs playing out? Some of your Canadian fans would be very interested in hearing when it ends and how.

@Bald1 @HereticBD @RhinoRush @irish_thug

hahahaha thats awesome. Not many leaders out there that have that as a background so impressive definitely. Trudeau is a great man and I'm sure this questions might be coming from the opposition lol. I know the secret service gotta protect those good looks of his so doubt they let me have something clean. since I'm south paw, slap lead hook and a 2 right down the middle should do the trick with a livershot before I exit hahaha then Id shake his hand and we donate all proceeds to charity.

Alright, man.... I gotta know.... When & who's your next fight? UFC debut?? Come on! :p

Thanks for stopping by :D
I find it interesting how all your subs are Rear-Naked Chokes, even from your amateur days.. when we gonna see you get an armbar? :p

I take what I see and those necks always expose themselves, and wen I do my arm finds its way around it and its good night from there. I see opportunities, they give me openings and I just take them but I been working a lot on my jits game with 10th planet black belt Nabil Salaemh and bibiano so theres a lot of tricks I have but I'm there to get the job done and use the quick tools i got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back