Gustafsson vs OSP this summer

Fight makes sense. I just want to see Gus fight. Should be a good tune up fight for Gus which he should win easily.

At this point it's either this or Romero. I doubt Romero takes the fight without being able to get acclimated to lhw and put on a couple lbs.

See this makes zero sense to me.
Is Oezdemir not around? Does he not fight at LHW anymore? Isn't he still under contract with the UFC?

I mean why doesn't a Gus vs Oezdemir fight get discussed more on here? It makes the most sense and should probably have been the fight set up for Hamburg. It shouldn't be Rua vs Oez but rather Gus vs Oezdemir.
If Oezdemir gets past Rua then Oezdemir vs Gus at UFC 230 (MSG) or 232 (LV) would be a great fight to end the year at LHW imo.

Is Oezdemir not around? Does he not fight at LHW anymore? Isn't he still under contract with the UFC?

I mean why doesn't a Gus vs Oezdemir fight get discussed more on here? It makes the most sense and should probably have been the fight set up for Hamburg. It shouldn't be Rua vs Oez but rather Gus vs Oezdemir.
If Oezdemir gets past Rua then Oezdemir vs Gus at UFC 230 (MSG) or 232 (LV) would be a great fight to end the year at LHW imo.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the idea was gus was fighting by the end of summer with or without Luke. I think everyone wants to see the volkan fight

OSP is great for sure you could say. Experienced for sure at least. But his striking I feel hasn't really developed that much over all of his fights so far. He has a great submission game though that won't him a title I don't think.

Gus vs Volkan would be a good fight, but why should Volkan deserve a 1 contender fight right after he got outclassed by DC. Even if Volkan wins, who would like to see DC vs Volkan 2 next? Volkan vs Glover would make more sense.

Even worse than Rumble?

Yes, worse than Rumble. Rumble KOd Glover with one punch, while Gus beat the shit out of Glover for 5 rounds and then KOd him. It was by far the worst beating and most damage Glover has suffered in his career. Gus also did the same to Jones and DC (until Jones vs DC 2).

This is a fight I've always wanted to see because I'm a fan of both guys and both have ways of winning.. I feel like this is an unpredictable fight in some ways as well

I vote "yes" to seeing it happen

Gus vs Volkan would be a good fight, but why should Volkan deserve a 1 contender fight right after he got outclassed by DC. Even if Volkan wins, who would like to see DC vs Volkan 2 next? Volkan vs Glover would make more sense.

I mean as much as we might not want to go by the rankings all the time, Volkan is the #2 and OSP #7. Of course that will probably change soon with OSP moving up and Volkan might remain at 2 or drop if the Rua fight doesn't go well.
Plus, Volkan got outclassed by the champ but OSP lost to Volkan and Latifi in the past year and a half. Why does he deserve a fight against the top contender over Volkan getting that fight to get back in the mix?

Also, I'm not really a Volkan fan either. He's good, but I think Gus would beat him but OSP could surprise us vs. Gus 'cause sometimes he has crazy, out of nowhere wins..

They can make a lot of fights for Volkan but let's see OSP vs Gus while we can before they get too old, retire, or it never happens.

Meh... I would rather see Gus vs Yoel, a much more intriguing match-up IMO.

But if Yoel is a duck and continues to miss weight in MW, then I guess OSP is a somewhat decent opponent.

Been calling for this fight for a while then OSP almost got his head ripped off by Latif and it didn't make sense anymore.

I think OSP can definitely give Gus a run for his money.

Lmao Gus would MURK him

I'd be surprised if OSP lasted 4 minutes

This version of Gus is the best 205er ever, beats every LHW in history not named prime Rumble.

The version of Gus who barely scraped by Jan Blachowicz two fights ago?

Gus is way to inactive.

He may as well fight down the rankings seeing as DC is fighting Stipe. He needs to prove he can beat a black American before the rematch.

Why does he deserve a fight against the top contender over Volkan getting that fight to get back in the mix?

He doesn't. No-one makes sense for Gus unless its some stay busy/tune up fight. Then I guess it can be anyone.

The version of Gus who barely scraped by Jan Blachowicz two fights ago?

Wouldn't call easy 30-27 x 3 a "barely" (arguably 10-8 at least one round). Thats like saying Jones barely beat OSP, or DC barely beat Anderson.

Back