Guys who aren’t elite......

Bert415

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
but could give any elite fighter a good close fight.

It could be Current guys or guys from the past.

I’ll start with two current guys.

Danny Garcia, it’s hard imagine any fighter at his weight class running through him. Has shown pretty well I’m just about every one of his fights. Very good chin. Very good fight instincts.
His power seems to make everyone Je fights very hesitant.

Orlando Salido- I’ve always been a mark for Salido and his style. Those uppercuts are some of the best in boxing. Just kinda a nightmare opponent. He has wins over Lomanchenko and really took Lopez’s soul when Lopez was one of the top establishing names in boxing. Beat Robert Guerrero at LW where Guerrero was a really good fighter. Was starting to bring it to Garcia before the fight was stopped because of a head butt.

Anyone that comes to mind for you guys?

Paulie Malignagi never seemed elite to me. That might not be fair, but that's how I've always perceived him. A better commentator than a fighter (when he is ridiculously biased).

Paulie Malignagi never seemed elite to me. That might not be fair, but that's how I've always perceived him. A better commentator than a fighter (when he is ridiculously biased).
but when is he giving elite boxers a tough fight? He gets destroyed when he steps up to better opponents.

Cotto. I hate not calling him elite, but a few of his losses were to the truly elite boxers in the sport.

Danny Garcia, it’s hard imagine any fighter at his weight class running through him. Has shown pretty well I’m just about every one of his fights. Very good chin. Very good fight instincts.
His power seems to make everyone Je fights very hesitant.

Anyone that comes to mind for you guys?
Dude, you realize Danny fights only the elite of the sport, right? Silly post.
Cotto. I hate not calling him elite, but a few of his losses were to the truly elite boxers in the sport.
Who has Cotto lost to that he maybe shouldn't have? Trout?
Elite vs Elite someone is gonna lose.

Cotto is about as Elite as it gets....arguably the best Puerto Rican boxer since Trinidad, you're crazy.

Luis Collazo gave Keef, Khan, Berto, Hatton, and Mosley problems.

Ishe Smith gave Jacobs and Martirosyan tough fights. Almost kO'd Julian Williams.

but when is he giving elite boxers a tough fight? He gets destroyed when he steps up to better opponents.

Yeah I was mostly saying he isn't elite and trailed off about that "giving elite guys a toigh test" you are right in that Paulie gets demolished.

Lucas Mattysse is not Elite, but he sure as hell is scary for anyone to get in the ring with him.

Adrien Broner is not Elite but has enough talent to be one of the best in the sport.

Because of their hype, the two guys who popped into my mind first were Amir Khan and Broner.

Back