Gustafsson asking for an interim title is laughable

I agree, DC just fought Oezdemir and will end his career in lhw, I believe. I think the UFC is tryna push Gus now though. I been seeing him more lately these days. Like he was in the Joe Rogan podcast and then went to UFC on FOX and some other interviews. It seems theyre telling him to do some media before making him fight for the interim title.

Gustafsson want the title of a death division... Just give it to him. Doesn´t matter anymore..

WatchfulShockedAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

I think DC looks really childish in his interviews when hes denying Gus the interim belt, but the man has a point. Gus fights once a year and DC just defended in January, how exactly does that warrant the creation of an interim belt?

Aside from that Gus is inconsistent, and its not like hes been beating guys down. He looked amazing against Glover, but lets be honest, Glover is much much slower now. Before that he looked awful against Jan. So where exactly is this sense of entitlement coming from?

Who the fuck is Gus Davidson?

<FookIsThatGuy>

Fuck you TS

Gustaffson deserves nothing until he gets in the cage more often. What has he had? 2 fights in 3 years or something.

So where exactly is this sense of entitlement coming from?

Well.

He came really damn close to beating both Jones and DC....Many argue he won both fights...

And the truth is he came much closer to beating Jones than DC ever did....

This does carry value...

Gus (2-2 last 3 years) vs Weidman (1-3 last 2/12 years) for "Most entitled fighter" interim champion

Volkan vs. Gus

or

Volkan vs. Latiffi

i get the whole interim thing !! It's like boxing having a mandatory !!

With no Rumble, Jones or Cormier, it makes sense.
But he really need to fight more.

Unfortunately the UFC is directly responsible for creating the environment where this happens. They hand out interim title fights like candy....

And for what it's worth? I fully understand his frustration.

AS much as I like both Stipe and DC?

They have absolutely on business fighting each other right now. It's stupid, makes no sense, and is once again going to further hold up a division.
Stipe fighting DC absolutely makes sense. Both have cleaned out their divisions. There's no immediate challengers for either. They both deserve to cash in on a high profile fight.

Gus needs to talk about fighting not title shots. Gus is the second most entitled figther after McGregor.
-fights once every calendar
-has already been gifted a TS once where there was a more deserving challenger waiting (Bader)
-loses almost every high profile fight he's in. The guy is still milking almost beating Jones and that's from '13.

I like Gus but man that dude is getting salty. Hard to be a fan.

Waiting his way to a title shot... it seems it might pay of.

Gus Davidson fights once in a year himself + he got TS against DC coming off a 1st round TKO loss!

His winning streak consists of wins over Blachowicz where he clearly was losing standup battle and Glover, while I think win over Glover is a big achievement, he poked him in the eye badly which affected the fight.

Gus should fight Volkan or rematch Blachowicz who is on a 3 fight winning streak. Plus to that Gus should be way more active if he wants to be champ
The UFC is giving RDA and the Racist Snitch a shot at an interim belt, even when the champion told them he would be ready July 2018. LOL

I have zero beef with Gustafsson asking for an interim title fight. The champion of the LHW division could be out of commission for the rest of the year. There should be an interim title fight every time a champion is not ready to defend within 6 months. It will keep all divisions moving.

The UFC is giving RDA and the Racist Snitch a shot at an interim belt, even when the champion told them he would be ready July 2018. LOL

I have zero beef with Gustafsson asking for an interim title fight. The champion of the LHW division could be out of commission for the rest of the year. There should be an interim title fight every time a champion is not ready to defend within 6 months. It will keep all divisions moving.
RDA vs Covington fighting for interim is pure BS

Gus Davidson fights once in a year himself + he got TS against DC coming off a 1st round TKO loss!

His winning streak consists of wins over Blachowicz where he clearly was losing standup battle and Glover, while I think win over Glover is a big achievement, he poked him in the eye badly which affected the fight.

Gus should fight Volkan or rematch Blachowicz who is on a 3 fight winning streak. Plus to that Gus should be way more active if he wants to be champ
Gus/Shogun for the LHW Belt.

Back