Guys like Elkins and Gaethje will be the end of our sport

Its definitely hurt football more than boxing. I think this is because a) It wasnt really a secret getting punched in the head was bad for your brain and b) football got shit for kids playing in middle and high school, even college where they dont get paid.

A lot more parents are telling their kids they cant play from fear of head trauma. This will hurt the talent pool going foraward. Viewership is also declining, not really sure if it's related to head trauma or not.
While the decline in viewership could be attributed to any number of things, is there actual data that shows a decline in kids/teens/adults playing football pre-NFL? Genuinely curious.

While the decline in viewership could be attributed to any number of things, is there actual data that shows a decline in kids/teens/adults playing football pre-NFL? Genuinely curious.

I've seen polls and have personal experience, dont have a scientific source though.

I am a teacher and have heard kids say either they or their siblings cant play because their parents said it wasnt safe. Hadnt heard it ever until a couple years ago. Maybe its a fad that will blow over, but I dont think so. People are rightfully protective of their kids. They might not care about a professional making bare minimum hundreds of thousands, but their teenager taking concussions is likely another story.

Back