Guys like Elkins and Gaethje will be the end of our sport

Gervais

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
15 years from now when we see the effect of the damage guys like these take. I think it will be the end of the sport. Enjoy while you can

Posters like you will be the end of sherdog

Elkins has always sounded like a bit of a tard, doubt anybody will be able to tell a difference, even when full blown CTE sets in

Last edited:
Nobody cares what happens to athlete 10+ years after retirement. Plenty of high profile boxers get fucked up after retirement yet boxing is still here.

Hasn't seemed to make boxing disappear. They've been having head trauma issues for decades.

They fun to watch though, its all about moving the needle bruh

Everyone in the world saw what happened to Ali, and literally no one talks about getting rid of boxing

nah, these fighters are so well paid they’ll just retire, not work and live the life

No one really cared or even knew Ali was fucked up from getting punched in the head, they wont cry over Darren or Justin. Not trying to be a dick, but people dont care about what happens to guys far after their careers are over.

Bro, you seen boxing? Not only do they have gloves, which prevents the brain from turning off, but they have a ten second count and 12 rounds.

MMA is so much better for avoiding CTE.

No one really cared or even knew Ali was fucked up from getting punched in the head, they wont cry over Darren or Justin. Not trying to be a dick, but people dont care about what happens to guys far after their careers are over.
They say they care, but they are not there putting the straws in their mouths and cleaning the diapers.
I said yesterday that Robbie should retire and was ridiculed and scorned. Tough guys need to be saved from themselves.

Guys like Usman are worse.
iBj1oFL.jpg

15 years from now when we see the effect of the damage guys like these take. I think it will be the end of the sport. Enjoy while you can
It hasn't ended football or boxing.

It hasn't ended football or boxing.

Its definitely hurt football more than boxing. I think this is because a) It wasnt really a secret getting punched in the head was bad for your brain and b) football got shit for kids playing in middle and high school, even college where they dont get paid.

A lot more parents are telling their kids they cant play from fear of head trauma. This will hurt the talent pool going foraward. Viewership is also declining, not really sure if it's related to head trauma or not.

gaethje yes, but I don't see it with elkins. he just got solidly outstruck by a better striker tonite. and he was trying to wrestle but was getting stuffed. that wasn't Just Bleed or anything, he just got beat up.

Back