Gus doesn’t even deserve a title shot

Brit_Brawler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I’d really love to know why gus believes he is so deserving of a title shot and is acting so high and mighty?

Lets take a look-

1) Only fought once last year?- check

2)Only fought once the year before? -check

3)only fought twice the year before that and lost them both ( Cormier and Johnson ) check.

Am I missing something?

The guy hasn’t fought more than twice in one year since 2011 and has basically fought once a year most of the time.

He’s 3-3 in his last 6 fights and those 6 fights have taken him almost 5 years to compete.

Last edited:
LHW is so weak right now, it wouldn't surprise me if he does get a title shot..

True, but is anyone in the lhw division deserving of a title shot?

I’d really love to know why gus believes he is so deserving of a title shot and is acting so high and mighty?

Lets take a look-

1) Only fought once last year?- check

2)Only fought once the year before? -check

3)only fought twice the year before that and lost them both ( Cormier and Johnson ) check.

Am I missing something?

The guy hasn’t fought more than twice in one year since 2011 and has bacially fought once a year most of the time.

He’s 3-3 in his last 6 fights and those 6 fights have taken him almost 5 years to compete.

His last 3 fights are Glover (KO), Jan B (decision), and DC (split decision).

He is clearly the best LHW out there currently. He should get a title shot just based on that merit alone, fans should want to see the best possible match ups. He is also ranked 1st with the best win streak currently out of all contenders and the DC rematch would sell better than any other DC vs random LHW.

His best performances were losses against champs. I gave up on Gus long ago he doesn't fight enough for my liking and always sounds entitled.

Look at how often he fights

0 times 2018
1 times 2017
1 times 2016
2 times 2015 (only because he got to fight for title)
1 time 2014
1 time 2013

How the hell does he make money and such an inactive fighter shouldn't be allowed a chance to become champ.

So yeah he fights 1 time a year, unless gets a title shot. He's been in UFC 9 years already.

True, but is anyone in the lhw division deserving of a title shot?

No in my opinion they’re not. So is this how it works now? If no one is deserving then they just pick someone at random because they had a tough fight with the Champ a few years ago?

Just put that title on hold untill something develops. Cormier has options at hw

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing new info
Thanks for you opinion and contribution. I wasn’t aware this place was solely for sharing new info.

I thought it was for discussing things, current affairs such as the gus situation etc

No in my opinion they’re not. Do id this how it works now? If no one is deserving then they just pick someone at random because they had a tough fight with the Champ a few years ago?

Just put that title on hold untill something develops. Cormrier has options at hw

He doesn’t want the options, he’s said so. He wants Brock.

So he should vacate.

No in my opinion they’re not. Do id this how it works now? If no one is deserving then they just pick someone at random because they had a tough fight with the Champ a few years ago?

Just put that title on hold untill something develops. Cormrier has options at hw
I think if Gus can actually win a fight by the time DC is ready he should get a title shot. Honestly, he just needs to get into the octagon. I'm a big fan of him but he's really starting to disappoint me with his inactivity and entitlement

While this may be true, he's still the 2nd best LHW in the division as long as JJ is out. What's the UFC supposed to do with him?

He turned into a ridiculous diva after losing to jones

I can't stand him

He didnt even deserve his first shot against DC

I noticed that since Gus had his close fight with Jones he uses that to take as few fights as possible to get the title shot and say, "I beat Jon and got robbed I deserve a rematch" and does the same with with DC. "I deserve a rematch."

Has a two fight win streak. Corey Anderson's resume is comparable at this point. How about you fight so there's no doubt you deserve the shot?

Compared to the rest of the division he does, but tbh noone really does.

And Gus is annoying as fuck lately

People are over gus and he doesn't even sale ppv. But who in the division does. They have a chance to maybe get this smith dude hyped up. If gus isn't willing to fight him let him crush some cans and gift him the title when dc retires. Then gus will have to fight him

I noticed that since Gus had his close fight with Jones he uses that to take as few fights as possible to get the title shot and say, "I beat Jon and got robbed I deserve a rematch" and does the same with with DC. "I deserve a rematch."

Has a two fight win streak. Corey Anderson's resume is comparable at this point. How about you fight so there's no doubt you deserve the shot?

Corey's resume would be comparable, but he lost not that long ago to Manuwa, OSP and Shogun, two of the guys Gus has a win over.

But fine, lets book Gus vs Corey for the 1st contender match, it wouldn't even be a competitive fight but whatever.

Damn. Gus is fighting too much to fight for the title. He should get his title shot in 2025 if he follows the Brock Lesnar title shot strategy.

Damn. Gus is fighting too much to fight for the title. He should get his title shot in 2025 if he follows the Brock Lesnar title shot strategy.
Brock is a huge draw and doesn’t fight often. Gus is a ppv flop and doesn’t fight often. I see a big difference here from a business standpoint.

Brock also has another job that prevented him from fighting.
Wtf is gus excuse?

Back